Did Anyone See This Coming?

qualified101
SEO

Did Anyone See This Coming?

Post by qualified101 »

just got an alert that mike shanahan was fired in denver. 21 years within the same organization. surprised me!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Re: Did Anyone See This Coming?

Post by fuzzhead »

The timing was weird because I just said yesterday that I wondered if his seat was getting kinda hot....
Bill Cowher had some nasty years in Pittsburgh, including a stretch of 3 straight years without playoffs and a reputation as a choker - with more talent than Denver has had recently. I guess it just depends on the higher-ups.
I agree a change needed to be made, but maybe not so drastic..... The AFC West is the 2nd worst division in the NFL and they blew a 3 game lead with three games to go - the first time in NFL history its ever happened.

Blacksunshine
Riding the Bench

Post by Blacksunshine »

He got canned for two big reasons:

1. The collapse at the end of the season with a 3 game lead with 3 to go. And don't think for one moment the lambasting he took Sunday night didn't top the cake, how about losing to Oakland 2 weeks ago left a real bad taste in the mouth of the owner.

2. They weren't that good. Defense was getting old and couldn't stop the run plus no depth. Remember when they could plug any running back in that system and were successful, not the case anymore. Questionable trades and drafts, how's Portis doing in DC and where's Clarrett....oh prison I almost forgot.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I was thinking maybe next year if it was another this year

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

I didnt see it coming either the espn analysts were sayin his job was safe because of what he did their with the two super bowl wins and everything. Even the quarterback jay cutler said he didnt think he would be fired....
they said that bill cowher would be a perfect for them

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

i think cowher wants nore control than pat bolan wants to give right now.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

If my team didnt have a coach i would be praying because i do belive that Mike is a great coach and develops players like they should be developed and look what he can do with any running back it is just amazing.

and if i was a coach with out a team i would be flying to Denver begging for the job because Jay Cutler is now offically ready to take his team to the next level no more excuses he has Eddie Royal playing great and running backs wanting to get the ball by ground and air. The defense could be better but the offense has no more excuses. and the owner and the organization itself is a great one to be apart of.

Return to “Pro Sports”