Varsity

Whos better in 09' Begals or Browns

Post by broncofan09 »

Opinions!

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Re: Whos better in 09' Begals or Browns

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Not just because im a bengals fan but i truely believe they are alot better then the browns..

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Cincy by three to four games.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Bengals

I say Bengals go 7-9, 10-6
Browns go 4-12, 6-10

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Is this a serious discussion?????

:lol:

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

The Bengals will be a better team this year, there defense was really good last year, improved in the offseason and the offense will be bounds better this year

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

The Bengals will miss TJ, but have some good young receivers in the fold.
TE Chase Coffman was a great pickup in the draft as was WR Freddie Brown from Utah.
The defense should be solid if everybody stays healthy.
A healthy Carson Palmer will go a long way to helping them contend.
However, I still think the finish third behind Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

There are some pretty good High School teams that might be better!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

Bengals, easy... their D is improving a lot, they finished 12 overall last year after being in the 20's the year before... and they are only going to get better with those good rookie pick ups in the draft... O looks good too with Chad getting his head back on straight, after Denzel Washington said that he made a fool of himself last year...

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

browns by 2 games.
hasn't everyone heard this one yea the bengals will be good this year, and make the playoffs, whoops the suck it up again and palmer is a bust!!!!!!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I love the Browns but this subject is kind of like asking-who's better;Chrysler or GM? They're both bankrupt.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

dazed&confused wrote:I love the Browns but this subject is kind of like asking-who's better;Chrysler or GM? They're both bankrupt.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

The Bengals will be alot better than the Browns. They had one of the best drafts out of all the teams in the NFL. Also, Carson Palmer is healed and having a good offseason. He looks like the old Carson again. The Bengals bulked up their defense as well. Sure they will miss TJ, but they will be fine at WR with chad, chatman, coles, cosby, and henry. And they have benson and johnson in the backfield along with watson. Whether or not Chad's prediction comes true or not, idk, but i think they will be over .500.

Browns win 5 games.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

If Palmer stays healthy, Cincinnati will win anywhere from 7 to 11 games and will be in the running for a wild card spot. Cincinnati will have a top10 defense and a very good passing offense.
Cleveland won't win more than 7 games regardless.
AFC North is going to be very competitive, I think.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

fuzzhead wrote:If Palmer stays healthy, Cincinnati will win anywhere from 7 to 11 games and will be in the running for a wild card spot. Cincinnati will have a top10 defense and a very good passing offense.
Cleveland won't win more than 7 games regardless.
AFC North is going to be very competitive, I think.

Fine but both teams are below the Steelers and the Ravens IMHO. Much as I like the Browns, they're still years away fom contending AND SO ARE THE BENGALS.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

The Bengals were a Carson Palmer away from beating some good teams last year - the Giants, Jets, and Dallas come to mind right off the bat.
If Palmer stays healthy, I can definitely see them splitting with the Ravens and/or the Steelers.
Do I think they'll make the playoffs? No. But I certainly think they can be respectable to the point that their fans won't show up to games with paper bags over their faces. . .
8-8 is a real possibility.

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

Bengals stand a real chance of a wild card. Believe it or not they will win mostly with there def this year. Went from last to 12th last year. Have a better def this year. The off has a lot of good players, but not sold on off line yet. They have half a good off line. The bengals have been able to get into 2 superbowls. Browns 0. I think cinci will be back again. Browns show hope . Then it goes no where. They have to stick with a qb and coach. Cant go through so many and expect to win.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Bengals

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

gahs4ever wrote:As long as Pittsburgh is in the Div this is a stupid question. Only a Bengals or Browns fan could gloat about being out of the playoffs as long as they finish ahead of the other team.

I thought pro sports was a copy cat thing where everyone took the blueprint from the league champion and did it themselves? I see no similarity in either front office, coaching, or players to suggest that either Cincy or the Browns have learned a single thing from the Steelers.

Love my Browns, but it's getting harder and harder to take them seriously.

i guess you didnt see the draft this year and the free agents that cinci bought. Cinci making a better effert than i have seen in a long time. You guys did get a center. :122249 . cinci won divison in 2005. Not impossible.
It could happen this year, If pitt would have a bad year. :-D If graham didnt missed a 39 yd feild goal 2006 againest pitt, the bengals would have been in playoffs. There closer than what you think.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

gahs4ever wrote:
You see, unless you are looking to limp in with a wild card, you have to beat the teams in your own division first and foremost. Defense and a strong running game are the foundations. To suggest that the Bengals rise in defense from last to 12th is on par with the #1 Steeler defense is a stretch and is IMO the biggest gap between the two clubs. Takeaways is another consideration.

I agreed with pretty much everything in your post, GAHS, but this ^^^ right here can't be overstated. To compete in the AFC North, you have got to have solid rushing and rock solid defense. You have to learn how to win games in which both teams score a combined 13 to 20 points. Pittsburgh beat Baltimore 3 times last year but every game was air-tight and defense/field position was the key. You can't just have a good defense - it's gotta be downright, straight-up, punches-thrown, eyes-gouged nasty - making people limp after every down. Pittsburgh and Baltimore WILL keep you from scoring more than 20 points. You'd better be able to grind it out or you'll get man-handled.
Cincinnati had possibly the worst rushing offense in football last year and you mix that with an awful 2nd-string QB and you've got a pretty good defense that's getting worn down early on. Cincinnati's rushing game is still going to be bad and Pittsburgh WILL put pressure on Palmer and they will hit him. Cincinnati's one-dimensional offense is the #1 reason I think they won't make the playoffs.
All flash and no grit on the offensive side of the ball. . .

Return to “Pro Sports”