RAW vs. Hogan TNA Debut Special -Mon. Jan 4

Which will you watch on Monday, January 4?

Total votes: 0

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

RAW vs. Hogan TNA Debut Special -Mon. Jan 4

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

TNA Wrestling has announced they will host a special three hour show the same night as RAW, in which Hulk Hogan will formerly debut in TNA. Jeff Jarrett also returns that night for the special.

WWE is going to destroy TNA in this head-to-head matchup. This is only a one night special for TNA. If they get destroyed, they will probably back off the idea of going head-to-head on Monday nights with WWE. If TNA does well, they may consider it further.

I'm sorry, but Hulk Hogan is just too old to be the high draw he used to be. He is more nostalgia than anything else.

I think TNA made a huge mistake in signing Hogan to a huge contract, and it will surely have an impact on running them into bankrupcy if it doesn't pan out, and I don't see it panning out for them.

I've read online that WWE is trying to get The Rock to host the January 4 episode of RAW, but he might have scheduling conflicts with promotion of "The Tooth Fairy." He then starts filming a new movie, which means if The Rock does not host the January 4 Raw, he will not host until sometime in March.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Re: RAW vs. Hogan TNA Debut Special -Mon. Jan 4

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

They may have more on that night from the people who want to see hogans return.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Switch back and forth.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I don't think there is any conceivable way TNA could beat WWE in the ratings that night. On Thursday nights, without any WWE competition on TV, TNA's ratings are on par with ECW on Scyfy's Tuesday night ratings, which are much lower than a Monday Night Raw broadcast.

thecoach
Varsity

Post by thecoach »

TNA must compete against WWE as well as the Fiesta bowl....I don't like their chances

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

It may be close unless The Rock comes back to host Raw. Then TNA gets blown out of the water in ratings. I think more ppl want to see the return of The Rock instead of Hogan. I also read that WWE is thinking about making RAW a 3 hour special that night too, to counteract what TNA does and forces them to go head to head for the full 3 hours.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Thank god for my dvr box

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

thecoach wrote:TNA must compete against WWE as well as the Fiesta bowl....I don't like their chances

I agree their chances don't look to good

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

This is a bad move on TNA's part. They are barely beating ECW in the ratings I dont see how they can compete with Raw. Dixie Carter need to stop listening to Vince Russo. If she really wants compete with the WWE she needs to fire Russo and hire Paul Heyman. Ill be switching back and forth between shows.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Here's Jim Cornettes take on the whole situation. This is from his website jimcornette.com.

Q.---What is your opinion on Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff signing with TNA?

A.---Oh, this whole thing reminds me of why I hate corporate wrestling. I must admit there are bright spots, like imagining Vince McMahon's face and blood pressure when he heard the news, or hearing Hogan bitchslap Vince Russo by saying they'd be OK if "he stays in his place." Can TNA make their minds up, LAST month everybody had to be "100% behind Russo's creative direction" and THIS month they hire a guy who once SUED him for his lousy booking? They have reunited the same team that helped WCW lose more money than any wrestling promotion in history.

In all seriousness, of course Hogan's presence will boost ratings, at least in the short term, and one or two PPV appearances over six months or a year will do buys far beyond anything TNA's ever done on PPV. He can get publicity like no one else associated with TNA. Bischoff has proven he can get television deals done, just possibly not GOOD television shows MADE. But to me there are still issues. Vince Russo and Ed Ferrara are still writing the show. If a lot of people are looking at a turd, does it smell better? This is not a company-making move unless the extra viewers see a product they can get hooked on when Hogan isn't there or gone. It doesn't speak well for the policy of the youth movement and pushing new faces and making new stars. Talk about a Bush-Clinton dynasty, how long has it been since someone not named McMahon, Bischoff, Hogan and Russo has been in charge of wrestling in this country, and the business is a lot less popular in the US than it was 10 years ago. Will Hogan do anything to make even one young talent like Lashley, or Morgan, or "Desmond", a star, or just drop the leg in each appearance to make the "fans happy"? A lot of questions about whether this is a good move for TNA will be answered by what both Bischoff and Hogan do for TNA instead of themselves. But the very nature of this move indicates the company does not intend to present any alternative to "sports entertainment", and no one will ever beat Vince McMahon at that. Long-term, I believe the only way for TNA to succeed with this move is to hook the extra fans they get, and have a young roster of new stars in positions ready to take over for Hogan and the rest of their veteran roster within the next year. I don't see Vince Russo as the architect of that and I don't see the style of athletically based, competitive wrestling that COULD hook these new or excommunicated fans being one that Russo knows how to present, that TNA wants to present, or that Hogan's style lends itself to presenting.

Which brings me to the next question that has been asked dozens of times in the last month---

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Put a fork in TNA Monday night special..........

Brett Hart has reportedly signed a short-term deal with WWE that begins January 1 and ends with Wrestlemania. He is said to start out as the Guest Host of RAW on January 4 - the night of the TNA Special. Brett Hart has not been in the WWE since the night of the infamous "Screw Job" over a decade ago!

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/breaking-news-bret-hart-signs-a-talent-deal-with-wwe-92747

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Bret Hart has signed a short-term talent contract with WWE that will go into effect on January 1st, 2010, and expire a couple weeks after WrestleMania 26. This makes it very possible that he will be guest hosting the January 4th edition of WWE Raw when it goes head-to-head with TNA Impact. Additionally, Bret could feasibly make further appearances for WWE if his contract is in fact as long as the report indicates.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/more-on-bret-harts-wwe-signing-will-he-wrestle-a-match-92749

As we reported just moments ago, Bret Hart has signed a short term talent deal with WWE that will go into effect on January 1st, 2010.

At this time, The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Hart is expected to debut with the company as the special guest host of Raw on January 4th, which of course goes head-to-head with TNA Impact that night.

Additionally, it's being said that Hart's talent deal does not expire until April 10th, 2010, and it is expected that Hart's work with WWE will not be limited to just one appearance as Raw's guest host. In fact, there is talk at this time of Bret possibly wrestling one more match, but that is simply speculation at the moment and nothing has been confirmed.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

How ironic is this?!?! The WWE is turning to Brett Hart on the night TNA tries to have a Monday Night Show featuring Hulk Hogan and in the '90s, it was Brett Hart who led the way for WWE after Hulk Hogan bolted for WCW!!!

Could we see Brett Hart vs. Vince McMahon in some capacity on January 4? Who wouldn't want to see that? Revenge of the Screw Job!

Return to “Pro Sports”