Cooperstown. Who gets in?

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Cooperstown. Who gets in?

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

Out of this years list who would you vote for? Choose as many as you think are worthy

1st Timers:
Roberto Alomar
Barry Larkin
Edgar Martinez
Fred McGriff
Kevin Appier
Ellis Burks
Andres Galaragga
Pat Hentgen
Eric Karros
Robin Ventura
Ray Lankford
Mike Jackson
Shane Reynolds
Davide Segui
Todd Zielle

Waiting:
Bert Blyleven
Andre Dawson
Jack Morris
Mark Mcgwire
Tim Raines
Lee Smith
Alan Trammell
Dale Murphy
Dave Parker
Harold Baines
Don Mattingly

My choices:
Larkin
Alomar
Martinez
Blyleven
Dawson
Mattingly
Morris
Raines

SENDEM
All Conference

Re: Cooperstown. Who gets in?

Post by SENDEM »

Seen on MLB last night that they thought that only 2 would make it this Yr, Blyleven an Alomar an the 1 that might possibly make it was Andre Dawson.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I don't know a lot about most of them, but Larkin and McGriff would be two of my choices.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

not mark, juiced, mcguire.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Larkin gets my vote!

salemcat
JV Team

Post by salemcat »

Larkin is snubbed big time. Won an outragious number of silver slugger awards. An MVP. Some Gold Gloves. Disappointing

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

How is Don Mattingly not in the HoF? Thats riduculous. Larkin def should have gotten in and then you got Mark Mcgwire who is only guilty of taking stuff you can buy off the shelf from GNC not in the HoF. This is the reason along with Rose not being in that the baseball HoF is a joke.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I really thought Larkin would get more votes..He only got 50% and u need 75%.Dawson was the only one to get in.Alomar is a for sure Hall of Famer...One of the best 2nd basemen of all time.Maybe next year for Larkin and Alomar.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I am glad Dawson got in because he played hard and played with bad legs for years while producing.
Mattingly if he didn't have the back problems would have been a sure first vote HOF. The back problems dropped his production. I think their should be a section for the HOF for Great players whose careers where cut short by injuries. Some of Mattingly's numbers rank right up there with the best who played for a single season. He also was a great defensive player.
Larkin stats and play was good but not close to how well he was as a team mate and for all he done for the community. The total player.
Alomar the spitting incident will put him off for a few years.
Lee Smith was the dominate closer for a period of time.
Blyleven has the numbers and played for some bad teams. His talking about it keeps some from voting for him.
Tim Raines was a very good player worthy of the HOF.
Jack Morris was very good if he would have played on more winning teams he would be in.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

Why is Bill Mazerowski in the HOF for hitting a home run against the Yankees in the World Series. One at bat made him a HOF (granted it was a great moment in baseball history) Great defender but didnt hit the ball all that great.

While Jack Morris pitched possibly the greatest game of ALLTIME in game 7 of the World Series, 10 innings of shutout baseball. But Morris can only get 52% of the vote.

cavalierfan95
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan95 »

i agree that this hof is a joke!75% of a vote are you kidding me?the football hall is much better because the have more people than the baseball.why dont the have 5 people go in instead of one or two?this 75%crap is ridiculous no wonder the right guys cant get in and thanks to the players committee pete rose will never get in.

if these steroid jerks get in ill never watch baseball ever again

Return to “Pro Sports”