Tito out Franklin in.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Tito out Franklin in.

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

Tito Ortiz has pulled out of his UFC 115 fight with Chuck Liddell and Cincinnati native Rich Franklin will take his place.

There has been no explanation why Ortiz has pulled out of the fight but the excuse should be legendary knowing Tito.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Re: Tito out Franklin in.

Post by bigtimehitter »

Prolly cause Tito aka "Huntington Beach Bad A$$' don't wanna face the fists of fury again :lol: Chuck had some crazy bomb throwin in his day, dude was a true beast!

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

I kind of wish that Tito would have beat Chuck because Tito would walk around talking as though he beat 2005 Chuck.

But I'm more intrigued by Franklin/Liddell, than Ortiz/Liddell IMO that would be a replay of the 1st two Chuck defending the takedown and Tito showing his standup hasnt improved than Tito talking how he had a brain aneurysm in the 2nd Round and thats why he lost.

Rich and Chuck would have been a better fight 3 years ago but it should still be an entertaining fight.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

I saw on other site lastnight an update Where Dana said on his Twitter that these were just rumors

therayn3man
Waterboy

Post by therayn3man »

when is the world going to admit that chuck is a has been???
The 205 is far too competitive for him to be a contender.

Does anyone honestly think that chuck can compete with the top of the 205 right now...
Machida, evans,silva, etc

he wont be competitive unless he drops to 185 or something.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

therayn3man wrote:when is the world going to admit that chuck is a has been???

Does anyone honestly think that chuck can compete with the top of the 205 right now...

No one is arguing that Chuck is a contender. Dana forced him into retirement after his lost to Shogun. It's not like they're giving him guys in their prime, Tito is terrible and hasnt won a fight in 3 years. Rich is on the decline. Chuck cant make 185 and Anderson Silva would own him anyway. Chuck is just gonna fight on name alone not to be champ.

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

I think Chuck will KO Franklin

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

I think it would be an entertaining bout.

MM125
Riding the Bench

Post by MM125 »

The_Legend_of_Northwest wrote:Tito Ortiz has pulled out of his UFC 115 fight with Chuck Liddell and Cincinnati native Rich Franklin will take his place.

There has been no explanation why Ortiz has pulled out of the fight but the excuse should be legendary knowing Tito.

I finf it funny Tito talks so much but where is he at now, he crossed the line talking about Chuck's alcohol problem and now he doesn't wanna face what he dug himself into. A typical Ortiz he can bash all he wants but whines and quits when people start bashing on him. Tito at best has only been an average fighter.

therayn3man wrote:when is the world going to admit that chuck is a has been???

Yeah he is not as good as what he was but he pretty much is what Randy Couture is, a test. If you can't beat him then you don't deserve a title fight.

hoosier3434
Waterboy

Post by hoosier3434 »

i hope this a rumor because i would love to see a motivated chuck liddell take care of business once again because he is no position to win the 205 title now hes gettin older and the competition is always gettin tougher so chuck will probably just fight to get ppv buys now.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

I'm not sure what's happening but Dana White is saying that Chuck/Tito III is still happening at UFC 115, and that Rich is fighting Couture at the same event

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Now it is official Chuck vs Rich UFC 115 in Vancouver

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

The_Legend_of_Northwest wrote:Now it is official Chuck vs Rich UFC 115 in Vancouver

One of the best parts of the Ultimate Fighter was the coaches squaring off at the end of the season. Last year it didnt happen with Rampage and Rashad, now this?

WOW.

Just_A_Fan
Varsity

Post by Just_A_Fan »

This is a shocker, would have loved to seen Evans and Rampage last year and now this...Everyone knows that the two really do hate each other so I do believe the fact that Tito is hurt. After his fight against Forrest he was talking about wanting to coach against Chuck and the rematch at the end. Well see who tito fights next and then possible the next fight would be against Chuck.

MM125
Riding the Bench

Post by MM125 »

Just_A_Fan wrote:This is a shocker, would have loved to seen Evans and Rampage last year and now this...Everyone knows that the two really do hate each other so I do believe the fact that Tito is hurt. After his fight against Forrest he was talking about wanting to coach against Chuck and the rematch at the end. Well see who tito fights next and then possible the next fight would be against Chuck.

That was before the comments he decided to make towards Chuck and now since he seen he is extremely motivated he wants no part of it.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Rampage and Rashad are fightin next month @ UFC 114

Return to “Pro Sports”