Rant against ESPN Sportscenter

mister b
SEOP

Rant against ESPN Sportscenter

Post by mister b »

On wednesday morning the lead story on Sportscenter was the Randy Moss trade. It lasted 13 minutes with all the comments etc around the trade and it's ramifications. The 2nd story was the Miami Heats first pre-season game and it last 7 minutes during which they looked at every play in which LeBron touched the ball.

On thursday morning the lead story was Roy Halladay's no hitter. It lasted 9 minutes. Folks this was history in the making, only the 2nd no hitter in MLB post season play. He was 1 pitch away from a perfect game. It ended with a great play by the Phillie catcher. This was his 2nd no hitter of the season. It was his 1st post season game ever and to top it off, it was in sports mad Philadelphia. AND THE MOSS TRADE GETS 4 MINUTES MORE THAN SPORTS HISTORY?

The 2nd story after Halladay's no hitter? Another 6 minutes re-analizing the Moss trade.

It is the 1st day of the MLB post season. Can't we cover all the playoff games first before we talk about trades or the Miami Heat?

I long for the old days of Sportscenter with Chris Berman and crew. It was a much better product than what is on the air today.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: Rant against ESPN Sportscenter

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

NFL sells, MLB doesn't/

A trade involving a future hall of famer that will put his team in the running to get to the super bowl
sells more than a no-hitter in the playoffs.

Might not like it, but it doesn't change.

NFL is King, Baseball is nearly dead.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

I understand the NFL sells better than the MLB, however, ESPN does broadcast 2 MLB games of the week during the season so the product is selling and selling well for them.

I don't agree that Moss can be called a future Hall of Famer at this point in time.

I do agree that Moss will command double coverage which will should leave Harvin in single coverage and thus open the running lanes for Peterson who should have some monster games because of the trade.

College football is king. IMO. But I do concede that the NFL does hold sway over the public's interest more so at this time of the year than MLB.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I don't watch sports center, or first take or Cowheard or any other show on ESPN. Most of them are a joke anymore. I do Watch Sports nation every now and then but thats just because Michelle Beadle is on there.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

Orange and Brown wrote:I don't watch sports center, or first take or Cowheard or any other show on ESPN. Most of them are a joke anymore. I do Watch Sports nation every now and then but thats just because Michelle Beadle is on there.
Michelle Beadle :-D

ace63
SE

Post by ace63 »

moss grows on rocks.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

SC pretty much blows, I never watch it anymore. MD

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

I pretty much have given up on pro sports teams. Even this good run by the Reds has me only watching near the end of the game or trying to catch scores. The nfl is bland and tasteless compared to the college game. How can you have rivalries, when one week or month you find guys previously on the team you supported now playing against you! There is more commercial time and dead ball time than anything in sports nowadays. I stick to College Football, some College Basketball and a lot of high school sports.

Sportscenter does blow however! lol

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Like him or not, Moss will have his day in Canton.

BigDintigertown775
Freshman Team

Post by BigDintigertown775 »

They should call it the Yankee network during baseball season. It seems every other Sunday night baseball game is the yankees vs someone else.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i agree, it's either about , favre, the yankees, moss, lebron, i would not mind if they covered something quickly and moved on, but they'll cover the same subject several times. i rarely watch it anymore, and used to never miss a show.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

and people like mark may just ruin it for me.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

If mark mays on there i turn it.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

That's one of the reasons why I never watch sportscenter anymore. That and the fact that any network that allows a tool like Mark May and a dinosaur like Lou Holtz to do your college sports coverage is a complete joke. Mark May is the biggest tool on TV and he's not a Craftsman. He's one of those cheap a$$ tools you see on sale at 4 in the morning where if you buy one they throw in 10 other things with it. lol

Sportscenter sucks!!!

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I think he must have took a beating from the Buckeyes while in college.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

he wanted to be a buckeye, but they never offered to him. but i love ole lou. i think he's great.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

younger don't always mean better.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

mark only knows how to always be different

He shouldn't be matched up with Holtz---or even anyone

Return to “Pro Sports”