Browns draft

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Browns draft

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Who will we take in the first round? and what do you think they will do after that?

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: Browns draft

Post by dazed&confused »

Richardson @ #4; Wright at #22, and a DE at #37. After that, take best player on board at each lower pick. NO ONE is saying this but I trade Cribbs if I can get value in return. Kick returns are rendered worthless with new rules and you should have a good punt returner somewhere.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Yeah we already got rid of Hillis we might has well get rid of our only other play maker we have left..... Actually I agree with you Trade Cribbs for a good tall wide reciever. We need a stand out running back to take pressure of the QB, and a couple lineman on both sides of the ball

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Browns just traded up from 4 to 3 taking T.Rich

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Took Weedon with #22 pick?! And we wonder why we are cellar dwellers? The Browns will still be suffering by this pick long after Holmgren and Heckert are fired.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I guess there's no need for O-lineman!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Running back, check. QB, check. OL, check. DL, check. WR, ??????? :(

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

QB check? I guess time will tell.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Heres the Browns so far

1 Trent Richardson RB 5-11 224 Alabama
1 Brandon Weeden QB 6-4 218 Oklahoma State
2 Mitchell Schwartz T 6-6 318 California
3 John Hughes DT 6-3 309 Cincinnati
4 Travis Benjamin WR 5-10 175 Miami (FL)
4 James-Michael Johnson ILB 6-2 240 Nevada
5 Ryan Miller t 6-8 295 Colorado
6 Emmanuel Acho ILB 6-2 245 Texas
6 Billy Winn DT 6-4 295 Boise State
7 Trevin Wade CB 5-11 192 Arizona
7 Brad Smelley TE 6-3 229 Alabama

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I still don't get it....a draft deep in WR talent and we draft one? Did anyone in the Browns front office review last year's tapes or did they burn them all after the season? The whole AFC North got much better except for the Browns, who are running in place. I give up.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

And the one they drafted is the shortest one of all, I thought we were after a big tall speedster.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

The Vikings bluffed the Browns out of three picks. That fourth rounder could have secured a right tackle or another quality receiver. Even if you lose Richardson, well worse things have happened. I'd have taken Blackmon in that case, then drafted a couple of runners later (you can get them there), and come out of this draft with several impact receivers. Draft four of them. If two fizzle out, you still have a couple of good playmakers, which is two more than we have now. The opposing defenses will still stack the box, tackle Richardson for modest gains on first down, and rattle our 29 year old rookie in the pocket on third and 7. I don't give a rip for a QB this year. The Browns are going to go 3-13 even if they had Otto Graham and Jim Brown. I wanted to be in position to get Barkley next year and have the offense set around him. Now, they won't take him even if picking first because the Walrus won't admit a mistake. Another failed front office. Like breaking a mirror, the Browns now have seven more years of failure. Randy, call me!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i must say i was begging to my tv, for my bengals to trade up to get richardson myself. that was a great move , and you had picks to give with all the extra compensatory picks you were given, great move by the browns.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i heard them say the browns had lost 30,000 season ticket holders, that blew my mind.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i heard them say the browns had lost 30,000 season ticket holders, that blew my mind.
Cant really say i blame them these last few years have been tough on me as well.....

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

VegasEagle wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:i heard them say the browns had lost 30,000 season ticket holders, that blew my mind.
Cant really say i blame them these last few years have been tough on me as well.....
I'm a life-long Browns fan. Not a season ticket holder but used to be a regular. Went every year, several times a year. I lived and died fall Sundays based on what the Browns did on the field. I lost that passion when the hypocracy was exposed that my devotion was in vain as the almighty dollar allowed them to move. I've only been back to a live game once since they returned and that was because my son, who is a Steelers fan, wanted to see the Steelers play them. I love pro football and can't stay way from it despite wishing I could. I found solace rooting for the Packers during the Browns absence and they rewarded me with a Super Bowl winner. Still, I was willing to give the Browns the benefit of the doubt when they returned despite the fact I never really felt they were "my team" like the old team was. It takes more than a name and colors to make a team. The last 13 years have been like taking back a wife who cheated on you. I still love them but not like I used to. I kept waiting for a reason to fall in love again. I'm still waiting and after this last draft, I see I will have to wait even longer. I'm mad as hell at them but I can't completely walk away. So I'll pull for them hoping they prove me wrong but I still switch the channel when the Packers are playing. :(

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Browns direction they are trying to take the team the fans just can not figure out. They put pieces together somewhat then go backwards. Much like the spin the Wheel of Fortune then come up bankrupt. Then start in a new direction. While never being able to solve the puzzle. Just leaving their fans puzzled. Browns fans need something more than just hope and prayer from management. Everyone knows they need a WR they didn't draft one and have not gotten one as a Free Agent. They can change coaches but seet about the same results. Maybe things will change. Even the Bengals put together 2 very good drafts with Mike Brown in charge.

The Narddog
Waterboy

Post by The Narddog »

I like the Weeden pick.

The Narddog
Waterboy

Post by The Narddog »

I also like that the Browns showed some moxey moving up to get Richardson.

The Narddog
Waterboy

Post by The Narddog »

Would have liked to have seen more done at the wide receiver position.

Return to “Pro Sports”