LeBron vs. Jordan

Rebels on 3
All State

LeBron vs. Jordan

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Lets start the biggest debate in sports today. The reason I think LeBron is better than Jordan is, LeBron is a way better passer than Jordan ever thought about being. Also LeBron is a better rebounder, and they are about equal in scoring. LeBron is better around the basket. Also LeBron can guard all five positions on the court where Jordan can only guard two. Then there's size, LeBron is 6'9 260, Jordan was 6'6 225. If anyone wants to bring up rings LeBron won a ring younger than Jordan did. Also the casual nba fan can't even name the starting five from the cavs team that LeBron took to the finals. One more thing, if Jordan didn't have pippen and Jackson and all the good parts put around him would he have won those rings?

tubby
Varsity

Re: LeBron vs. Jordan

Post by tubby »

Yea Jordan had Pippen....Lebron has Wade and Bosh

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Not this again,Whenever James has a streak of success somebody will bring this up,I don't care how many championships he wins, Michael never needed all these star players around to help him win a championship, Pippen was good, but he was no Wade or Bosh, Miami would not have won this year without Bosh coming back imo, so in my mind he will never be in Jordan's league.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

One on one there is no way Jordan is good as LeBron. Jordan couldn't handle his size strength or speed. If you say Jordan is Just as good or better one on one then you just don't understand NBA basketball. People hold a grudge on LeBron and because of that they don't give the credit needed.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

Rebels on 3 I am guessing you are not old enough to have watched Jordan or else you are just plain ignorant. Maybe both.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Rebels on 3 wrote:Lets start the biggest debate in sports today. The reason I think LeBron is better than Jordan is, LeBron is a way better passer than Jordan ever thought about being. Also LeBron is a better rebounder, and they are about equal in scoring. LeBron is better around the basket. Also LeBron can guard all five positions on the court where Jordan can only guard two. Then there's size, LeBron is 6'9 260, Jordan was 6'6 225. If anyone wants to bring up rings LeBron won a ring younger than Jordan did. Also the casual nba fan can't even name the starting five from the cavs team that LeBron took to the finals. One more thing, if Jordan didn't have pippen and Jackson and all the good parts put around him would he have won those rings?

This isn't even a debate in my book. Lebron is great but Jordan is the GREATEST!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I think they should wait until James has the same amount of years in as Jordon when they started talking about him being the best.

I also think the greatest player should be the one that can be great everywhere on the floor.
I would say James could be better than Jordan overall.

With that being said MJ is better than both. Johnson play everywhere on the court. He played center during the finals and played it very well. Jordan couldn't do this and James could manage it to a point.

If Johnson hadn't stopped playing this question would be different.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Jordan's first step was unbelievable so he could definitely handle James with speed,only thing Jordan would have trouble with is hes a little shorter so yes Jordan would have trouble down low, but I think Jordan is a better shooter from the outside so he would offset that.One on One maybe James could squeak by him, but Jordan is definitely better at making players around him better with what he had to work with,and Jordan could pass with anybody giving his players wide open looks time after time.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

C-Bolt wrote:Jordan's first step was unbelievable so he could definitely handle James with speed,only thing Jordan would have trouble with is hes a little shorter so yes Jordan would have trouble down low, but I think Jordan is a better shooter from the outside so he would offset that.One on One maybe James could squeak by him, but Jordan is definitely better at making players around him better with what he had to work with,and Jordan could pass with anybody giving his players wide open looks time after time.
Seriously? Jordan was known as a bad teammate and not a very good passer, that was Jordan's weaknesses. LeBron is known as a great teammate and a great passer and sometimes is known to pass to much. LeBron made Mo Williams a all-star. Also yes I am old enough that I got to watch Jordan play, I Just don't hold grudges and can tell when someone is a better ball player.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Yea your right he was a bad passer I looked it up and he only had 5,633 assists,,seriously?

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

C-Bolt wrote:Yea your right he was a bad passer I looked it up and he only had 5,633 assists,,seriously?
Ok cbolt I pulled up some stats also. LeBron has been in the NBA 9 years and has 4,751 ast. Jordan at 9 years in the NBA had 3,935. LeBron has 816 more ast than Jordan at the same point in their careers. You tell me who the better passer is. Seriously?

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

LOL I knew you would say that! Look I never said Jordan was a better passer all I said was he could pass with the best of them and the stats bear that one out,now on the other hand you boldly said Jordan was bad passer so I had to correct you on that, and I have little bit of a problem with you assuming James is a good teammate because I don't remember any rumors of Jordans teammates sleeping with his mom :lol:

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

My comparison of the two

Scoring overall: Advantage Jordan (One of the best offensive players to ever play the game)
Scoring on wing: Advantage Jordan (Slightly better shooter than Lebron)
Post-game: Advantage Lebron (6'8"/6'9" 260 and has spent time playing both the 4 and 5 for Miami)

Rebounding: Lebron (7.2 rpg compared to Jordan's 6.2)

Passing: Lebron (6.9 apg compared to Jordan's 5.3)

Defense: Jordan (Very slightly. Averaged more steals in his career but has similar block numbers. Lebron's versatility keeps it close).

Versatility: Lebron (Can and has played all 5 positions on both sides of the ball)

Intangibles(last second shot/clutch): Jordan-(Proved this on many occasions. A good portion of his legacy is built off final shots or huge performances in important games)

Making Teammates better: Lebron-(My evidence for this is the comparisons of both the Bulls the first season Jordan left to play baseball and the Cavaliers post Lebron. The Bulls lost very narrowly in the conference finals led by Pippen and the Cavaliers finished with the league's worst record and got another #1 overall pick)

Had better players around them up to this point: Jordan (Lebron's first season in Miami was the first season of his career that he had a championship caliber team around him. Rick Barry's Golden State team that won the title back in the day and maybe Dirk's team 2yrs ago are the only teams in NBA history that I can think of that won a title without a legitimate #2 star. Even though that Mavs team did have Jason Kidd, this year's defensive player of the year Tyson Chandler, and a multiple time 6th man of the year in Jason Terry. Not to mention Shawn Marion)

Youngest to win a title: Tie (They were both 27 when they won their first title. The Bulls came up short against the Pistons until 91 and Lebron dealt with crappy management in Cleveland who refused to put anyone better than a 37yr old Shaq or a 33yr old undersized 4 in Antawn Jamison beside him. The exception to that obviously was Mo Williams who on a normal contender would be a solid 3rd or 4th option)

Youngest to be named league MVP: Lebron (24 compared to Jordan's 25)

Hairline: Advantage Lebron (Jordan just gave up after a while. Gotta give Lebron credit for sticking with it. Should monetize it like Anthony Davis' brow caterpillar).

Jordan is obviously the greatest player in history but it is absurd to say Lebron will never be able to get there. Lebron is closing the gap. To the age of 27 Lebron has had the better career of the two so give him some time. He could win the next 5 or 6 titles or never make another all-star game. It's too early to compare their careers.

JMO

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

I hate using the WOULDA, SHOULDA, COULDA sayings but if Jordan didn't retire those 2 years the Bulls maybe WOULDA won 8 straight. The Bulls set the record for wins with 72 when he returned. I don't think anybody would've stopped them those other 2 years. We'll see who is better in time i guess.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

Great post Tribemaniac. People need to open their eyes and learn records are made to be broken, and some point in time someone comes around that is better than the last guy. I'm pretty sure years from now there will be a player compared to LeBron that just could be better than him.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

How about Jordan, 6-for-6, against the likes of the Magic, Clyde Drexler, Gary Payton, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone and John Stockton in the finals.

OR

How about LeBron, 1-for-3, against the likes of Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki and a just-getting-his-feet-wet Kevin Durant.

NOT EVEN CLOSE GUYS, and I dislike UNC players as required by Duke law.

Jordan invented ways to beat opponents. LeBron switched teams to enhance his brand.

No "decision" required on this one, sorry.

Actually, shouldn't we talking about Kobe vs. Jordan?

Wins one title with a stacked deck and is suddenly the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Kobe---lol---always good to start the morning out with a laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I feel so much better

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

I have to agree LeBron made his teammates look better than Jordan. Lebron going 0-17 in the 4th qt last year of the finals sure made his teammates look better. On the other hand Jordan hitting clutch 4th qt shots made his teammates look worse.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

No one fears playing Lebron. People feared going against Jordan.

Sure when Jordan was younger he was a ball hog and sometimes his defense would disappear, but when he realized that no one can win an NBA Championship alone he started to pass the ball more and started playing great D.....

Lebron does have size, and his playing style mirrors Magic more than Jordan. Lebron can play anywhere on the floor, Jordan was a guard and that's all he played. You can say Lebron is more versatile than Jordan, but that alone doesn't make him better.

Jordan was better than Magic and Lebron isn't as good as Magic was (Yet). Magic was a better clutch shooter and had a little bit better outside shot than Lebron.
When people can honestly say that Lebron James is better than Magic Johnson, then everyone can start the comparison between Jordan and Lebron.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

noreply66 wrote:Kobe---lol---always good to start the morning out with a laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I feel so much better
After having to look at yourself in the shower, I'm glad I could bring some sunshine to your little world. :lol: 8) :122246 8) :lol:

Kobe, btw, is 5-for-7 in the NBA Finals against the likes Reggie Miller, 'Practice Guy', Jason Kidd, Dwight Howard, the New Bad Boys and the Boston Big 3. Kobe and MJ are both 10x 1st-Team All-NBA and 9x All-Defensive Team. MJ never put 81 points up on any franchise, and Kobe is one full season away from passing both Wilt and MJ on the all-time scoring list.

Guess who handed the Celtics their only Game 7 loss in NBA Finals history? And he didn't even need Shaq to do it.

MJ made me want to watch NBA basketball years ago. Kobe, Kevin Durant and Tim Duncan are the only reasons for me to watch it now.

In reality, how about Jordan 91-93 vs. Jordan 96-98.

Return to “Pro Sports”