2019 Cincinnati Reds

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Reds

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Get ready for a ton of trades around the deadline.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Poor Reds. Thought they might at least split it with the Cards, but bad luck hangs on. Playing in beer country tonight/Brewers. Will watch some of it, but like others on here, I'm pretty much done. Like County says. Always next year.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Watching the Reds pregame. Figured I would jump on the reds thread. And boy are we ever a sad and frustrated bunch of redleg fans. I honestly don’t know what to say in regards of where to start to make this thing better. I think we are bad at all facets of the game. And when I watch Joey Votto the other night get beat to the first base bag. We are now getting beat too in the game of effort. From guys that are getting paid millions of dollars to play a game they love. This is when I knew we were in worse shape than what is on paper and what we see with our eyes. Yes we fans have pretty much given up and I’m pretty sure the players have too.

Do we scratch it all. And start from ground zero????

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Trade Votto! Keep the SS and RF or try to sign them ? The old GM has a trade caus ! Think you watt ? Father time has caught up with him ? A new fit would help him !

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:43 pm Watching the Reds pregame. Figured I would jump on the reds thread. And boy are we ever a sad and frustrated bunch of redleg fans. I honestly don’t know what to say in regards of where to start to make this thing better. I think we are bad at all facets of the game. And when I watch Joey Votto the other night get beat to the first base bag. We are now getting beat too in the game of effort. From guys that are getting paid millions of dollars to play a game they love. This is when I knew we were in worse shape than what is on paper and what we see with our eyes. Yes we fans have pretty much given up and I’m pretty sure the players have too.

Do we scratch it all. And start from ground zero????
Only with a change in owners, owners truly committed to winning, will the Reds ever have a chance of playing .500 or better baseball. At least for Cincy fans we should be thankful that the Reds are better than Miami, Baltimore, or Detroit. That is not saying a lot for a team with its highest payroll ever.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

possibly the most exciting finish I ever saw last night in a reds game. hanging onto a 4-1 lead with the game almost over and a brewer smashed a grand slam, the second in two days. the brewers go up 5-4. then suarez smacks a 2 run homer to finish it off for the redlegs. wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:29 am possibly the most exciting finish I ever saw last night in a reds game. hanging onto a 4-1 lead with the game almost over and a brewer smashed a grand slam, the second in two days. the brewers go up 5-4. then suarez smacks a 2 run homer to finish it off for the redlegs. wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, it was a good one, Bait. Suarez is one fine ball player. Has done good most of the year. We need more like him.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Yes it was a very exciting game last night. Need more of it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hope the next one goes the very same way trench n county.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Saurez deep top 1. He is a good player and agree could use a whole roster full just like him

Miles Wood
Waterboy

Post by Miles Wood »

Looks like it's time to sell.No way they sign any of the big FA's especially Puig.He looks like a classic Yankee pick up to me.

"The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate"
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Votto seems to be hitting the ball better not choking up on the timber. He chokes up on the bat way too high, IMO. Ya just don't see very many pros doing that.
Last edited by TRENCHFOOT on Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:08 pm Votto seems to be hitting the ball better not choking up on the timber. He choked up on the bat way too high, IMO. Ya just don't see very many pros doing that.
If he would just go back to the basics, I think we would see signs of the Votto of old. He really is a headcase.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:28 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:08 pm Votto seems to be hitting the ball better not choking up on the timber. He choked up on the bat way too high, IMO. Ya just don't see very many pros doing that.
If he would just go back to the basics, I think we would see signs of the Votto of old. He really is a headcase.
Agree. Pete Rose I remember choked up a bit, but not as high as Votto does. Crazy stuff. Standing out as far as he does in the batters box he hasn't got much bat to reach the ball choking up that high. Much better tonight with him not choking up at all.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wow, the reds beat the brewers like a brother in law's mule. I wish we could get more consistency. I don't even wanna thing about puig in pinstripes.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

What happened last night? I heard they got beat 5-4, but I didn't get to watch the game.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I'm an Indians fan, but I know enough about the Reds to say that despite their place in the standings, they are on the right track for the near future. Cincinnati has been consistently in the top 5 in all of baseball in team ERA, and that is what will get this team where it wants to be in the next 2-3 years. If the Reds can keep this group of pitchers together, starters and bullpen, there's no question that in 2020 they will make a run to the top of the division. Look at this year.........the division isn't nearly as strong as what it has been. Even with the Reds' struggles, they still have been only 5 or so games out of first place. I know that Raisel Iglesias has been a disappointment as a closer, but I honestly think he is better than what he is showing. Amir Garrett has been very good out of the bullpen, and he just might be headed for the closer role if Iglesias continues to struggle.

You don't have to have a great offensive team to win in baseball......the Indians have consistently been in the bottom 10 in all baseball in hitting in 2019......but the pitching has been outstanding, starters and bullpen. Tampa Bay is the only American League team that has regularly been ahead of Cleveland in pitching stats.

The Reds finished in last place in 2018......it was unrealistic to think that they were going to do a complete about face in 2019.......but I think things are definitely looking good for 2020. Hopefully they don't go on a fire sale, because if they do, it will set the division title plan back a couple of more years.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Rockies in town.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Fox sports off the air !!!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio