2019 Cleveland Browns

farmer
SEOP

Re: 2019 Cleveland Browns

Post by farmer »

Browns release Whitehead after his idiotic comments. A good quick step for the Browns. Next to replace Kitchens.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

There is always next year

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:33 pm There is always next year
It's like time travel. It's always "next year" in Cleveland! 😂

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

dazed&confused wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:35 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:33 pm There is always next year
It's like time travel. It's always "next year" in Cleveland! 😂
Much like in the movie "Major League". Where the fans were talking about the upcoming Indians season. Just this season a lot of talk up the Browns and now all the talk is how bad they are playing. No matter what Cleveland does have it's fantastic weather.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Maybe hunt will bring the spark needed this week.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Lost our best player but heading right direction with easier schedule next

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

That really hurts the pass rush. We will see how Freddie handles it. Browns defense was fantastic but over shadowed by Miles having a brain cramp. At least he apologized and owned up to it but I always thought he had a screw loose, afraid of what he'll do next when he comes back

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

goodness folks read this thread from page 1 till this post...…..all I can say is......WOW...….I think back to my childhood watching tapes from Jim Brown to Brian Sipe and The Kardiac Kids.....to Kosar, Newsome, Mack, Slaughter, Byner and watched and felt my heart as 8-10yr old kid crunched with The Drive and The Fumble to my freshman year of high school football and watch Model remove my team.....as I graduated high school to start playing college the Browns come back all the way to reading the 7pages of the 2019 Browns and all I can say is WOW...…...I will never stop being a fan but gosh is it tough and takes some serious loyalty.....I just hope we come out these last few remaining games and play decent football and as always...…..There's Always Next Year

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Browns must extend Joe Shobert!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:21 am Browns must extend Joe Shobert!
Agree 100% This is a good place to start the new culture. Reward those who have done well regardless of need. And give OBJ a one-way ticket out of town.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Browns wanting to go in a new direction as they say but word out is they want to interview former Brown coach Brian Daboll. Like that went well before when he was with the Browns.

No need to get a head coach who calls offensive plays.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Did I just read that Dorsey has decided to step down as GM ? Mayby I'm just hoping that he will step down ?

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Jesus, loving this team is like being married to an alcoholic schizophrenic axe killer. I need to be in therapy to find out why I'm still a fan.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I was floored when I heard this today! Dorsey lost some of the luster this year that we had for him last year but I remember how bad things were before he came in. Now I suppose truck stop Jimmy and the loving spouse will be running the show again. Better get prepared for more 1-15 2-14 seasons. :(

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Tom Brady for head coach/gm

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

After watching the NFC Championship game, all I could think of was the 49ers offense could be a model for the Browns. Trade or cut OBJ, rebuild the line, invest in a solid TE and bring back the fullback. With Chubb and Hunt, just run it down the other team's throat and let Baker heave it a dozen times a game.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

dazed&confused wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:47 am After watching the NFC Championship game, all I could think of was the 49ers offense could be a model for the Browns. Trade or cut OBJ, rebuild the line, invest in a solid TE and bring back the fullback. With Chubb and Hunt, just run it down the other team's throat and let Baker heave it a dozen times a game.

Makes too much sense to get back at getting good at the fundamentals of football!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

cbolt wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:35 am I was floored when I heard this today! Dorsey lost some of the luster this year that we had for him last year but I remember how bad things were before he came in. Now I suppose truck stop Jimmy and the loving spouse will be running the show again. Better get prepared for more 1-15 2-14 seasons. :(
Agree about truck stop Jimmy, as long as he's in charge things are going to be in disarray. This may not be popular, but I'm still not sure that Baker Mayfield is the long term answer at QB.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:54 pm
cbolt wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:35 am I was floored when I heard this today! Dorsey lost some of the luster this year that we had for him last year but I remember how bad things were before he came in. Now I suppose truck stop Jimmy and the loving spouse will be running the show again. Better get prepared for more 1-15 2-14 seasons. :(
Agree about truck stop Jimmy, as long as he's in charge things are going to be in disarray. This may not be popular, but I'm still not sure that Baker Mayfield is the long term answer at QB.
Don't worry about popular, worry about right. I, too am not convinced Baker is the second coming of Brian Sipe but might be the reincarnation of Mike Phipps. Google those guys!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

dazed&confused wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:53 am
VetteMan wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:54 pm
Don't worry about popular, worry about right. I, too am not convinced Baker is the second coming of Brian Sipe but might be the reincarnation of Mike Phipps. Google those guys!

Loved watching tapes as a boy of Brian Sipe and the Kardiac Kids.

Return to “Pro Sports”