2019 Cleveland Browns

countywide35
SEOP

Re: 2019 Cleveland Browns

Post by countywide35 »

New general manager Andrew Berry.

Did I see this right he is the youngest GM in NFL history ??

Also guys Shiism we start a Cleveland browns 2020 thread for us to share our heartaches and miseries ???

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:35 pm
dazed&confused wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:53 am
VetteMan wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:54 pm

Agree about truck stop Jimmy, as long as he's in charge things are going to be in disarray. This may not be popular, but I'm still not sure that Baker Mayfield is the long term answer at QB.
Don't worry about popular, worry about right. I, too am not convinced Baker is the second coming of Brian Sipe but might be the reincarnation of Mike Phipps. Google those guys!

Loved watching tapes as a boy of Brian Sipe and the Kardiac Kids.
Those were the good old days. Did Brian Sipe play at San Diego State in college, or was it somewhere else ? I'm pretty sure that Mike Phipps played at Purdue.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I’m not sure on Brian Sipe. That was just a tad before my time as far as watching it happen at age that I could remember. I grew up watching Bernie , Slaughter , metcalf , byner , clay matthews etc...... when I put the tapes of Brian Sipe and the Kardiac Kids in I watched it every time thinking the outcome may be different this time😬

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:16 pm
countywide35 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:35 pm
dazed&confused wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:53 am
Don't worry about popular, worry about right. I, too am not convinced Baker is the second coming of Brian Sipe but might be the reincarnation of Mike Phipps. Google those guys!

Loved watching tapes as a boy of Brian Sipe and the Kardiac Kids.
Those were the good old days. Did Brian Sipe play at San Diego State in college, or was it somewhere else ? I'm pretty sure that Mike Phipps played at Purdue.

Should we start a Browns 2020 thread ???

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Are they playing in 2020???

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

noreply66 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:25 pm Are they playing in 2020???
It's been a bad enough day with all the Buckeye problems, you got me. What do you mean, Are they playing in 2020 ?

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Some years it looks like they're not playing, just wondering if 2020 will be another one of those years.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just read today where the Browns signed Donavon Peoples-Jones, there 6th Rd draft pick out of Michigan. He's a wideout, 6'2" 215lbs, and at one time was thought to be one of the most gifted receivers in college football. I think he is still perceived to be potentially one of the best receivers that was drafted, but for whatever reason he just didn't live up to his full potential while at Michigan. Out of High School, he was one of the most sought out athletes in the country, including being pursued heavenly by the Buckeyes.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Tight End David Njoku has demanded a trade from the Cleveland Browns, and according to a report, the Dallas Cowboys might be a team that is interested in him. this makes sense from their end, but what would the Browns want for him ? Now day's when your team makes a trade for another player that plays the position that you play yourself, instead of working a little harder to earn the position, we just call our agent and demand a trade.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

After an endless amount of speculation regarding other edge defenders, the Browns opted to make their commitment to Olivier Vernon official. The Browns will save a little bit of money, and Vernon gets a guarantee and the peace of mind of knowing where he will be playing in 2020. They had looked at a couple other edge defenders, but the asking price was just more than they were willing to pay.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Myles Garrett is an all pro caliber human on and off the football field. Garrett missed a handful of games last season after he was suspended for the incident against the Pittsburg Steelers. That incident is in no way a picture of who Garrett has proven himself to be, a helping, caring person who goes out of his way to help people more often than not. The latest avenue that Garrett is taking is to help people in raising money for an Alzheimers Association, that is led by the defensive end himself. The event is going to be called, "Run With Myles #95. This charity event will be a virtual Styled 5k Run that will bring people together for a great cause that affects many families. It's great that he is putting forth and helping people in this great cause, as his image took quite a hit last year, especially in that one incident against the Steelers.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Cleveland Browns have agreed to terms with their 1st Rd draft pick, Jedrick Wills out of Alabama. He was signed to a 4 yr contract, fully guaranteed for 19,702 million dollar's. He was the 10th overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft. Short of a disaster, Wills is expected to step in and start at left tackle for the Browns this year. The Browns signed Jack Conklin as a free agent, and he should be able to step right in at right tackle.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:59 pm Myles Garrett is an all pro caliber human on and off the football field. Garrett missed a handful of games last season after he was suspended for the incident against the Pittsburg Steelers. That incident is in no way a picture of who Garrett has proven himself to be, a helping, caring person who goes out of his way to help people more often than not. The latest avenue that Garrett is taking is to help people in raising money for an Alzheimers Association, that is led by the defensive end himself. The event is going to be called, "Run With Myles #95. This charity event will be a virtual Styled 5k Run that will bring people together for a great cause that affects many families. It's great that he is putting forth and helping people in this great cause, as his image took quite a hit last year, especially in that one incident against the Steelers.
It is being reported that the Cleveland Browns and DE Myles Garrett are close to signing a contract extension for 5 years and a reported 125 million dollars. If Garrett can keep his emotions in check, he could go down as one of the best DE's to ever play for the Browns. His image took quite a hit last year in the incident in the game with the Steelers, even with a lot of the Browns fans. He seems to be saying and doing a lot of good things since that happened, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Cleveland Browns have signed Jacob Phillips, their 3rd Rd draft pick out of LSU. Phillips, 21yrs old, was the leading tackler on the Tigers defense. A solid athlete, he's been lauded repeatedly by the Browns organization for his intelligence. Phillips processes information quickly and plays fast, in turn he is able to get downhill and attack the run at a pretty high level.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Browns have signed Grant Delpit, their 2nd Rd draft pick out of LSU. This completes their 2020 draft, as everyone is now under contract. Delpit could compete for a starting job at safety depending entirely on how quickly Delpit can adapt to the NFL. Delpit was believed to be a lock 1st Rd pick coming into the 2019 season. Playing through injuries, as well as seeing his play drop off from the elite level he set the previous year, he dropped into the 2nd Rd where the Browns were all too happy to select him. Delpit has been lauded for his intelligence, plus his ability to process and see the game. He has prototypical size and shows excellent athleticism.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Cleveland Browns currently have the most salary cap space in the NFL with 38.6 million. While this has often been attributed to the Browns not spending and potentially being cheap, the Browns are currently slated to spend 201 million on salaries in 2020, which would rank 14th in the NFL. They have the most cap room in the league, but are nowhere near the bottom of the league in terms of how much they are spending on their team this year. Creative accounting and an understanding of the salary cap has allowed them to create an excellent financial situation which should enable the Browns to be one of the best teams in the league in the 2021-2022 seasons. And here all along we fans have thought that it was the talent, the coaches, and the ownership that have been holding the Browns back, when really all they needed to do was hire a couple really good accountants.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

A few Questions posed to Browns RB Kareen Hunt in an interview: How do you feel about being in a tandem with RB Nick Chubb: We definitely feel as if we can thrive. How does it feel being active wit the WR group in meetings: As far as I'm concerned it's going good. Do you see a greater roll in catching passes in HC Kevin stefanski's offense: Possibly, we will just have to see how that goes. How have you overcome your traffic stop: I would have to say that was out of character, I learned from it. Do you feel as if the traffic stop was a wake-up call; I guess so, I have to do better. How do you feel about your former team, Kansas City winning the Super Bowl; I have moved on, I'm very happy for those guys. Do you feel lucky that your career is still going after your traffic stop: I am blessed that the Browns gave me another chance. Have you done anything specific to show that you have changed: I have pretty much just been hanging with my family. How comfortable are you playing with Covid-19 spiking: I'm not very comfortable at all. How much better do you feel being that you are healthy this year: My body is feeling great. What has struck you the most about the social justice going on in America: It is very sad to see. Would you like to stay in Cleveland long term: No question, I would love to stay here. ( I wish that I knew, but I have no idea about what happened at the traffic stop.)

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Browns gave their defensive line a pass rushing boost on Thurs. with the signing of veteran Adrian Clayborn. Clayborn, who is entering his 10th NFL season, comes to the Browns after spending 4 of the past seasons with the Atlanta Falcons. A former 1st Rd pick out of Iowa, Clayborn spent his 1st 4 seasons in Tampa Bay, where he thrived as a rookie, compiling 7.5 sacks in 16 starts, before dealing with season ending injuries over 2 of the next 3 years. sandwiched in between those two seasons was an impressive 2013 campaign in which he started all 16 games, and racked up a career best 64 tackles to go along with5.5 sacks. Over the past 5 seasons, Clayborn has thrived as a situational pass rusher. From 2015-2017 with the Falcons, he appeared in all but 3 games and compiled 17 sacks. In 2018, he was with the Super Bowl Champion Patriots before returning to the Falcons in 2019. He has played in 110 games in his career, with 196 tackles, 36.5 sacks, and 4 fumble recoveries.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

What we do know: Even in a year full of disappointments, Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham Jr. each cleared 1000 yards and combined for 10 touchdowns. Landry landed in his 5th Pro Bowl and Beckham was named as an alternate. They fought through injuries that have both been addressed with offseason surgeries, and now enter a second season together with a new set of offensive coaches. Higgins is back with the team after a disappointing 2019 season, in which both he and the Browns believe will be an aberration.Ratley, Hodge, and Taylor were all a part of the 53 man roster throughout the 2019 season, but only contributed sparingly as pass catchers while serving valuable roles on special teams. Donavon Peoples-Jones, a former 5-star recruit, was added in the 6th Rd and brings high upside as both a red zone threat and a return man. Natson, who had been with the Rams, was added in free-agency to provide competition in the return game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

A day before the Cleveland Browns rookies are to report to the Browns training camp, and a week before he's due to arrive, David Njoku has attempted to try to do a little damage control in wake of his trade request, saying that he appreciates the support of the city and the fans. You might be a little surprised David, as to how much support that you really have, being that you didn't really want to go out on the field and try to earn the position, but rather go and find yourself a shiny new agent and demand a trade. I hope you do find a way to get out of Cleveland, because they have had enough quitters over the years.

Return to “Pro Sports”