2019 Cleveland Browns

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Re: 2019 Cleveland Browns

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

O-line was a major disappointment last night. But, the d-line was shining bright!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

78 they did a good job !

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Now the Zeitler trade doesn't look so good. Vernon is a beast on the DL but he can't keep Mayfield upright. Dorsey has to be burning up his phone checking on help for the O line.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Teams must have a good offensive line to be good in the NFL. As well as to keep their QB healthy. Just like the Colts QB Luck retired from the NFL now. Trent Williams from the Redskins I mentioned before and I would use some draft picks to go get him. The HYPE about the Browns across the country doesn't need to go to the Browns are back to what they have been the last 20 years. Mayfield needs to show improvement and not hit the second year wall. As defenses have had time to find ways to contain him. Sure is time to quit the talk and prove it on game day.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

farmer wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:27 am Teams must have a good offensive line to be good in the NFL. As well as to keep their QB healthy. Just like the Colts QB Luck retired from the NFL now. Trent Williams from the Redskins I mentioned before and I would use some draft picks to go get him. The HYPE about the Browns across the country doesn't need to go to the Browns are back to what they have been the last 20 years. Mayfield needs to show improvement and not hit the second year wall. As defenses have had time to find ways to contain him. Sure is time to quit the talk and prove it on game day.
Totally agree!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Read where Williams could be traded to the Texans for Clowney. If that is true the Redskins can not negotiate his next contract til after the season. So that is a big gamble. Browns trading a number 1 pick for a player ready now. That will help the offensive line and protect Mayfield. So Mayfield can easier find the talented receivers on the team. The Browns may give the Redskins something that other teams can not for Williams. Not like the Redskins are going to the playoffs anytime soon.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Man I respect your take Farmer and the Browns, in all there rush to glory ignored a basic building block by fortifying the O line. I think Dorsey is making his first big mistake in standing behind his draft of Corbett. But I worry William's may be a bridge too far. There has to be a couple of competent targets out there that still allows the Browns to improve on what they have now and still keep picks that can be used on lineman who can be good and cheap when we have to negotiate contracts for Mayfield and Garrett.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

One thing is which Offensive Linemen are available? Williams was playing at a very high level on a bad team. Is he close to the years catching up or does he have a few more good years. Being able to play for a team that seems to be going somewhere. May make him feel and play well. It is a gamble that may or may not pay off. Hard to find and develop good offensive linemen. Just like the Bengals tried with 2 highly rated tackles that are now elsewhere. When the Rams got former Bengal Whitworth he helped the entire line get better. Just as he is not the long term fix he is there for a few years. The best Offensive Tackles in the NFL are worth gold to the team that has them. Not a position to go cheap on. Sure is something to do homework on.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Miami Dolphins maybe willing to trade OT Laremy Tunsil. Tunsil who is 25 years old playing on the last year of his contract. So will be looking for a big payday. A younger option for the Browns but to give up a #1 pick they must resign him.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Read that Corbett is in line for the Cameron Erving Memorial Award given to the offensive lineman who fails at the most offensive line positions. He has flopped at tackle and guard,
Maybe able to trade him in a deal for a new tackle.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Meanwhile Mitchell Schwartz is doing a bang up job in KC. Well, you can't win them all, I guess. Wonder how Joe Thomas is feeling these days?🤔

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Browns thought they had an offensive tackle with a lot of upside last year. Who is now gone. Finding and getting them up to playing well is tough. Schwartz is rare to find. Thomas as like a lot of retired players have said with Luck retiring. There is a difference in feeling good and how they feel after a game. Not hearing or seeing a player the Browns have that could step up and be that special player. But having a chance to get a high quality Offensive Tackle that is a need really needs to be looked at. If that is an option you need to get them in a quick as possible to learn the plays.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I don't see the Browns making any major acquisitions to the O line. You'd hear some rumblings by now. No smoke means no fire. So can we win with our current line?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

There has been some rumblings. But you didn't hear much about OBJ before it happened. Same as Kareem Hunt. Easy to say they are not happy with the Offensive Line. Patriots with the possibility of losing Andrews have traded for 2 linemen. Always evaluate and look to improve your team. It may not happen but just look at the Bengals having talent but unable to put together an even alright offensive line. Will need to keep OBJ happy or watch the fireworks

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I always thought OBJ was a short term thing. Not crazy with him in the clubhouse.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Seriously let's get down to nuts and bolts. Just for sake of argument, if the Browns start 4-4, I believe they can realistically win 6 of their last 8 games. Does 10-6 get them into the playoffs?

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Looks like the Browns obtained an O line guard from Buffalo with an exchange of some picks. Wyatt was a 5th round pick of the Bill's in 2017. Not sure this is the big move the Browns need but if he is decent, might shore up the right side of the line. I think Dorsey isn't done with it yet. Corbett might be on the cut bubble.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

dazed&confused wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:01 am Seriously let's get down to nuts and bolts. Just for sake of argument, if the Browns start 4-4, I believe they can realistically win 6 of their last 8 games. Does 10-6 get them into the playoffs?

itll be awfully close Daze.........but gosh dang it if feels good to have a conversation on our thread with play-off talks and it being an honest conversation piece

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

my old teammate and close buddy that is a Steelers fan reminded again we haven't won anything yet...…..man he's so right but he keeps that talk up wer fixin to head to the gravel to find out whos the tougher man lol

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

:lol: :lol: :o

Return to “Pro Sports”