XFL

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: XFL

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Today will tell us a lot more.
Dallas has to dominate being they are suppose to be the best team. Tampa Bay and New York should be (I.M.O.) A hard fought close game. The Tampa Bay/ New York game (Again I.M.O.) will be close because I am not sold on either especially with New York starting Matt McGloin (QB) and Tampa starting Aaron Murray (QB). I do not see either being a starter for long.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Love the Tampa Bay uniforms.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I missed the games today due to a wreslting tourney at Rio.

How’d it go ???

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

I.M.O. through the games played so far, I think New York then Tampa has the worse QB units and both will struggle all season long.
Thoughts?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Landry Jones looks like use garbage so far.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Cardale Jones picked up right where he left off in 2014

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I know I could look this up

But refresh my memory to what Cleveland school cardale came from ...high school

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Glenville.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:48 pm Glenville.

Thank ya !!

That’s where Teddy GIn Jr came from also wasn’t it ?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Not only was Ted Ginn from Glenville, but his father was the Head Coach at Cleveland Glenville for quite a few years. All the years that Jim Tressel was the Coach at OSU, we had a pipeline to Glenville, and could get just about any player that the Buckeyes wanted from CG. I'm not sure if maybe the talent has dried up in recent years somewhat, but they have not recruited Glenville the way that they did in past years.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Glenville is just a shell of its old self. Last year they got beat handily by Norwalk in the first round of D3 playoffs. Me and my brother went to see them in the Shoe for the Herbie classic when Cardale was a senior. That was one of the best teams they ever had. They were heavy favorites to win the D1 title that year then get upset by St. Eds in the semis or regional finals.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:31 pm Cardale Jones picked up right where he left off in 2014
Cardale Jones will probably forever be remembered for the 3 games that he was able to help the Buckeyes win in securing the National Championship. I always felt as if Archie Griffin was maybe probably the most popular player that ever played for the Buckeyes, and there have been many many more that are just about as popular.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:10 pm Not only was Ted Ginn from Glenville, but his father was the Head Coach at Cleveland Glenville for quite a few years. All the years that Jim Tressel was the Coach at OSU, we had a pipeline to Glenville, and could get just about any player that the Buckeyes wanted from CG. I'm not sure if maybe the talent has dried up in recent years somewhat, but they have not recruited Glenville the way that they did in past years.

Yes I remember that now about Ted Ginn Sr being the head coach there at Glenville. Of course I could look it up again but rather just ask and talk with you fellers on here. Wonder if Ginn Sr is the head there now and if not maybe that the reason the pipeline has dried up so to speak ?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:58 pm
VetteMan wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:10 pm Not only was Ted Ginn from Glenville, but his father was the Head Coach at Cleveland Glenville for quite a few years. All the years that Jim Tressel was the Coach at OSU, we had a pipeline to Glenville, and could get just about any player that the Buckeyes wanted from CG. I'm not sure if maybe the talent has dried up in recent years somewhat, but they have not recruited Glenville the way that they did in past years.

Yes I remember that now about Ted Ginn Sr being the head coach there at Glenville. Of course I could look it up again but rather just ask and talk with you fellers on here. Wonder if Ginn Sr is the head there now and if not maybe that the reason the pipeline has dried up so to speak ?
I think that he is still the Head football coach as well as the Head track coach. He is 64 years old ( Born in 1955 ). I'm pretty sure he has 2 other children besides Ted Ginn Jr.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:44 am

I think that he is still the Head football coach as well as the Head track coach. He is 64 years old ( Born in 1955 ). I'm pretty sure he has 2 other children besides Ted Ginn Jr.

Been a minute since I thought of the Ginn family. Didn’t JR play in the national title game against meyer and Florida ?

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:51 am

Been a minute since I thought of the Ginn family. Didn’t JR play in the national title game against meyer and Florida ?
Yep, returned the opening kickoff and sprinted into BCS title-game history with a 93-yard touchdown return....then broke his ankle celebrating...

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

ndc soccer wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:56 am

Yep, returned the opening kickoff and sprinted into BCS title-game history with a 93-yard touchdown return....then broke his ankle celebrating...

That’s right 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:16 am

If I remember correctly, everything pretty much went downhill for the Buckeyes soon after that celebration. Lol

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:45 am

If I remember correctly, everything pretty much went downhill for the Buckeyes soon after that celebration. Lol
Yeah. Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith went 4-14, 35 YDS, 1 INT. Total yards was 370 to 82..

but hey, the opening kickoff tho.....lol

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:45 am

I remember now well !!! That opening kickoff I ran outside blowing an air horn down the street lol......my cam was still full at the end of the game lol

Return to “Pro Sports”