BROWNS vs DOLPHINS

farmer
SEOP

Re: BROWNS vs DOLPHINS

Post by farmer »

Actually I recorded the Browns game to watch the Bengals and Steelers game. Thought that would be a better game as well as to see how the Steelers would play after the Browns game. Before they play the Browns again. The Steelers played better defensively but that was against the Bengals. The Steelers had to make a QB change. Devlin made two passes in a row for a TD. The run game was off and on but better with Devlin who could complete passes. The Steelers brought in some new WR's this week. I would think Devlin would get the start next week against the Browns. Finley QB for the Bengals just doesn't have the zip on the ball to get it in the tight windows. As well as not even being close even when not getting pressure. I thought if Dalton was QB the Bengals would have won the game.

The Steelers after some kick returns would get to pushing back and forth. Then a couple of times after plays which they would not show on tv. So a pretty clean game. With Pouncey out Finney had some trouble with a bull rush. So the Browns should be able to take advantage of that.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

farmer wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:33 pm Actually I recorded the Browns game to watch the Bengals and Steelers game. Thought that would be a better game as well as to see how the Steelers would play after the Browns game. Before they play the Browns again. The Steelers played better defensively but that was against the Bengals. The Steelers had to make a QB change. Devlin made two passes in a row for a TD. The run game was off and on but better with Devlin who could complete passes. The Steelers brought in some new WR's this week. I would think Devlin would get the start next week against the Browns. Finley QB for the Bengals just doesn't have the zip on the ball to get it in the tight windows. As well as not even being close even when not getting pressure. I thought if Dalton was QB the Bengals would have won the game.

The Steelers after some kick returns would get to pushing back and forth. Then a couple of times after plays which they would not show on tv. So a pretty clean game. With Pouncey out Finney had some trouble with a bull rush. So the Browns should be able to take advantage of that.

Fair enough.

Fight or no fight

I want to across the turnpike and win it even more now. Not to justify Myles garret. But because it’s the Steelers One game at a time.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:33 pm sounds good farmer...…….and yes sipe was the QB and I am almost certain it was the 80 season on a cold cold day in municipal stadium.....I used to watch it thinkin it would change every time I put the VHS tape in lol lol lol
Just saw this. I feel like the Obi Wan Kenobi of Browns fans. It was a long time ago and the world was different when I was young. It was a cold, wind-swept day in January 1981. Cardiac Kids team. Browns were driving for the winning score late in the game. Don Cockroft was the Browns kicker. He was one of the last of the straight on kickers, not soccer style. He missed a FG earlier as the wind was whipping and the ball was dead in the cold air earlier in the game. Browns were in range but Coach Sam Rutigliano decided to call a pass play into the end zone instead of playing it safe and setting up the field goal. Brian Sipe threw it a little late trying to force it to Ozzie Newsome. Raiders safety Mike Davis cut in front and intercepted the pass putting an end to the Browns chance to win. I can remember it like it was yesterday. I was 23 years old and thought well we'll come back and win it next year. Still waiting. See "The Fumble" and "The Drive." Don't forget "The Comeback" when the Browns were beating the Steelers in the playoffs in 2002 and let those damm Squeelers back in. Like I said, got the scars.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

dazed&confused wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:56 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:33 pm sounds good farmer...…….and yes sipe was the QB and I am almost certain it was the 80 season on a cold cold day in municipal stadium.....I used to watch it thinkin it would change every time I put the VHS tape in lol lol lol
Just saw this. I feel like the Obi Wan Kenobi of Browns fans. It was a long time ago and the world was different when I was young. It was a cold, wind-swept day in January 1981. Cardiac Kids team. Browns were driving for the winning score late in the game. Don Cockroft was the Browns kicker. He was one of the last of the straight on kickers, not soccer style. He missed a FG earlier as the wind was whipping and the ball was dead in the cold air earlier in the game. Browns were in range but Coach Sam Rutigliano decided to call a pass play into the end zone instead of playing it safe and setting up the field goal. Brian Sipe threw it a little late trying to force it to Ozzie Newsome. Raiders safety Mike Davis cut in front and intercepted the pass putting an end to the Browns chance to win. I can remember it like it was yesterday. I was 23 years old and thought well we'll come back and win it next year. Still waiting. See "The Fumble" and "The Drive." Don't forget "The Comeback" when the Browns were beating the Steelers in the playoffs in 2002 and let those damm Squeelers back in. Like I said, got the scars.

Thanks for clearing that up daze

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

go browns.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Pro Sports”