SEOP

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Reds

Post by Geronimo »

Bauer to pitch on short rest !!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Trevor Bauer loves big games and being great during pressure moments. The intense, guttural yell's the Reds starting pitcher let out to end the sixth inning of a 6-1 victory over the Brewers on Wednesday night were certainly worthy for the occasion. Milwaukee opened the sixth with Jacob Nottingham reaching on an error and Avasail Garcia's single. Bauer buckled down and struck out his next three batters, Christian Yelich, Jedd Gyorko and Daniel Vogelbach, when they all fanned on strike-three curve balls. With each strikeout, a pumped up Bauer yelled louder and longer. Joey Votto, who was in a 0-31 vs Milwaukee pitchers dating back to last season, hit a two-run homer in the first inning. Jesse Winker hit a solo homerun in the forth inning, and then Eugenio Suarez delivered the big blow, a three-run homer in the fifth inning. I think Bauer allowed 1 run on 4-hits, 1-walk and fanned 12 batters in 8 innings.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

The pitcher was on his game !!!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Looks like the Reds control their own destiny in qualifying for the playoffs if they win two of the final three games against the Twins. One win and they will need help. There are six teams in contention for four of the five wild card spots, all hovering at a .500 winning percentage.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Would like to get that 7th seed !!!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Last 3 games for a play off berth !!!

mattash
Site Admin

Go Reds Playoffs 2020

Post by mattash »

Excited

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Go Reds Playoffs 2020

Post by mattash »

I would want the dodgers round 1. Best of 3 with them would be our best chance

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

A big win tonight as the Reds beat the Minnesota Twins 7-2 to win the first game of the 3 game series which will conclude the 60 game regular season. Mike Moustakas provided a big spark tonight as he hit a 2-run homerun in the 4th inning, and then hit a solo shot in the top of the ninth. Freddie Gavis also hit a solo homerun. "Gold Chain" gave us a few nerve racking minutes when he entered the bottom of the 8th inning, with only a 2-run lead, and then I think went to a full count on about every hitter that he faced. I know that he had runners on 2nd and 3rd with only 1 out, but someway was able to get out of the inning without giving up a run.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Apparently with the Reds victory, coupled with losses by the Brewers, Giants, and Phillips s, have clinched at least last an eight seed wild card playoff spot.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Gold Chain ??? Let him go he tryed to blow it blow it 🤔just glad there in 7 long years. Go Reds !!!

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Clinched!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Let’s go Reds.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Go Reds!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

With Friday's 7=2 win against the Minnesota Twins, Cincinnati became the sixth National League team to clinch a 2020 postseason berth, joining the Dodgers, Padres, Braves, Cubs and the Marlins who also clinched Friday night. It's the first time Cincinnati has made the postseason since 2013. However, things didn't look so promising as recently as September 12th. On that date, the Reds were 20-26 and a near afterthought in the standings. Since then, they've gone 10-2 to pass the Cardinals, Brewers and the Phillies. I'm very glad that they have made the postseason, I'm just a little confused how they have passed the Cardinals at this point, being that the Cardinals still have one less loss than the Reds, and still have 4 games to play. I've no doubt missed something somewhere, which is very easy for me to do.

Bdog_198807
Varsity

Post by Bdog_198807 »

mattash wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:07 am I would want the dodgers round 1. Best of 3 with them would be our best chance
This team is playing really good baseball. With a chip on there shoulder they won't be an easy out for anybody. Did you hear Joey Votto after they won the game to clinch? This team is out to prove something!!!! Respect Cincinnati!!!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mattash wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:07 am I would want the dodgers round 1. Best of 3 with them would be our best chance
That was my thoughts also, I'd rather take our chances with our top pitchers in a shortened series compared to a 5 or 7 game series. Awesome to be in though 2/3 weeks ago this team was thrown in the trash pile and left for pickup

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:08 am With Friday's 7=2 win against the Minnesota Twins, Cincinnati became the sixth National League team to clinch a 2020 postseason berth, joining the Dodgers, Padres, Braves, Cubs and the Marlins who also clinched Friday night. It's the first time Cincinnati has made the postseason since 2013. However, things didn't look so promising as recently as September 12th. On that date, the Reds were 20-26 and a near afterthought in the standings. Since then, they've gone 10-2 to pass the Cardinals, Brewers and the Phillies. I'm very glad that they have made the postseason, I'm just a little confused how they have passed the Cardinals at this point, being that the Cardinals still have one less loss than the Reds, and still have 4 games to play. I've no doubt missed something somewhere, which is very easy for me to do.

Blew past me too

But I’m glad it id and we are in !!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:48 pm Holy cow.....holy cow.

You can hear it plain as day......

Reds suspended Tom.....how long the suspension was for or when and if he returns to the booth is unclear.....
Thom Brennaman, the Cincinnati Reds announcer who was caught on a hot mic using an anti-gay slur coming out of a commercial break, has resigned from his position with the team and Fox Sports Ohio. Brennaman released a statement saying: My family and I have decided that I am going to step away from my role as the television voice of the Cincinnati Reds, I would like to thank the Reds, Reds fans and the LGBTQ Community for the incredible support and grace they have shown my family and me. To this great city, my hometown, a sincere thank you. I truly regret what I said and I'm so very sorry. No one loves this town more than me.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Minnesota Twins Luis Arraez matched career highs with four hits and three RBI's in his return to the lineup, and the Minnesota Twins clinched home field advantage in the first round of the playoffs on Saturday night with a 7-3 victory over the Cincinnati Reds.

Return to “Pro Sports”