2020 Cincinnati Reds

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: 2020 Cincinnati Reds

Post by Omega »

Geronimo wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:57 pm Can't hit again today !!!
Zero runs in 22 innings versus the Braves or any team does not work.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Atlanta Braves rookie pitcher Ian Anderson had the best game of his young career, throwing six shutout innings, striking out nine batters, and only allowing two hits. Even with the Reds and their hitting problems, they still only trailed 1-0 going to the bottom of the 8th inning. That's when the Braves put the game away by hitting two 2-run homeruns to make the lead 5-0. Being that I didn't watch the game today, I believe that everyone's favorite pitcher got roughed up somewhat in the 8th today. Oh well, back around the first of September most of us didn't think that they would even make the playoffs, so I guess there's always next year.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:22 pm Atlanta Braves rookie pitcher Ian Anderson had the best game of his young career, throwing six shutout innings, striking out nine batters, and only allowing two hits. Even with the Reds and their hitting problems, they still only trailed 1-0 going to the bottom of the 8th inning. That's when the Braves put the game away by hitting two 2-run homeruns to make the lead 5-0. Being that I didn't watch the game today, I believe that everyone's favorite pitcher got roughed up somewhat in the 8th today. Oh well, back around the first of September most of us didn't think that they would even make the playoffs, so I guess there's always next year.

Last sentence only comes from
A true Browns fan.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Gold Chain had to "P" me off again before season end. !!! Spend that money on hitting in the off season ??? :roll: :oops: back to the drawing board !!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I guess to more or less wrap up the season for our beloved Reds, ( remember there's always next year, plus I'm sure that "Gold Chain" will be much better) yesterday after the Braves eliminated our Reds from the postseason with a 5-0 win. By being shutout in both of their games, the Reds now have the honor of being shutout for 22 consecutive innings in postseason play, which is also a new record. The 1921 New York Giants had the old record of 20 consecutive innings. Joey Votto declared last week that the Reds would be a "nightmare" for any team that had to face them, no doubt he was talking about the Reds starting pitchers, most certainly not their hitting. The Reds starting pitchers did live up to their billing against Atlanta. The Reds went 13-for-77 (.169 BA ) in those 22 innings, striking out 28 times compared to 5 walks. They finished last in MLB in batting average, and 27th in runs scored this regular season. I wonder how they would have done over a 162 game normal season. With the exception of the Cardinals, who have scored quite a few runs, and will be playing San Diego in the 3rd game of their series, the rest of the NL Central teams besides the Reds, have also had their problem scoring as the Brewers only scored 2 runs in two games against the Dodgers, and the Cubs only scored 1 run in their first game. The Cubs will be playing today, and will need to win the next 2 games in the series to advance on in the postseason. As of right now the NL Central teams have a record of 1-4 up to this point.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

With this front office it's a guessing game???

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:04 pm I guess to more or less wrap up the season for our beloved Reds, ( remember there's always next year, plus I'm sure that "Gold Chain" will be much better) yesterday after the Braves eliminated our Reds from the postseason with a 5-0 win. By being shutout in both of their games, the Reds now have the honor of being shutout for 22 consecutive innings in postseason play, which is also a new record. The 1921 New York Giants had the old record of 20 consecutive innings. Joey Votto declared last week that the Reds would be a "nightmare" for any team that had to face them, no doubt he was talking about the Reds starting pitchers, most certainly not their hitting. The Reds starting pitchers did live up to their billing against Atlanta. The Reds went 13-for-77 (.169 BA ) in those 22 innings, striking out 28 times compared to 5 walks. They finished last in MLB in batting average, and 27th in runs scored this regular season. I wonder how they would have done over a 162 game normal season. With the exception of the Cardinals, who have scored quite a few runs, and will be playing San Diego in the 3rd game of their series, the rest of the NL Central teams besides the Reds, have also had their problem scoring as the Brewers only scored 2 runs in two games against the Dodgers, and the Cubs only scored 1 run in their first game. The Cubs will be playing today, and will need to win the next 2 games in the series to advance on in the postseason. As of right now the NL Central teams have a record of 1-4 up to this point.
Well, the situation for all of the NL Central teams ( Cubs, Cardinals, Brewers and the Reds ) didn't get any better this evening, as the Cardinals bowed out after being the only team to at least win a game. The NL Central was the only Division, AL or NL, to qualify 4 teams for the postseason, yet finished with a 1-6 record, with not one team advancing out of the first round of the postseason.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Geronimo wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:57 pm With this front office it's a guessing game???
Well it appears the Reds are standing pat with no major restructuring planned for the 2021 season, including returning the current coaching staff:

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/ ... MQERRBE2U/

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

They did make the playoffs. "But" ???

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Geronimo wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:57 pm With this front office it's a guessing game???
The heat is on in Reds country !!! Williams steps down as chief of baseball operations !!!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Geronimo wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:45 am
The heat is on in Reds country !!! Williams steps down as chief of baseball operations !!!

Maybe, maybe not. Apparently Williams decided in August to step down. Although new blood in the front office is needed, the article does not suggest he was pushed out. The down side is that the Williams resignation may leave the Bells firmly in charge.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 621976001/

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Bauer ??? Will he be back for the Reds next season ???

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Geronimo wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:17 pm Bauer ??? Will he be back for the Reds next season ???
I would say no way he stays.

https://sports.yahoo.com/pending-free-a ... 39257.html

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Another one who got away ??? Jose lglesias .373 avg 3 hr 24. Rbi 0 sb. .956 ops ss Baltimore???

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Trevor Bauer's agent says the pitcher is rejecting the Cincinnati Reds 18.9 million qualifying offer. The right-hander, who turns 30 in January, was given the offer on Sunday and had until November 11th to make a decision. Agent Rachel Luba, said why wait for the qualifying offer to expire to state the obvious. She added that Bauer believes the qualifying offer is a ridiculous process so let's just put it to bed.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Cincinnati Reds righthander Trevor Bauer became the first ever Reds pitcher to win the National League Cy Young Award. Bauer went 5-4 with a National League Best 1.73 ERA in 11 starts, helping the Reds reach the playoffs for the first time since 2013. The 29 year-old righthander struck out 100 in 73 innings and led the majors with two shutouts.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

WOW his pay day just went up !!!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:47 pm Cincinnati Reds righthander Trevor Bauer became the first ever Reds pitcher to win the National League Cy Young Award. Bauer went 5-4 with a National League Best 1.73 ERA in 11 starts, helping the Reds reach the playoffs for the first time since 2013. The 29 year-old righthander struck out 100 in 73 innings and led the majors with two shutouts.

It speaks volumes about the impotence of the Reds lineup if the Cy Young award winner can only win fewer than one half of his starts.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

There saying shortstop pitching is a must what about first base ???

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Cincinnati Reds and the Colorado Rockies swapped three pitchers in a four player trade Wednesday. The Rockies acquired righthander Robert Stephenson and minor league outfielder Jameson Hannah from the Reds for righthanded pitchers Jeff Hoffman and Case Williams, a minor leaguer. Stephenson, 27, made 10 relief appearances for the Reds last season and 59 in 2019. Hoffman, also 27, went 2-1 with a 9.28 ERA in a career high 16 relief appearances for the Rockies in 2020.

Return to “Pro Sports”