Los Angeles 33 D.C. 9 (XFL)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Los Angeles 33 D.C. 9 (XFL)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

We have our first major upset in the new XFL and we might have seen why Cardale Jones (Ohio State) has not been able to stick in the NFL. Jones, who played super well in week one and pretty good in week two, completely fell apart in this one. He was 13-26, 103 yards with 4 picks. He constantly missed wide opened receivers, threw the ball to empty spaces and more times than not, he looked like he had never had read a defense before. Nick Brossette
(LSU) rushed for 75 yards and 1 TD on 8 carries. Also for the Defenders, Khalid Abdullah (James Madison) had 8 carries that totaled 47 yards, while Donnel Pumphrey (San Diego State) had 8 carries and 40 yards. On the defensive side of things, Jameer Thurman (Indiana State) had 6 tackles to lead the way. Ty Rausa (Boise State) kicked a 32 yard field goal.
For the Wildcats, Josh Johnson (San Diego State) who has been on 13 different NFL teams rosters the day was his best to date in the league. He completed 18-25 passes, 278 yards and 3 TD'S. Tre McBride (William & Mary) caught 2 touchdown passes. Overall he had 5 catches and 109 yards. Martez Carter (Grambling State) had 3 catches one for a touchdown. He also had 2 rushing scores on 11 carries for 34 yards. Larry Rose (New Mexico State) also had a rushing touchdown. The ground game was missing starting running back, Elijah Hood (North Carolina) On the defensive side of the ball the Wildcats were missing both starting corners but it turned out to be a mute point as the unit had 4 picks and 3 sacks. Mike Stevens (North Carolina State) had two picks. With one each was, Jack Tocho (North Carolina State) and Arrion Springs (Oregon). Checking in with a sack apiece, Tre' Williams (Auburn), Stevens and Cedric Reed (Texas). two players had 8 tackles, Williams and Ahmad Dixon (Baylor)
I.M.O. Jones had a bad game but it won't turn into a habit. I am betting he will come out next week against Houston and have a good game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Los Angeles 33 D.C. 9 (XFL)

Post by VetteMan »

Every QB has a bad game at different times, if they are fortunate enough to be able to play. It happens to the best of them, we have kind of been spoiled in that it has not happened to Cardale up until this time. I agree with you in the fact that it could very well be the reason why he hasn't been able to stick in the NFL. Lets hope that he will bounce back, and be the Cardale of old his next game. He will always be a favorite of the Buckeye Fans, who will never ever forget what he was able to accomplish in those 3 games on the way to the National Championship Game.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:35 pm Every QB has a bad game at different times, if they are fortunate enough to be able to play. It happens to the best of them, we have kind of been spoiled in that it has not happened to Cardale up until this time. I agree with you in the fact that it could very well be the reason why he hasn't been able to stick in the NFL. Lets hope that he will bounce back, and be the Cardale of old his next game. He will always be a favorite of the Buckeye Fans, who will never ever forget what he was able to accomplish in those 3 games on the way to the National Championship Game.

Vetteman. Even though I think this go around at the XFL is much much Much better than the one we saw originally Big12gauge Is the sole reason I am following. Your spot on saying he’s a favorite of the buckeye fans

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:30 pm
VetteMan wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:35 pm Every QB has a bad game at different times, if they are fortunate enough to be able to play. It happens to the best of them, we have kind of been spoiled in that it has not happened to Cardale up until this time. I agree with you in the fact that it could very well be the reason why he hasn't been able to stick in the NFL. Lets hope that he will bounce back, and be the Cardale of old his next game. He will always be a favorite of the Buckeye Fans, who will never ever forget what he was able to accomplish in those 3 games on the way to the National Championship Game.

Vetteman. Even though I think this go around at the XFL is much much Much better than the one we saw originally Big12gauge Is the sole reason I am following. Your spot on saying he’s a favorite of the buckeye fans
Agree, it's probably been because of the 3 Ex Buckeye players that I have been interested enough in, that I have tuned in also. I hope the new league is successful, and can make a go of it. A lot of these guys will never ever have a chance to play in the NFL at anytime going forward, if they not only have the chance to play the game that they love to play, but can also make some money while doing it, I hope it's full steam ahead. I think that an awful lot of football fans in general, are kind of taking a wait and see attitude, probably thinking that this latest attempt at a new football league, will probably fail after a short amount of time, just as the other attempts have failed. Lets hope not.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:30 pm
countywide35 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:30 pm

Agree, it's probably been because of the 3 Ex Buckeye players that I have been interested enough in, that I have tuned in also. I hope the new league is successful, and can make a go of it. A lot of these guys will never ever have a chance to play in the NFL at anytime going forward, if they not only have the chance to play the game that they love to play, but can also make some money while doing it, I hope it's full steam ahead. I think that an awful lot of football fans in general, are kind of taking a wait and see attitude, probably thinking that this latest attempt at a new football league, will probably fail after a short amount of time, just as the other attempts have failed. Lets hope not.

How many games do they play ?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

10 Regular season and I believe 3 playoff, including the championship.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:59 am 10 Regular season and I believe 3 playoff, including the championship.
I think that is what I read also.

Return to “Pro Sports”