Tampa Bay 25 D.C.00 (XFL)

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Tampa Bay 25 D.C.00 (XFL)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Cardale Jones (Ohio State) looked more lost this week then he did last week. He missed wide opened guys all game long and again looked like he can't read a defense. Overall he was 9-22, 72 yards with a pick. On the other side of the coin Taylor Cornelius (Oklahoma State) was 24-31, 211 yards, 1 TD with a pick. DeVeon Smith (Michigan) led the Vapors (1-3) ground attack with 122 yards on 24 carries with a long of 14 yards. Jacques Patrick (Florida State) had 108 yards on 21 carries with a touchdown. Cornelius added 36 yards and a touchdown on 4 carries. DeAndre Goolsby (Florida) caught a touchdown pass. He had 3 total catches for 41 yards. Reggie Northrup (Florida State) and Obum Gwacham (Oregon State) both had a sack.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Tampa Bay 25 D.C.00 (XFL)

Post by VetteMan »

Really hate to see this with Cardale, he had two pretty good games to start the season, two very dismal games the last two. He needs to start playing a lot better, as a lot of the luster is beginning to wear off. Hope he is able to turn this around in the next game or so, or with the stats that he is putting up, there may be a change at QB sooner than later.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

He did the same thing at OSU. He started out like gangbusters then started stinkin the joint up the next year so bad Urbs had to go back to JT. Cardale is a classic flash in the pan. Thank god the flash was those last games of 2014. He really messed up not coming out after them 3 games. I hope he can get back on track but history isn't kind in his case.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

cbolt wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:49 am He did the same thing at OSU. He started out like gangbusters then started stinkin the joint up the next year so bad Urbs had to go back to JT. Cardale is a classic flash in the pan. Thank god the flash was those last games of 2014. He really messed up not coming out after them 3 games. I hope he can get back on track but history isn't kind in his case.
As much as I hate to agree with you, I think that you are pretty much spot on. Probably in the long run, about the only thing that would have been really different would have been the fact that if he would have came out at that point, he might have been able to sign and get a bigger contract at that particular time. Who really knows for sure ? He will always be remembered and a big fan favorite for just the fact that he was able to help the Buckeyes win those 3 games and the National Championship.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Big 12gauge is definitely riding the struggle bus!!! It definitely shows when he doesn’t play well. They loose. Hopefully he can find some rythm and get back into the flow of things. I’m still rooting for him.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Cardale has always had the physical skills to be a very good quarterback. He just never seems to have the discipline/work ethic needed to succeed or even stick in the pro game.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “Pro Sports”