NBA

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: NBA Resumes Suspended Season

Post by VetteMan »

In a surprising move, the Brooklyn Nets have hired Hall of Fame point guard Steve Nash as their new head coach. Nash signed a four-year deal. He has not been on a bench since retiring in 2014, although he served as a player development consultant with the Golden State Warriors during their dynamic run, including the 2017-2018 Championships, his first rings in any NBA capacity.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

OHHS old timer wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:49 am
cbolt wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:55 am Lol now they boycott the job( if you can call it that) giving them fat bank accounts and luxurious lifestyles. I hope they just cancel the rest of the year. Won't bother me the least. Gives me more time to watch other sports who want to play. These players think they are too important getting involved in politics and stuff they know nothing about. They are going to ruin their livelihood hood if they are not careful. Might be too late.
Copy that cbolt!!
I am with ya!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Portland Trail Blazers forward Trevor Ariza has denied abusing his 12 year old son after the Boy's mother accused him of punching him and putting him in a choke hold. A Los Angles Judge issued a restraining order separating Ariza from his son because of the allegations made by Ariza's ex-girlfriend Lana Allen. Ariza has accused Allen of making up the claims as part of a campaign to harm his relationship with his son to remove his visitation rights.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Houston Rockets posted a 112-97 game one win over the Los Angles Lakers on Saturday. Behind a 36 point game from James Hardin, and a 24 point game, 9 rebound and 6 assist game from Russell Westbrook. The Lakers size advantage, frequently playing both Anthony Davis and one of JaVar McGee and Dwight Howard, barely seemed to affect Houston, which actually won the points in the paint battle 42-20, and tied in rebounds 41-41. LeBron James finished with 20 points, 8 rebounds and 7 assists on 7 of 15 shooting. Davis scored 25 points and had 14 rebounds. We'll see how the Lakers adjust going forward, But for now, the Rockets have them on their back foot, simply by doing what has worked for them all season.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Oklahoma City Thunder head coach Billy Donavan won't return to coach the team next season. The two sides decided against pursuing an extension after his contract expired at the conclusion of this season.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

San Antonio Spurs assistant coach Becky Hammond is among several canidate's interviewing for the Indiana Pacers coaching vacancy. The job became available when the Pacers fired forth year head coach Nate McMillan, following a first-round playoff sweep to the Miami Heat. Hammond broke ground as the first female assistant head coach in the NBA, when the Spurs hired her in 2014. If hired, she would be the first women's head coach of an NBA team. She had previously interviewed for the Milwaukee Bucks head coaching opening in 2018.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Milwaukee Bucks forward Marvin Williams announced shortly after the Bucks fell in game 5 of their Eastern Conference semifinals series against the Miami Heat, that he is retiring from playing in the NBA after this season. I've been very blessed, God has been very good to me.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Houston Rockets reserve Danuel House Jr. is under investigation by the league for allegedly allowing a female Covid-19 testing official into his hotel room. His status for the remainder of the Western Conference Semifinals against the Los Angles Lakers is in question. While House maintains his innocence, a decision from the league is expected before game 4 on Thursday. Veteran center Tyson Chandler and House were ruled out of game 3 on Tuesday for "personal reasons." Opposing teams are closely monitoring how the league handles this situation. The Rockets are the lone remaining team staying at Walt Disney World's Grand Floridian Resort, which is where the team undergoes it's daily testing.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:03 pm Houston Rockets reserve Danuel House Jr. is under investigation by the league for allegedly allowing a female Covid-19 testing official into his hotel room. His status for the remainder of the Western Conference Semifinals against the Los Angles Lakers is in question. While House maintains his innocence, a decision from the league is expected before game 4 on Thursday. Veteran center Tyson Chandler and House were ruled out of game 3 on Tuesday for "personal reasons." Opposing teams are closely monitoring how the league handles this situation. The Rockets are the lone remaining team staying at Walt Disney World's Grand Floridian Resort, which is where the team undergoes it's daily testing.
Houston Rockets forward Danuel House has exited the NBA bubble after a league investigation found that he spent multiple hours with an unauthorized guest in his Disney World hotel room on Sept 8th. House will miss the rest of the Rockets postseason, with the team currently down 3-1 against the Los Angles Lakers in the Western Conference semifinals. The Rockets still have House listed as out for personal reasons. Fortunately for the Rockets, the NBA said it determined the guest had no contact with the rest of the team.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Coach Mike D'Antoni will not return to the Houston Rockets next season. D'Antoni will tell the franchise he won't be back with the team next season. He will instead become a free agent with his contract expired, and having turned down extensions throughout the season. D'Antoni, a two-time NBA coach of the year, is being considered for the Philadelphia 76ers head coaching job. There are also reports that the Indiana Pacers may be interested in hiring him.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Denver Nuggets once again erased a double-digit deficit in the second half and extended the Western Conference Semifinals series to a game 7 against the Los Angles Clippers. The Nuggets came back from 18 points down to defeat the Clippers 111-98, in game six. I would like to see the Nuggets win game 7, but if I was betting I would have to pick the Clippers.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Go Denver

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Miami Heat were able to win a thrilling first game, 117-114 in overtime over the Boston Celtics in the first game of the Eastern Conference Semi-Finals.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:00 am The Denver Nuggets once again erased a double-digit deficit in the second half and extended the Western Conference Semifinals series to a game 7 against the Los Angles Clippers. The Nuggets came back from 18 points down to defeat the Clippers 111-98, in game six. I would like to see the Nuggets win game 7, but if I was betting I would have to pick the Clippers.
This game is not quite over with yet, but I'm really happy to say that I was really wrong in my prediction as to whom was going to win. The Nuggets made another good comeback even tonight, and are winning this game going away. I don't like either Los Angles team, especially the Lakers and know it all LeBron. The final score was the Nuggets winning 104-89. They will be big underdogs against the Lakers in the Western Conference Semi-Finals, but at least they put one of the LA teams out of the tournament.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Oh boy I would rather another LA team would make it than have lebum and the lakers gloating again.. I thought the Clippers were the only ones who could beat them. Well Lebum will win another title and we'll have to hear ad nauseam how he is the greatest man ever to walk the planet. I saw on TV he was challenged to donate to the reward fund to catch the midget coward who shot them deputies in the head. Lol good luck with that he hates cops and don't even like to tip waiters.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Boston Celtics coach Brad Stevens said that the Celtics stopped playing on both ends of the court, after watching his team get outworked by the Miami Heat, and blow another double-digit second half lead. The Heat now take a 2-0 series lead with the 106-101 victory.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The NBA will announce that Giannis AntetokounmpoWow, ( Wow, What a last name ) is the 2019-2020 leagues Most Valuable Player. He apparently won over LeBron and James Hardin. I hope I'm wrong, but LeBron will probably be on a mission now, to prove that he is god all mighty, and really take it out on the Nuggets starting tonight.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

After more than a month away, Boston Celtic forward Gordon Hayward returned to the court Saturday night in the Celtics 117-106 win over the Miami Heat in game three of the Eastern Conference Finals. The Celtics now trail the Heat 2-1 games headed into game four next week.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Los Angles Lakers star LeBron James said that he was "pi---- off," to learn that he only received 16 first place votes out of 101 total votes for the 2019-2020 NBA Most Valuable Player Award, that went to Milwaukee Buck's star Giannis Antetokounmpo. It pi---- me off. That's my true answer. Sometimes I wonder if just maybe, LeBron sometime, someday might figure out that a whole lot of people, as well as a lot of his fellow NBA players don't really care what he thinks, or what he has to say ?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I didn't watch the game because I get tired of seeing LeBron cry and complain every time someone touches him. The Denver Nuggets, after making another comeback tonight, lost a heartbreaker tonight as the clock expired. The Nuggets had a 1 point lead, 103-102 with very little time on the clock, and 7 foot Anthony Davis hit a 3-pointer to give the Lakers a 105-103 win. I don't know for sure, but I would bet that he has not shot very many 3's all year, if any at all. That gives the Lakers a 2-0 series lead.

Return to “Pro Sports”