NBA

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: NBA Resumes Suspended Season

Post by VetteMan »

The Chicago Bulls announced on Tuesday that they have hired Billy Donovan as their next Head Coach. Donovan has been the head coach of the Oklahoma City Thunder, but parted ways on September 9th rather than work on a contract extension after his previous deal expired.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

An unassailable truth of the NBA bubble is the resilience of the Denver Nuggets. It was on full display once again on Tuesday night, as the Nuggets bounced back from an excruciating game 2 loss to top the Lakers 114-106 game 3 win. After three quarters, the Nuggets looked ready to cruise to victory, taking a 93-75 lead into the games final stanza. But the Lakers weren't done, switching to a 2-3 zone for much of the 4th quarter, flustering a previously pinpoint Nuggets offense, and reeling off a 19-2 run. But the Nuggets responded with a run of their own, regaining their offensive composure to control the games final minutes.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Tyler Herro is no longer unsung, and his Miami Heat are on the brink of the NBA finals. The 20-year old rookie scored 17 of his career high 37 points in the fourth quarter, to lead the Heat to a 112-109 victory, and a 3-1 series lead over the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference finals. His 37 points are the most by a 20 year-old in the playoffs, since Magic Johnson's 42 points in 1980.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Lakers have presented a case to the NBA that their star, (Cry Baby) LeBron James, is not getting nearly enough, or even his fair share of free throws, even though they are positive the hard charging forward is getting fouled plenty by the Denver Nuggets. James shot just two free throws during the game 3 defeat to the Nuggets on Tuesday night. And those two came after Denver guard Jamal Murray was called for a flagrant foul for an elbow to James jaw. He has shot a total of 10 fouls so far through the 3 games. I'm not really an NBA fan, and other than a few highlights, I have yet to watch even a third of a game in the so called bubble. I will say that over the years, in watching very little NBA basketball, I can never, ever, remember any player ever coming out and complaining about being fouled to much, and not getting to shoot his fair share of free throws. LeBron James is probably one of the best players that ever played the game, but I could do without all of his views and opinion's on anything and everything, whether he's asked or not.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Well the Los Angles Lakers beat the Denver Nuggets tonight in game 4, 114-108. I didn't watch the game, mainly because I just didn't want to. All the crying and complaining about LeBron getting fouled must have worked, as he shot 14 free throws tonight in game 4, where as he had shot 10 free throws in the first 3 games of the series. I got the score and the stats off the Net, as the Lakers now have a 3-1 series lead in a best of seven.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I didn't catch the score, but I do know that the Boston Celtics beat the Miami Heat tonight in game 5, to close the gap to a 3-2 series lead for the Heat.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Well the NBA got just what they wanted Saturday night, as the Los Angles Lakers eliminated the Denver Nuggets in game six of their best of seven series, 117-107. They are now the Western Conference Champions, and will now meet either the Boston Celtics or the Miami Heat, once that series is decided. The Heat hold a 3-2 lead in that best of seven series, I don't think that it really matters which team win's that series, as the Lakers will beat either team. That's not what I want to happen, I just think it will happen regardless of which team they face.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

His Miami Heat down six early in the fourth quarter, All-Star center Bam Adebayo flexed on the Boston Celtics, finishing with a career high 32 points in a 125-113 victory to close the Eastern Conference finals. Miami will open the NBA Finals on Wednesday against the Los Angles Lakers. Miami wing, Jimmy Butler, will make his first Finals appearance in his first season in Miami.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Doc Rivers is out as the coach of the Los Angles Clippers. The Clippers who finished second in the Western Conference this season, were eliminated in the second round of the playoffs by the third-seeded Denver Nuggets after having a three games to one lead in the best of seven series. Rivers joined the Clippers before the 2013-2014 season, and in his seven seasons helped build a team into a championship contender. If he chooses, I doubt very much that he will be unemployed for very long, on the other hand he will probably bide his time until the right job comes along.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:47 pm Doc Rivers is out as the coach of the Los Angles Clippers. The Clippers who finished second in the Western Conference this season, were eliminated in the second round of the playoffs by the third-seeded Denver Nuggets after having a three games to one lead in the best of seven series. Rivers joined the Clippers before the 2013-2014 season, and in his seven seasons helped build a team into a championship contender. If he chooses, I doubt very much that he will be unemployed for very long, on the other hand he will probably bide his time until the right job comes along.
The Los Angles Clippers shocked the NBA on Monday by parting ways with longtime head coach Doc Rivers. There's a decent chance the NBA coaching veteran won't be out of work for very long. There were already reports that the Philadelphia 76ers and the New Orleans Pelicans reached out to Rivers within an hour of the news breaking. Rivers,58, coached the Clippers for seven seasons and has been a head coach in the NBA since 1999, when he started his coaching career with the Orlando Magic. In between, he coached the Boston Celtics for 9 seasons, leading them to an NBA Championship. The Clippers were on a short list of favorites to win a NBA Title this year,instead they blew a 3-1 series lead in the Western Conference semifinals. There had been reports during and after the season of discord within the Clippers locker room. Sometimes, maybe even more often than not, it just seems as if ownership takes the easy way out, and has a mutual agreement to part ways with the coach. It's usually far and in between, that you will ever have ownership stand up to most of these entitled professional athletes.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:10 pm
VetteMan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:47 pm Doc Rivers is out as the coach of the Los Angles Clippers. The Clippers who finished second in the Western Conference this season, were eliminated in the second round of the playoffs by the third-seeded Denver Nuggets after having a three games to one lead in the best of seven series. Rivers joined the Clippers before the 2013-2014 season, and in his seven seasons helped build a team into a championship contender. If he chooses, I doubt very much that he will be unemployed for very long, on the other hand he will probably bide his time until the right job comes along.
The Los Angles Clippers shocked the NBA on Monday by parting ways with longtime head coach Doc Rivers. There's a decent chance the NBA coaching veteran won't be out of work for very long. There were already reports that the Philadelphia 76ers and the New Orleans Pelicans reached out to Rivers within an hour of the news breaking. Rivers,58, coached the Clippers for seven seasons and has been a head coach in the NBA since 1999, when he started his coaching career with the Orlando Magic. In between, he coached the Boston Celtics for 9 seasons, leading them to an NBA Championship. The Clippers were on a short list of favorites to win a NBA Title this year,instead they blew a 3-1 series lead in the Western Conference semifinals. There had been reports during and after the season of discord within the Clippers locker room. Sometimes, maybe even more often than not, it just seems as if ownership takes the easy way out, and has a mutual agreement to part ways with the coach. It's usually far and in between, that you will ever have ownership stand up to most of these entitled professional athletes.
Former Clippers coach Doc Rivers has touched down in Philadelphia, arriving in the city on Wednesday afternoon. A source said that he'll be interviewing for the Sixers head coaching job Wednesday. Rivers is considered one of the favorites for the job, but there are other teams that are interested in him as well. Tyronn Lue interviewed with the Sixers on Tuesday, and Mike D'Antoni had interviewed earlier. It very well could be that the Sixers will make a decision by the end of the week.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Los Angles Lakers, in a round about way set fire to the Miami Heat on Wednesday night. The Lakers drained 13 of their first 20 attempts from three-point range, and All-Star big man Anthony Davis dominated the rest of the court in a 116-98 blowout of the Heat.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Doc Rivers wasn't on the job market for long. Rivers just days after parting ways with the Los Angles Clippers, reached a deal to become the Philadelphia 76ers next head coach on Thursday afternoon. After a rapid courtship and negotiation, Doc Rivers has reached agreement on a deal to become the next head coach, specific terms of the contract, however are not yet known.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'll label this under the heading of: Who really cares ? The Los Angles Lakers beat a really depleted Miami Heat team tonight 124-114 to take a 2-0 series lead in the NBA finals. The Heat was missing two starters, but I really doubt that it would matter even if they were at full strength. I already read where the first game of the series was the least watched of any NBA game ever. I personally wouldn't watch it if it was the only thing on TV.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Jimmy Butler was the best player on the court opposite LeBron James and Anthony Davis, and the Miami Heat beat the Los Angles Lakers 115-104. Butler logged his first career playoff triple-double with 40 points, 13 assists and 11 rebounds. The TV ratings are so low, maybe they think an extra game or so might help. The Lakers will win when they decide that it's time for the series to be over.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Did the Miami Heat actually "will" themselves to a win against the Los Angles Lakers in Game-3 of the NBA Finals if no one saw it happen ? "NBA Finals ratings fell to a record low" during the Heats 115-104 win over the Lakers in Game 3. The overall numbers look pretty bad. Game 3 averaged a 3.1 rating and 5.94 million viewers. Those numbers made Game 3 the least watched and "lowest rated NBA Finals game on record." That continues a poor trend for the 2020 NBA Finals. Prior to Game-3, the record for the least viewed Finals broadcast came during Game-2. Before that, the record belonged to Game-1 of the 2020 NBA Finals. To me personally, if I want to watch protests, demonstrations, kneeling and every slogan known to man, I'll turn on FOX, CNN or one of the other News channels.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Los Angles Lakers defeated the Miami Heat 102-96 in Game-4 of the NBA Finals Tuesday night, to take a 3-1 series lead in the best of seven series.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Lets just crown LeBron James again and put an end to this long predictable season. The Los angles Lakers are just one win away from wrapping up yet another NBA championship, and that means the season is nearly over. And frankly, I don't think I could get any more tired of a single season unless I was actually one of those poor souls in the media that is held captive in the NBA bubble. Give the Lakers their trophy, just as we expected almost a year ago and lets move on. One more season ends up just the way we thought it would. Miami gave us a glimmer of hope for awhile that an actual team could win the league title, rather the Klutch Sports Lakers or the Billionaire Ballmer Clippers. But no, a few days from now, everyone will be worshiping again at the throne of "The King" LeBron James, a man whose legacy someday will be as much general manager as a player. He doesn't just play for a team, he constructs it. And then when it runs out of gas, he simply trades it in for a new one. As usual, all the hype is turning into "The Kings" coronation, rather than the Lakers won again. The cult of personality that is the backbone of the NBA is down right irritating at times. One of the most truthful and interesting articles that I've read for awhile.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Game 5, Miami Heat-111, Los Angles Lakers-108, Lakers now have a 3-2 Series Lead.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Los Angles Lakers decided it was time to end things in the NBA Finals, winning tonight over the Miami Heat 106-93. The Lakers controlled every facet of the game, leading by 28 points at halftime, 64-36, and even over 30 points in the second half. They ended up winning the NBA Championship by taking 4 out of 6 games in the best of seven.

Return to “Pro Sports”