NBA

cbolt
SEOP

Re: NBA Resumes Suspended Season

Post by cbolt »

I didn't watch one game! Any suspense at all was gone when the Clips were eliminated. I hope this is the lowest rated finals ever and next year even tops it! Kind of surprised the fix wasn't in and the powers that be didn't try to keep them in it until at least 7 games to maybe give them a boost from the dismal ratings. Maybe even they knew it wouldn't help any.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

cbolt wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:17 am I didn't watch one game! Any suspense at all was gone when the Clips were eliminated. I hope this is the lowest rated finals ever and next year even tops it! Kind of surprised the fix wasn't in and the powers that be didn't try to keep them in it until at least 7 games to maybe give them a boost from the dismal ratings. Maybe even they knew it wouldn't help any.
I did just as you did, I didn't watch one game. I said all along that the Lakers would end it when they decided to do so. I checked the final score and the stats last night after the game, and saw where the Lakers had a 28 point lead at the half. I still think the NBA got the result that they wanted, and expected, so now we can spend the rest of the year praising LeBron for what a great human being that he is. He no doubt is one of the best to ever play the game, I just get tired of all of his opinions on everything else.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Bronny said the only thing he wants now is respect, lol lots of luck getting that when you throw your hat into politics, not to mention throwing your home area team under the bus twice is not the way to do it. Miami was not very happy with him either the way he left them. He slept in his bed and will have to make it. Hey vetteman there was some good news to come out of this, this years finals was indeed the lowest rated ever so lebummy can hang his hat on that! :lol:

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

cbolt, I agree with everything you just said. Here's a pretty good article I just come on to. Lebron James is getting a lot of praise for what people portray as a great achievement, winning Championships and Finals MVP awards for three different NBA teams. Well, I'm here today to rain on the parade. The reality of that feat must be tempered by the fact that with those teams, he had the advantage of surrounding himself with players of his choosing, in most cases, superstars or even Hall of Famers. He didn't just play for Miami, Cleveland and the Lakers, he served as a de facto general manager. His moves to different teams were never because he was randomly traded there, but because he chose to join them for the opportunity to have a better team than the one he was previously playing for. His decision to "take his talents to South Beach" and leave Cleveland was because he could play with other superstars, D. Wade and Chris Bosh, who could take the pressure off him. He returned to his hometown team in Cleveland only when that team had been improved enough, to give him a chance to win that he didn't have the first time around. Then he went to Los Angles for the Lakers, along with Rich Paul, his lifetime friend who created the player agency Klutch Sports, which has guided clients to play alongside James. Paul (and certainly James, behind the scenes) forced the deal that sent Anthony Davis to Los Angles. He then helped Rob Pelinka bolster his reputation as the architect of the Lakers success by filling half of the roster with Klutch Sports Clients. James was constantly upgrading his situation. There has never been another NBA player with as much control over his own destiny and roster (even coaches) than James. A lot of players have been traded with no say in the matter. LeBron has "never" changed teams without it being his idea and his choice of destination. So can we just cool off a little about his great achievement of winning titles or even Finals MVP awards for three different teams. Michael Jordan won I think 6 NBA Championships, all for one team, the Chicago Bulls.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Yep I agree. The thing that separates him and Jordan in my mind is Jordan did it with one team with players coming and going and like you said didn't get to chose and pick teams and players like a kickball playground match. This is a whole different era where the star players have too much control and I don't like it. I remember the Lakers started it many years ago when they stacked a team and it didn't work out so well for them. Too bad it didn't happen to bummy. Oh and we can't forgot how he just left those teams hanging with no notice at all he was leaving. He really pooped on the Cavs that first time he left leaving them with with no options of replacing him because it was too late to get anybody. If it wasn't for that I might not be so hard on him. Now that I think about it the NBA has always been lopsided with dominant teams. Parity is unheard of in this league. You can pick two or maybe three teams every year and be right.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

cbolt wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:12 pm Yep I agree. The thing that separates him and Jordan in my mind is Jordan did it with one team with players coming and going and like you said didn't get to chose and pick teams and players like a kickball playground match. This is a whole different era where the star players have too much control and I don't like it. I remember the Lakers started it many years ago when they stacked a team and it didn't work out so well for them. Too bad it didn't happen to bummy. Oh and we can't forgot how he just left those teams hanging with no notice at all he was leaving. He really pooped on the Cavs that first time he left leaving them with with no options of replacing him because it was too late to get anybody. If it wasn't for that I might not be so hard on him. Now that I think about it the NBA has always been lopsided with dominant teams. Parity is unheard of in this league. You can pick two or maybe three teams every year and be right.
I totally agree with everything you just said. He did the same thing with the Cavaliers as far as trying to bring in certain players that he wanted, he talked Kevin Love into signing with the Cavaliers. When he up and left them the second time, that was enough for me. This next post that I'm going to do, LeBron is the one that approved him in becoming the Cavaliers head coach. He really needs the name "General Manager" in front of his name.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Los Angles Clippers think they found the coach who will lead them to a championship. The team has agreed to a five-year contract with former Cleveland Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue. He was one of the Clippers assistant coaches under Doc Rivers last season, therefore he should be plenty familiar with the team. Lue reportedly had the backing of a number of the Clippers players. Chauncey Billups will reportedly be part of Lue's staff in Los Angles.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

After a lengthy search, the New Orleans Pelicans have found their new head coach. On Wednesday there are reports that the franchise has agreed to a four-year contract with Stan Van Gundy. The Pelicans were apparently sold on his abilities as a teacher with young players, and his history of building top defensive teams. They were also impressed with his vision for the roster in-place.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The NBA Draft is officially set. The Draft, which has already been delayed due to Covid-19 pandemic, will now be held virtually on November 18th. ESPN will broadcast the draft live that night, and both commissioner Adam Silver and deputy commissioner Mark Tatum will be in ESPN's studio to announce the picks. Top players are also expected to join the draft virtually.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Toronto Raptors guard Terence Davis was arrested Tuesday night and charged with third degree assault and criminal mischief after allegedly hitting a woman. The woman, who is identified as Davis's girlfriend by the NYPD, went to visit Davis, the two got into a verbal altercation and Davis allegedly hit the woman in the face. Davis then supposedly grabbed and broke the woman's phone according to the police. The Raptors are reportedly aware of Davis's arrest, and are currently seeking more information on the situation.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Houston Rockets are hiring Dallas Maverick's assistant coach Stephen Silas as their new head coach. Silas will be replacing Mike D'Antoni, who stepped down in September after four seasons as the Rockets head coach. Silas, 47, has spent 20 seasons on the NBA sidelines as an assistant or associate head coach. He got his NBA coaching start in 2000 as a Charlotte Hornets assistant alongside his father and veteran NBA coach Paul Silas. He has since coached for the Cavaliers, Warriors and returned to the Hornets before spending the last two seasons as an assistant for Rick Carlisle in Dallas. This will be his first head coaching job in the NBA.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Tommy Heinsohn, the legendary Boston Celtics player, coach, and commentator, has passed away at the age of 86. Heinsohn wasn't just a Celtics legend, he was an icon who played a part in every single one of the teams 17 NBA Titles. He was an enthusiastic, irrepressible, passionate basketball lifer who was inducted into the Hall of Fame both as a player and a coach, something only three other people have ever accomplished.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:30 pm The NBA Draft is officially set. The Draft, which has already been delayed due to Covid-19 pandemic, will now be held virtually on November 18th. ESPN will broadcast the draft live that night, and both commissioner Adam Silver and deputy commissioner Mark Tatum will be in ESPN's studio to announce the picks. Top players are also expected to join the draft virtually.
Five months after it's originally scheduled date, following a second delay due to the coronavirus pandemic, at long last the 2020 NBA Draft is close to being here. The NBA Draft will be Wednesday, November 18th, at 7pm, on ESPN. The Draft order is as follows: (1) Minnesota Timberwolves, (2) Golden State Warriors, (3) Charlotte Hornets, (4) Chicago Bulls, (5) Cleveland Cavaliers, (6) Atlanta Hawks, (7) Detroit Pistons, (8) New York Knicks, (9) Washington Wizards, (10) Phoenix Suns, (11) San Antonio Spurs, (12) Sacramento Kings, (13) New Orleans Pelicans, (14) Boston Celtics (from Memphis), (15) Orlando Magic, (16) Portland Trail Blazers, (17) Minnesota Timberwolves ( from Brooklyn via Atlanta) (18) Dallas Mavericks, (19) Brooklyn Nets (from Philadelphia via L.A. Clippers) (20) Miami Heat, (21) Philadelphia 76ers (from Oklahoma City), (22) Denver Nuggets (from Houston) (23) Utah Jazz, (24) Milwaukee Bucks (from Indiana), (25) Oklahoma City Thunder (from Denver), (26) Boston Celtics, (27) New York Knicks (from L.A. Clippers), (28) Los Angles Lakers, (29) Toronto Raptors, (30) Boston Celtics (from Milwaukee Bucks via Phoenix Suns.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Golden State will be at the top next season !!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Though it feels like just yesterday that the Bubble NBA season wrapped up, the NBA Draft is set to take place tonight ( November 18th ) at 7PM on ESPN. The NBA season itself is scheduled to start on December 22nd.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Cleveland Cavaliers looking to replace Tristan Thompson have acquired center JaVale McGee and a future draft pick from the Los Angles Lakers for forwards Alfonzo McKinnie and Jordan Bell. The Cavaliers will get a second rd. pick in 2026 from the Lakers. Thompson, who played nine seasons with the Cavaliers and helped them win a Championship in 2016, agreed to a two-year free-agent contract with the Boston Celtics.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Indianapolis may have missed out on it's opportunity to host the 2021 NBA All Star weekend this season, but the league has already finalized plans to return to the City. The NBA officially called off the All-Star game and other festivities during the annual weekend this season due to Covid-19 pandemic, something it was long expected to do. So, to make it up to the City, the NBA has granted Indianapolis the 2024 All-Star game, which will mark the first time the game has gone to the City since 1985. 2024 is the next available date on the league's All-Star calendar. Cleveland is set to host in 2022, and Salt Lake City will play host in 2023.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Cleveland Cavaliers acquired another second-round draft pick Friday, this one in 2027 fro0m the Utah Jazz, who also sent shooting guard Rayjon Tucker to the Cavs in exchange for cash consideration. It's the third second-round selection added by the Cavs this offseason. They previously picked up second-round picks from Milwaukee (2025) and the Los Angles Lakers (2026) in separate deals.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Coach Doc Rivers may be with the Philadelphia 76ers now, but he's still the same Doc. He's still giving honest answers to difficult questions. With the new NBA season starting on December 22nd, and Covid-19 cases spiking all over the country, Rivers was asked what his concerns are about playing the season without the benefit of a bubble. He didn't sugarcoat it, saying that he's very concerned if the NBA will be able to pull this off.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LeBron James and the Los Angles Lakers have reached an agreement on a two-year, 85 million dollar contract extension through the 2022-23 season. I'm pretty sure that if we read the fine print, that somewhere in that contract extension it will also spell out his unofficial title of assistant general manager as well.

Return to “Pro Sports”