NBA

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: NBA Resumes Suspended Season

Post by VetteMan »

cbolt, this must be the player you watched yesterday. In the end Luka Doncic had the game right where he wanted it and where coach Rick Carlisle prayed it could be after nearly 53 minutes, Doncic's hands. The first chapter in the book of Luka Legend was written on a Sunday afternoon, when Doncic capped off an all-time playoff performance with an overtime buzzer beating triple to tie the Mavericks first round series with the Los Angles Clippers at two games apiece. Doncic took the shot that defense's want him to take at this time in his short NBA career, a leaning step-back three. Even more than putting a scare into the favored Clippers, Doncic has put the NBA on notice, Doncic's historic performance put him in a room entered only by Oscar Robertson and Charles Barkley, at least 40 points, 15 rebounds and 10 assists in a playoff game, with a jaw dropping 43 points, 17 rebounds, 13 assists showing, all the while being a game time decision on a sprained ankle he sustained in game 3. Coach Carlisle said, he understands the game very well. He's not Larry Bird, a lazy comparison for obvious reasons. You see a little LeBron James in Doncic. He is a one man pressure cooker, a player who administers the beating as well as take one. His mere presence makes you feel like you have a chance to win a game, a series, a championship. There are only a few players with that one name distinction in today's NBA, and Doncic appears to be one of them. Doncic's vet-like savvy kept the Mavericks from panicking when faced with an early 20 point deficit. You can't rattle him, and at 220 pounds, you're not beating him up like the average 21 year old. He's picking up the NBA game quicker, having been a professional long before coming to the NBA. So while his performances are compared to the incomparable, it's best to put Doncic in a category of his own. As he proved Sunday, he's different, and that's a scary thought.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

He's a shooter!!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Philadelphia 76ers have fired Head Coach Brett Brown on Monday afternoon, ending his seven year tenure with the organization. The move came just one day after the team was swept by the Boston Celtics and eliminated from playoff contention at Walt Disney World in Florida.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Shaquille O'Neal isn't going anywhere. Turner Sports announced a multi-year extension with O'Neal on Monday. As part of the deal, O'Neal will continue to be a part of TNT's "Inside the NBA". O'Neal, 48yr old, will also contribute to Bleacher Report, CNN, NBA TV and NBA.Com as part of the deal.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

The Doncic train came crashing back to earth tonight! I guess he is human after all. Paul George finally came out of his slumber which spelled dome for the Mavs. Looks like it will be up to the Clippers to take out the hated Lakers.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

cbolt wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:01 am The Doncic train came crashing back to earth tonight! I guess he is human after all. Paul George finally came out of his slumber which spelled dome for the Mavs. Looks like it will be up to the Clippers to take out the hated Lakers.
Sorry to hear that, I'm not a Lakers or a Clippers fan.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Milwaukee Bucks did not take the floor for their NBA playoff game against the Orlando Magic on Wednesday afternoon, in an apparent protest over the police shooting of Jacob Blake in Wisconsin. When the clock struck 4:10 PM. for the Bucks to tip off against the Magic, the team was still in the locker room.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

There will be no NBA playoff basketball Wednesday. The NBA and the NBPA today announced that in light of the Milwaukee Bucks decision to not take the floor today against the Orlando Magic, todays three games have been postponed.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The bubble didn't work out the way that the Sacramento Kings had hoped. A 3-5 showing meant another early exit and another year without a playoff appearance. Who was to blame for the meltdown in Orlando ? GM Vade Divac was the one to pay the ultimate price for the poor showing. Head coach Luke Walton has taken heat as well, but for now, he appears safe as the team looks for a new executive to run the franchise.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Lol now they boycott the job( if you can call it that) giving them fat bank accounts and luxurious lifestyles. I hope they just cancel the rest of the year. Won't bother me the least. Gives me more time to watch other sports who want to play. These players think they are too important getting involved in politics and stuff they know nothing about. They are going to ruin their livelihood hood if they are not careful. Might be too late.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

cbolt wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:55 am Lol now they boycott the job( if you can call it that) giving them fat bank accounts and luxurious lifestyles. I hope they just cancel the rest of the year. Won't bother me the least. Gives me more time to watch other sports who want to play. These players think they are too important getting involved in politics and stuff they know nothing about. They are going to ruin their livelihood hood if they are not careful. Might be too late.
Copy that cbolt!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Adam Abdul-Jabbar, the son of NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has been charged on multiple felony counts after allegedly stabbing his neighbor in June, authorities confirmed on Tuesday evening. The reported charges are three felony counts of assault with a deadly weapon, one felony count of carrying a dirk or dagger, and three enhancements of inflicting great bodily injury. If convicted on all counts, he could face up to 9 years and 8 months in prison. The alleged victim, a 60 year old neighbor, has also filed a civil suit against the 28 year old Abdul-Jabbar, claiming he nearly died from blood loss in the attack. Abdul-Jabbar is reportedly set to be arraigned in court in September.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The NBA players have voted to resume the playoffs in a meeting Thursday morning after walking out on Wednesdays slate of games. I wonder if Money had anything to do with deciding to resume playing ? I can now have my lunch, now that I know that they are going to play again.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Lol that didn't last long! Someone must have told them how low their ratings were getting and figured they better get back to the grind. Also bronny probably didn't want to lose out on winning another padded championship. If his team were out of it he would be screaming in the name of racism to cancel the season. Lol. TNT should fire jett smith for his actions the other night but that will never happen or there would be more riots.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

What did this accomplish? Quit going to a knee, quit raising a fist and actually do something! Talk is cheap!

On the incident, yes 7 shots is a little much but the guy had a weapon was going into his car to get something else along with being told numerous times to stop. He resisted arrest. Maybe we need to teach people respect authority and quit resisting! These incidents would go down dramatically!

NBA is a JOKE!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

After a two-day boycott spearheaded by the leagues players in response to the shooting of Jacob Blake by police in Kenosha, Wisconsin, the NBA postseason will resume on Saturday, the league announced on Friday. Coupled with the return of postseason play will be an increased effort on the leagues behalf moving forward to work with the players to expand voting access and to amplify other social justice efforts. I really enjoy college basketball, but I have yet to watch a complete NBA playoff game, as it seems as if the officials favor some teams and players over others.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Cliff Robinson, 18 year old NBA veteran and legendary U Conn player has passed away at the age of 53. The cause of death has not yet been released. Robinson suffered a brain hemorrhage in 2017, which in turn caused him to have a stroke. In 2018 he also had a tumor removed from his jaw.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Dallas Mavericks announced on Friday that Kristaps Porzingis suffered a meniscus tear in his right knee, and will not be available for the remainder of the teams first round playoff series against the Los Angles Clippers. Porzingis missed games 4 and 5 of the series with what was then described as knee soreness. The series resumes on Sunday with game 6, as the Clippers can advance to the conference semifinals with a win.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Marcus Morris got ejected in the first quarter for a flagrant foul on Mavericks star Luca Doncic. As Doncic drove to the lane, Morris smacked Doncic and clearing wasn't going for the ball. The foul wasn't the first time Morris had a run-in with Doncic in the series. Morris stepped on Doncic ankle in game five, even though he denied doing it on purpose. Morris is a goon and a cheap shot artist, that's the only reason he's on the roster. The NBA never does anything about it, that's what makes it so frustrating to watch. The NBA already know who they want in the finals, that's why I can't stand to watch the Lakers..

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Villanova head coach Jay Wright said that he does not have any interest in the Philadelphia 76ers head coaching position. As a lifetime 76ers fan, I have confidence that they will bring in the right coach to build on what coach Brett Brown had developed. Wright said he felt the need to address speculation surrounding the fact that his name had came up in rumors since the teams recent dismissal of coach Brett Brown.

Return to “Pro Sports”