NFL Free Agency

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: NFL Free Agency

Post by VetteMan »

Denver Broncos pass rusher Von Miller suffered a significant lower leg injury ( Ankle ) on Tuesday that is feared to possibly be season ending. One witness described it as a "freak" injury to his ankle suffered late in practice. I think that I heard that after an MRI, that he may be scheduled for surgery in a few day's.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Los Angles Rams are making Jalen Ramsey the highest paid cornerback in the NFL league history, with a five year 105 million contract extension. Ramsey will become the first defensive back in NFL history to sign a deal worth over 100 million, and his 71.2 million at signing is the largest guarantee to a defensive back.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Denver Broncos are scrambling for a replacement for Von Miller, and at least one of their options has told them "No Thanks." Apparently linebacker Clay Matthews sent word to the Broncos that he was not going to play. The Rams released the 11 year veteran in March, and he filed a grievance against them for unpaid money in April. He had 2 million worth of guaranteed roster bonuses coming his way, but there were offsets attached. The Rams could end up trying to use his lack of taking a job against him in the grievance process, since it would have dropped the amount that they would be on the hook for.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Linebacker Jamie Collins was signed as a free agent by the Detroit Lions, and was expected to make a big impact on the Lions defense. I'm pretty sure that he is a seven year veteran, and had played for the Lions head coach, while he was an assistant coach with the New England Patriots. I'm pretty sure this was not the beginning that he was looking for in his first game with the Lions. While playing against the Chicago Bears in their opening game Sunday, for what ever reason early in the second quarter of a 3-3 tie game, he lowered his head and made contact with an official, who immediately threw an unsportsmanlike contact flag and ejected Collins. It wasn't a violent or malicious incident, but it was clearly illegal contact with an official. Maybe if he had drew blood or tackled him and drove him into the turf, maybe then it would be considered violent or malicious ?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Larry Wilson, the Arizona Cardinals Hall of Fame safety and team executive for more than three decades, passed away Thursday night at the age of 82. Wilson played 13 NFL seasons for the Cardinals organization and was named the NFL defensive player of the year in 1966.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

News broke during Monday nights game that the NFL had handed out more than 1 million dollars in fines to three coaches and their teams for mask violations on Sunday. Denver Broncos coach Vic Fangio, Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll and San Francisco 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan and their teams were all fined on Monday. Apparently, nobody passed that information to Gruden and Payton during the game. The NFL has levied $700,000 in fines after Jon Gruden and Sean Payton failed to wear masks properly during Monday night's game, between the Las Vegas Raiders and the New Orleans Saints. Each heads coach will be docked $100,000, while their respective teams will be fined $250,000 each. Both coaches were seen repeatedly violating the leagues Covid-19 policy, mandating that coaches wear a face covering on the sideline during games. Gruden's mask was regularly hanging around his chin, while Payton declined to wear one at all for much of the game.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Gale Sayers one of the best backs I ever seen passed away age 77 ,played for Bears was the youngest player to make the Hall of fame.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:56 pm Do you remember back in February 2019, when Patriots owner Robert Craft was charged with two counts of soliciting prostitution at a Spa in Florida? Well eighteen months later, a Florida appeals court has ruled the video evidence of Kraft and other suspects inadmissible under the forth amendment. I bet that some of his expensive legal team were some of those "sharpies," that ruled on that popular "hanging chads" situation in Florida a few years ago.
New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft won't be facing trial on charges that he paid for sex on consecution days at a Jupitor, Florida, massage parlor. Apparently prosecutors are dropping the charges against Kraft. Is anyone really surprised as to how this turned out ? $$$

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Monday Night Football game between the New England Patriots and the Denver Broncos has been postponed after another Patriots player tested positive for Covid-19 on Sunday morning. The NFL is shutting down the Patriots facility this morning, marking the third shutdown there in 10 days. The Patriots are testing this morning and are awaiting further direction from the NFL.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I guess this is about the same as being a free agent, as he will be after today. The New York Jets have released running back Le'Veon Bell. The jets announced the news in a statement from general manager Joe Douglas, amid reports that the team was looking to trade Bell. Bell just returned from injured reserve on Sunday to see 14 touches for 67 yards in a 30-10 loss to the Arizona Cardinals. Bell didn't speak with the media after the game, but instead liked multiple social media posts critical of his limited role in the Jets offense. Head coach Adam Gase wasn't pleased with Bell's method of communication. When Bell was with the Steelers, he was one of the best running backs in the NFL. I don't mean to make light of this, but I think that both he and Antonio Brown were two of the best athletes at their position in the NFL, but just all of a sudden they both become nothing but problems for the Steelers. If they couldn't play for the Steelers and be content, why would anyone think that they would be happy playing else where ? The New York Jets are having a terrible year, yet I give them credit for actually eating his contract and releasing him, which is probably what he was wanting anyway. I'm pretty sure that you won't see Mike Brown and the Bengals eating a contract, and releasing anyone during the season regardless of the circumstances.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Jets headcoach "Clueless" never wanted Bell and thought he was overpaid. So he never used Bell much. Then the poor Jets offensive line. Not sure exactly what happened but Clueless left the Dolphins in a mess and has the Jets in a mess now. At least Bell has done more than Clueless has for the Jets.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The NFL has announced a 'reimagined" Pro Bowl this season, which means the game itself has been cancelled. The NFL tried to add a lot of words in it's announcement to soften the real news. A lot of things are going by the wayside during the Covid-19 outbreak, and the Pro Bowl is one of them. I guess that indicates that the game, which has been criticized from all angles over the past few years, isn't going away permanently yet. I haven't watched it in such a long time, to be truthful I thought it had been discontinued years ago.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Kansas City Chiefs have signed free agent Le'Veon Bell on Thursday. Bell will team up with rookie first round pick Clyde Edwards-Helaire to serve as the counterbalance to an explosive passing offense led by reigning Super Bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes. Bell, 28, Played only 17 games with the New York Jets before they released him Tuesday.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The NFL is giving oft-suspended wide receiver Josh Gordon another chance. The league is reinstating Gordon after the receiver was suspended for the fifth time in his career. The NFL confirmed the news, saying Gordon will be able to return to action for the final two week's of the regular season. What a sad situation, probably had the talent to be one of the best wide receivers in the NFL.

Return to “Pro Sports”