Nothing for the Bengals so far.

Browns going heavy

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: NFL Free Agency

Post by VetteMan »

With the impending drafting of Joe Burrow, I'm just a little surprised that the Bengals have not addressed the situation with Andy Dalton as yet. Of course maybe I should realize that I am talking about the Bengals.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

It's been reported by sources that Ex Buckeye Eli Apple will be signing a contract to play for the Las Vegas Raiders, whereas Ex Buckeye Michael Jenkins will be leaving the Philadelphia Eagles, and will be returning to play for the New Orleans Saints. I'm pretty sure that at least a couple other Ex Buckeyes will also be leaving there present team, and signing with another team pretty soon.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Another Ex Buckeye, Nate Ebner will be leaving the New England Patriots after 8 seasons, to join the New York Giants. Ebner has been a do everything Special Teams player for the Patriots, just as he was with the Buckeyes.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just saw where the Denver Broncos just signed a 2 year contract with tight end Nick Vannett, a former tight end for the Buckeyes a few years ago. Also just a few years ago the Broncos had drafted tight end Jeff Heuerman from the Buckeyes, who is still presently on there roster.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just read where the Bengals have signed ex Buckeye Vonn Bell to a three year contract. Bell has spent 4 years with the Saints after being drafted in 2016. He has played Safety for the Saints, and should help shore up that secondary for Cincinnati. With Bell joining the Bengals, they now will have more Buckeyes on there roster than any other NFL team. He will now join Sam Hubbard, Michael Jordan, Billy Price, and Isaiah Price who are all presently on the roster. That makes 5 ex Buckeyes, with 1 more very important one coming up in a couple months. I don't think that I have to say his name, I'm pretty sure that everyone knows this ex Buckeye.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:39 pm It's been reported by sources that Ex Buckeye Eli Apple will be signing a contract to play for the Las Vegas Raiders, whereas Ex Buckeye Michael Jenkins will be leaving the Philadelphia Eagles, and will be returning to play for the New Orleans Saints. I'm pretty sure that at least a couple other Ex Buckeyes will also be leaving there present team, and signing with another team pretty soon.
Well I guess the free agent contract that Ex Buckeye Eli Apple was to have signed with the Las Vegas Raiders is no longer on the table. He had agreed to sign a 1 year contract for 6 million dollars, from the reports that came out was that it wasn't a money problem that stymied the deal, but may have had something to do with a physical. Oh well, he's now still a free agent and hopefully will be able to find another team that will be interested, providing if he is physically okay to play.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:03 pm With the impending drafting of Joe Burrow, I'm just a little surprised that the Bengals have not addressed the situation with Andy Dalton as yet. Of course maybe I should realize that I am talking about the Bengals.
They'll play out the string on Andy Dalton. They'll wait to the last minute (e.g. August) in order to balloon his value as a possible "bridge" QB or replacement QB for a team that will inevitably need one. Someone is going to need a QB in August.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:53 am
VetteMan wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:03 pm With the impending drafting of Joe Burrow, I'm just a little surprised that the Bengals have not addressed the situation with Andy Dalton as yet. Of course maybe I should realize that I am talking about the Bengals.
They'll play out the string on Andy Dalton. They'll wait to the last minute (e.g. August) in order to balloon his value as a possible "bridge" QB or replacement QB for a team that will inevitably need one. Someone is going to need a QB in August.
You probably hit the nail right on the head, as some team for whatever reason at that point of the year, will be in need of a QB, and as a result the Bengals will be in a better bargaining position at that time.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Must have been the best offer that Dalton could come up with, because he would most certainly know that unless Prescott is injured, that he will be holding the clipboard most of the year. Being that he is from Texas also might have played into the situation.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I know this might sound crazy, but if he gets a shot he might take over the Cowboys. Prescott has struggled at times with the boys and Dalton's regular seasons have been pretty good for the most part until his line or other key injuries cropped up. Now if they make the playoffs he might not be their go to guy, lol.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I probably should start a new or different Topic on this post, but since one of these guys had talked about possibly becoming a Free Agent at some point down the road, I'll just wing it here. I don't care how good of a player you are, if you are on an NFL roster, you have to be making a pretty good amount of money. These two clowns, DeAndre Baker of the New York Giants, and Quinton Dunbar of the Seatle Seahawks. while at a cookout party in Florida on May 13th, decided to commit a robbery by brandishing a gun and robbing the people of not only there money, but also there jewelry and watches and what ever else they could get. There was another guy with them, and as of right now there is an arrest warrant out for all 3 of them. I think the money and valuables all came to around 7000 dollars. They both are defensive backs in the NFL, or I probably should say "were" in the NFL. In college Baker played 4 years at University of Georgia, while Dunbar played at U. of Florida from 2011 to 2014. I'm sure that if there is any way that someone can blame Urban Meyer for Dunbar, they will do so. Dumb does not even describe these 2 guys.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just reported today that Ex Buckeye running back Carlos Hyde has signed a 1 year contract with the Seattle Seahawks. Hyde last year played with the Houston Texans and had a very productive year running the ball. Regardless of witch team that Hyde has played for in the NFL, he has always been a very dependable running back, not only running the ball, but a very good receiver out of the backfield as well as an excellent blocker.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

It looks as if former Buckeye Eli Apple has agreed to a 1 year free agent contract with the Carolina Panthers. A few weeks ago he had signed a contract with the Las Vegas Raiders, but for whatever reason that deal fell through. At the time it was reported that it had something to do with his being able to pass a physical, but apparently that was not a problem with him being able to reach a deal with the Panthers. From what I remember he was a pretty high draft pick by the New York Giants after playing for the Buckeyes.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just saw where the New England Patriots have signed QB Cam Newton to a reported 1 year 7.5 million dollar contract. Injuries have certainly been a factor for Newton the past couple seasons, but if he is physically okay, it could very well be a very good signing for the Patriots. It could also be just the spark that the organization needs, after the kind of messy breakup with Tom Brady. The Patriots have always had a lot of success in resurrecting some NFL players careers.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Not a free agent, but just read where the Kansas City Chiefs have sighed QB Patrick Mahomes, to the largest NFL contract ever. They have reached agreement on a 10 year contract extension, which will be worth an NFL record 477 million dollars, of which 63 million is fully guaranteed at signing. Mahome's injury guarantee is 141 million, with roster bonuses due each March. I'm sure that roster bonus which is due each March, is probably what held this deal from being completed earlier. Lol

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

After being smart enough to draft Joe Burrow with the 1st pick in the NFL draft, the Bengals have announced agreements with a total of 8 free agents. We were aggressive in free agency and added key players who will immediately help our team get better, said Bengals Head coach Zac Taylor. The 8 signings were CB- Mackensie Alexander ( Clemson ) a 2nd Rd pick by the Vikings, S-Vonn Bell ( Ohio State ) a 2nd Rd pick by the Saints, LB-Josh Bynes ( Auburn ) a free agent by the Ravens, DT- D.J. Reader ( Clemson ) a 5th Rd pick by the Texans, CB-LeShaun Sims ( Southern Utah ) a 5th Rd pick by the Titans, G- Xavier Su'a Filo ( UCLA ) a 2nd Rd pick by the Texans, WR- Mike Thomas ( Southern Mississippi ) a 6th Rd pick by the Rams, and CB- Trae Waynes ( Michigan State ) a 1st Rd pick by the Vikings. Hopefully we are going to see an improved team this year with the Bengals, providing there is a season.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

QB wise about two years. !

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Geronimo wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:34 am QB wise about two years. !
You are probably pretty much right on, the Bengals most certainly need to surround him with a lot better offensive line than what we have seen in the past couple years.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

You got to have that O-line ! Plus I just think there throwing him in fire there ! Don't forget LSU had a lot of good players around him ! Wish him the best ,that's why it will take 2 years maybe 1 ?

Return to “Pro Sports”