Joe Burrows - #1 to the Bengals!!!!!!

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Joe Burrows - #1 to the Bengals!!!!!!

Post by Howard Cosell »

Yes! Heisman and #1 pick. How long till he wins the Super Bowl?

GO JOE BURROWS! :D

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Howard Cosell
All Conference

Re: Joe Burrows - #1 to the Bengals!!!!!!

Post by Howard Cosell »

Congrats to Mr Burrows

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

JMO Burrows will be a good NFL player in about 2 years .

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Joe Burrow has followed through on the first throw with the Hunger Fund. The 32 seconds that rocked a region late last year has turned into what Bengal rookie quarterback Joe Burrow hopes is an endless string of years that keeps giving, when on Thursday Burrow unveiled the "Joe Burrow Hunger Relief Fund at the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio." Burrow who grew up about 150 minutes from Paul Brown Stadium straight down Ohio route 32 amid the economic challenges of Athens Ohio, delivered a clarion call to help defeat hunger and poverty during last December's emotional Heisman Trophy acceptance speech. Those words inspired Will Drabold the next morning to post a Facebook fundraiser for the "Athens County Food Pantry in Burrow's honor, a total of $650,000 later, a legend was born.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Mike Potts, The Bengals college scouting director would usually leave a Sat. night game in the 2nd half to catch a plane to the next campus, but since this was LSU at Alabama with maybe as many as 5 1st rounders on the field, he decided to stay until the end. Not only that, but Burrow's, LSU's always automatic QB was finishing up another clinic, a 393 yarder, while only missing on 8 passes to lead LSU to a 46-41 victory.He was the #1 overall pick in my mind before I knew that we had the #1 pick. In my opinion, he took the game over, the poise and the composure on the sidelines between series, and on the field between plays in the huddle, and during the plays are among the best that I've ever seen at that position. You could feel his presence, I think from that point on he was at the top of our draft, and in my opinion it was going to take something crazy to change our mind.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Of course we all know that Joe Burrow was not only the Cincinnati Bengals #1 pick in the 2020 NFL draft, but was also the #1 pick in the entire NFL draft. Today the Bengals signed 4 more of their 7 total draft picks. They signed LB-Logan Wilson, a 3rd Rd pick out of University of Wyoming, LB- Akeen Davis-Gaither, a 4th Rd pick out of Appalachian State University, OT-G-Hakeen Adeniji, a 6th Rd pick out of University of Kansas, and LB-Marus Bailey, a 7th Rd pick out of Purdue. I know that they drafted a wide receiver out of Clemson either late in the 1st Rd or in the 2nd Rd, I'll have to check to see if he hasn't signed yet.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The player that I was thinking about was WR-Tee Higgins, a 2nd Rd pick and the 33rd overall pick out of Clemson. Higgins could supplant John Ross in the starting lineup. Higgins isn't the speedster like Ross is, but he's very explosive after the catch. The Clemson product could very well start the season as the 4th receiver. I bet it will be interesting to see Burrow and Higgins sit down and discuss the National Championship Game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

After 4 of their 7 draft picks signed their contracts today, that left 3 that have not yet signed on the dotted line. QB-Joe Burrow, WR- Tee Higgins, and DL-Khalid Kareem, have still not signed their contracts. The deals would have been completed a long time ago, but Cincinnati did not officially sign anyone until the players passed a physical at their facilities. That couldn't happen over the past few months because of the NFL's effort to prevent the spread of Covid-19. As soon as the 3 pass their physical and are tested for Covid-19, the next step should be to take care of the contracts.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Coming off of a 2-14 season, the Bengals had to make some real changes this off-season. They made some interesting moves in free agency, but the real change came during the 2020 NFL draft. With the first overall pick in the draft, they selected Joe Burrow who they are hopeful of being their franchise QB for the next few years. Burrow is not only coming off of one of the best college football seasons of all-time, and undoubtedly has tremendous upside at the next level. Adding Burrow to the mix could change everything for the Bengals. Now, the Bengals need to do everything that they can to help Burrow reach his ceiling. When you look at their offensive skill position players, the Bengals are actually in pretty good shape. Burrow immediately walks into a situation with plenty of offensive firepower. That being said, their offensive line certainly needs some help. 2019 1st Rd pick, Jonah Williams returning from injury will help, but the overall unit undoubtedly needs a ton of help.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

How long do you think it will take for Joe Burrow to become acclimated to the NFL? The only time that the Bengals coaching staff has spent any in-person time with Burrow was during their 15-minute session at the NFL combine in Feb. By all accounts, Burrow has been impressive during Cincinnati's Virtual Workouts. He has a solid grasp of Coach Zac Taylor's offensive approach and has started to establish a sense of leadership among his teammates. Those are very encouraging signs from the reigning Heisman Trophy winner. Being a rookie in the NFL is already tough enough. It could take a full year for Burrow to find his footing as he learns how to become an NFL franchise Quarterback Back.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

AJ Green is all smiles heading into the 2020 NFL season, and one of his large reasons for his elation is Joe Burrow. Green is all-in on his new quarterback. A lot of people may not want their QB to be that fired up, but I feel like he;s going to bring to us the same energy that he brought to LSU. I know the type of player that he is, he has a lot of dog in him. I'm excited to play with him and I can't wait to get back out there. I'm hearing that he is a very smart guy, and I feel like he can handle all this. He's played at the highest level so for him, he just needs to go out there and play his game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

CBS Sports NFL analyst Pete Prisco believes that Bengals rookie QB Joe Burrow, the #1 over-all draft pick in this past 2020 NFL draft, will be a Star quarterback in the league, and expects Burrow to have Cincinnati contending for an AFC North Title in a year. The Bengals still need to get a little more talent around him, especially on the offensive line, But I'm hopeful of that exact thing happening sooner rather than later.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Joe Burrow is still unsigned, but from all indication's it's only a matter of time. Of the 4 other rookie draft picks that this past week inked their rookie contracts, linebacker Logan Wilson knows that on Tues. he received both an NFL contract and a Covid-19 test, other than that Wilson is one of those 5 new projected 3rd down starters on defense, isn't sure what's next. Oh, he knows he'll consume Zoom sessions with his coaches and fellow rookies from his new apartment in Northern Kentucky on Wed. and Thurs. And then the 3rd Rd pick knows that he will come back to the trailer in the Paul Brown stadium players parking lot on Fri. for another Covid-19 test for the rookies. Then maybe on Sun. he can get into Paul Brown Stadium for his 1st visit, physical and workout, Maybe. Well really, everything is kind of up in the air, about the way everything else is in the world we live in right now. We don't even know for sure when training camp is going to start. I can see that the speed of the game is a lot faster than what it was in college. I have yet to be able to meet any of the veterans yet, as it's been only Virtual so far, being able to meet them in person will be quite different.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Bengals rookie QB Joe Burrow has been working out with Sam Hubbard and Drew Sample as recent as this past Friday. The top pick posed for a picture with his teammates at Black Sheep Performance, which is located in Blue Ash, a suburb of Cincinnati. DE Freedom Akinmoladun and 4-rookies also have taken part in the work-outs. Bengal rookies reported for camp this week, they were tested for Covid-19 on Tuesday and Friday. They can enter team facilities once they pass two tests, which means they could potentially start their strength and conditioning training after they get the results of Friday's test. Burrow and Tee Higgins are the only two draft picks that haven't signed their contracts with the Bengals yet. Getting a deal done with both players shouldn't take much longer. Burrow was teammates with Hubbard at Ohio State, the duo appear to be spending a lot of time together.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

There were 6 players om the Bengals Roster in 2019, that will not be playing as teammates with Joe Burrow in 2020, as they in the offseason signed with other NFL teams. Defensive Tackle, Andrew Billings, (Browns), Tight End, Tyler Eifert, (Jacksonville), Safety, Clayton Fejedelem, (Miami), Cornerback,Tony McRae,(Detroit), Linebacker, LaRoy Reynolds,(Atlanta), and Linebacker, Nick Vigil, (LA Chargers). I would have liked to have seen a healthy Tyler Eifert as a tight end, with Joe Burrow throwing to him.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

In a letter to the Fans about Health and Safety being the top priority as the Players get ready to return to the start of training camp. Training camp is always an exciting time, and we know there is extra enthusiasm this year to see all of the players that we added during free agency and the draft as well. Health and Safety is our top priority as we prepare for the players to return. We are taking all of the necessary steps to follow the guidelines established by the NFL, local government officials and medical professionals.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

In related news, the Bengals today waived Cornerback Isiah Swann. ( failed physical ) Swann, a rookie from Dartmouth College, had signed as a free agent back in April after the NFL draft.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Year 2 of the Zac Taylor Era has arrived, and the Bengals are ready to cash in their chips with offensive talent that displays depth, experience, and skill. With the addition of the 2019 Heisman Trophy winner Joe Burrow, the return of AJ Green and Jonah Williams, plus the building blocks like Joe Mixon and Tyler Boyd, there is a genuine excitement about the potential of the offense.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just reported a short time ago, Joe Burrow and the Bengals have shaken hands and have agreed to a deal. It is being reported that Burrow and the Bengals have agreed to a 36.1 million dollar contract, pending a physical which is to be taken on Thurs, at which time Burrow will sign the contract, providing everything is okay with the physical.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Just a little follow-up to the deal: Burrow will receive 100% of his 23.88 million dollar signing bonus, within 15 days of executing his contract.

Return to “Pro Sports”