2020 Pittsburgh Steelers

Geronimo
SEOP

Re: 2020 Pittsburgh Steelers

Post by Geronimo »

What is the lines on the first NFL week ?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Steelers waived Devlin Hodges on Sunday. They signed the Quarterback to the practice squad on Monday after he cleared waivers. The Steelers originally kept Hodges on their 53-player roster as their third quarterback behind Ben Roethlisberger and Mason Rudolph. They then claimed Joshya Dobbs off waivers from the Jaguars on Sunday.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Pittsburg Steelers have chosen to protect these four practice squad players the first weekend of the season. The four players are as follows: LB Jayrone Elliott, DE Henry Mondeaux, S Curtis Riley and RB Wendell Smallwood. These four players are not eligible to be signed by another team until after Sundays game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Ryan Shazier is officially retiring from the NFL. Shazier announced that while he still loves football, he has decided to stop his attempt to return to the field, and step away from the game for awhile and see what else life has to offer. He said that he knew that football would always be there for him if he needs it, but right now, I'm excited to explore some new challenges and different paths. You'll be hearing from me real soon about all the things I'll be doing.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Very smart move !

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed 14 players to their practice squad over the weekend. All of the players that were signed have been with the team during training camp and recently released. The list includes 6 players on defense including CB-Trajan Bandy, S-Antoine Brooks Jr, S-Curtis Riley, LB-Jayrone Elliott, DL-Daniel McCullers, DL-Henry Mondeaux. On offense the team signed 7 players including WR-Deon Cain, WR-Amara Darboh, RB-Trey Edmunds, TE-Kevin Rader, OL-Anthony Coyle, OL-Derwin Gray and OL-Jarron Jones. The team also added punter Corliss Waitman to the practice squad.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Former Browns QB Brady Quinn thinks that the Pittsburgh Steelers might be one of the only teams offensively that has the pieces to match up with the Kansas City Chiefs offense. He thinks as long as Big Ben stays healthy, that the Steelers will beat the Chiefs and earn a trip to Tampa and the Super Bowl. He also said that he thought that the Steelers would win it all in 2020, beating the New Orleans Saints in the Super Bowl.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Go Steelers !

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Good win a lot of weapons on offense! The D will even get better ;)

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The injuries on the O Line the Steelers have been able to overcome in years past. Will have to again. James Connor getting hurt again and Snell fumbles again. Still not sold on Ben's arm being able to make it through the season.
The Steelers played well but it was against the Giants. Will see if they can stay healthy and improve.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Pittsburg Steelers defense was so good last season, that it almost dragged Mason Rudolph and Devlin Hodges to the playoffs. The defense may even be stronger this season, plus their Quarterback play will be lights out better this season. Steeler defenders seemed to be competing to see who could hit Daniel Jones and Saquon Barkley the hardest. The defense was suffocating in a 26-16 win over the New York Giants Saquon Barkley, a spectacular back, had just 6 rushing yards on 15 carries. Only 3 other times in NFL history has a back registered 6 or fewer yards on at least 15 carries in a game.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

The Giants is nothing to write home about true, and running backs is the the Steelers weakness ! I no this.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Zach Banner is being reported to have a torn ACL and out for the year. If the line gets beat up makes it harder for Ben to stay healthy.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Brady Quinn and Kirk Herbstreit both have closet problems with smoking crack cocaine. No way that the Steelers are going to be Super Bowl contenders. They’ll make the playoffs, but they don’t have the dogs on offense.

Defense is ungodly good, yes, but offensively they don’t have it. Basically no run game, the offensive line is a huge question mark. Hated seeing Zach Banner on the sidelines when he came off the field. That was sad as hell to see his face when he realized what his injury probably was.

AFC is hollow past KC and BAL. BUF, NE, and PIT are solid defenses but all three have major questions offensively. TEN in theory has a better offense than what was on display on MNF, but the defense lost a lot. HOU is probably going to be the third wildcard and is basically busted on offense unless Will Fuller fixes his drop problem and Brandin Cooks can do something opposite WFV.

I like awesome defenses and prefer lower-scoring defensive struggles as much as the next guy, but I just don’t see any real threat to KC/BAL this season.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

This is just one game long season? Just tell me at season end, I told you so. :mrgreen: ;)

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Go Steelers. !!!

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The putting the name of Antwon Rose on the back of the helmets has created an issue. As Villanueava changed the name on the back of the helmet and now Pouncey will. Pouncey says," "I was given limited information on the situation regarding Antwon, and I was unaware of the whole story surrounding his death and what transpired during the trial following the tragedy. I should have done more research to fully understand what occurred in its entirety."

Steeler Minkah Fitzpatrick was asked Thursday during a news media question-and-answer session via Zoom if the helmet issue could affect "cohesion in the locker room."

"No, I don't think there's any cohesiveness issues. We're all grown men. We all have one goal and that's to win the Super Bowl and we're all able to put that little stuff to the side," Fitzpatrick said. "It might mean a lot to some of us, and it does mean a lot to pretty much all of us in the locker room. But we're going to put our opinions to the side, we're going to go out there, we're going to have our conversations and our talks in the locker room, but we're going to take the field, we're going to put our feelings and opinions and everything else to the side, and be grown men about the situation and move forward."

Fitzpatrick said the choice to place Rose's name on the Steelers' helmets was partly a top-down team decision.

We must understand the legal grounds for the case. In Pennsylvania, a law enforcement officer is legally justified in using deadly force when he believes it is necessary to prevent death or serious injury to himself or others, or if he believes it is necessary to prevent a suspect’s escape from arrest. In the latter scenario, the suspect must have committed or attempted to commit a forcible felony and pose a danger to human life.

Now that understanding of the law has been established, the facts of the case must be examined.

1. Police identified a stolen car with the window shot out as the one used in a reported drive-by shooting about 10 minutes earlier, and pulled it over.

2. While the driver was being handcuffed, Rose and another passenger attempted to flee the scene.

3. Officer Rosfeld fired 3 shots in succession from 48 feet away, striking Rose in the back, arm, and face.

5. While Rose was unarmed, Allegheny County District Attorney stated that Rose had an empty 9-mm-caliber handgun magazine in his pocket at the time of death.

5. A 9-mm-caliber handgun and a .40-caliber handgun were found in the car underneath Rose’s seat.

6. 9-mm-caliber bullets and casings were found at the scene of the drive-by shooting.

7. Drive-by victim William Ross told investigators on January 17, 2019 that Rose was in fact the individual who had shot him: “The beef was between me and him, that car came by, he shot me, I ran to the store.”

8. A scientist at the Allegheny County Medical Examiner’s Office stated that Rose had gunshot residue on his hands at the time of death.

9. Rose’s DNA and fingerprints were found on the 9mm pistol found allegedly used in the shooting.

10. Rosfeld’s attorney claimed that Rose had stolen one of the handguns found in the car during an armed robbery of his employer just hours before he was shot.

Now, let’s review the law in the context of this case.

Did Rose commit or attempt to commit a forcible felony? According to both probable cause at the time of the shooting and the evidence recovered afterwards, yes.

Did he attempt to evade arrest? According to both witness testimony and a video recording of the incident, yes.

Was there reasonable suspicion to believe that Rose was a danger to the officer or others? Considering that he was found in a car with a shot out window that was confirmed to have been involved in a shooting and that he was actively evading arrest, there was certainly reasonable suspicion that Rose was armed and a present danger to society.

The facts of the case do not make the death of Antwon Rose II any less tragic. No young man should ever have to die, especially if it could have been avoided. However, the police also have an important job: protecting the public. Officer Rosfeld followed the law, followed his training, and did his job. This is not to say that he should have shot Rose, but I also think we should recognize that he does not deserve to go to prison for homicide given the available information.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Pittsburgh Steelers have placed offensive lineman Stefan Wisniewski on the reserve/injured list, and promoted offensive tackle Derwin Gray from the practice squad to the 53-man roster. The injuries just seem to be piling up for the Steelers offensive line. First the Steelers had to put OT Zach Banner on IR after a knee injury, and now they are reporting OL Stefan Wisniewski is headed to IR with a pec injury.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

After last season patch work is a piece of cake .

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Denver Broncos are no slouch on defense but that didn't stop the Steelers veteran QB from hooking up with rookie Chase Claypool on a pretty touchdown pass that covered 84 yards. That 84 yard reception is the 4th longest by a Steelers rookie in franchise history. JuJu Smith-Schuster, of course, had a 97-yarder in 2017 at Detroit.

Return to “Pro Sports”