Bengals Release Andy Dalton

countywide35
SEOP

Bengals Release Andy Dalton

Post by countywide35 »

All up for grabs for the kid from SEO.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Bengals Release Andy Dalton

Post by VetteMan »

Just a little surprised that they didn't at least try to trade him for some type of a draft pick, but then again maybe they did and just couldn't make that happen. Again, we are talking about the Bengals. I think it's pretty likely that he will end up on another NFL roster at least as a backup.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Looks like the rookie all the way ? Know Window for learning?
Last edited by Geronimo on Fri May 01, 2020 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:45 pm Just a little surprised that they didn't at least try to trade him for some type of a draft pick, but then again maybe they did and just couldn't make that happen. Again, we are talking about the Bengals. I think it's pretty likely that he will end up on another NFL roster at least as a backup.
The salary cap thing in the players agreement has made for some interesting player moves. Dalton will find a landing spot as a backup and tutor to a younger guy. I think Burrow would have been better served being elsewhere or having Dalton around as a teacher.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Omega wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:23 pm
VetteMan wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:45 pm Just a little surprised that they didn't at least try to trade him for some type of a draft pick, but then again maybe they did and just couldn't make that happen. Again, we are talking about the Bengals. I think it's pretty likely that he will end up on another NFL roster at least as a backup.
The salary cap thing in the players agreement has made for some interesting player moves. Dalton will find a landing spot as a backup and tutor to a younger guy. I think Burrow would have been better served being elsewhere or having Dalton around as a teacher.
After posting what I did, I know what you said about the salary cap probably did come into play in as much as being able to what kind of moves that could have been made. I pretty much knew that the Bengals were not going to pick up the option on his contract going forward, I just wonder if Dalton would have been willing to accept that roll with the Bengals, as he may feel as if he can still start for some other team if given that opportunity ?

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

wasn't long ago he was dubbed the red rifle

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Steelers need a good back up !

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Apparently Dalton has signed with Dallas, presumably as a backup for Dak Prescott..
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/288 ... m-contract

Also the move is apparently unpopular in Big D

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/pay ... on-signing
Last edited by Omega on Tue May 05, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
BigBoneJerome
Freshman Team

Post by BigBoneJerome »

the big red in the big d

Return to “Pro Sports”