New Racing Group To Challenge Nascar and Indy Cars

Omega
SEOPS H

New Racing Group To Challenge Nascar and Indy Cars

Post by Omega »

Tony Stewart and Ray Evernham announce the start up of the Superstar Racing Experince for 2021. They have a TV deal in place with CBS. Sounds like a rebirth of the old IROC series in some ways:

■ A television strategy that will fit races into two-hour prime-time windows, presenting a contrast to NASCAR’s races that can run twice that long.

■ A focus on driver performance, rather than auto technology. Evernham will design the cars so that everyone races with the same equipment.

■ It will include racers and crew chiefs who are well known. Each race will have 12 drivers randomly matched with a crew chief.

■ It will feature racing under the lights at short tracks in the American heartland.

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Jou ... 2vUgJ-zIX0

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: New Racing Group To Challenge Nascar and Indy Cars

Post by VetteMan »

Sounds very interesting, being a race car fan, I will certainly be looking forward to watching it. I don't think it's any secret that both NASCAR and INDY have lost a little of its glow in the past few years, for various reasons. CBS also probably doesn't mind the idea of taking a small bite out of FOX and NBC. Tony Stewart was not only a great all around racer, ( NASCAR, INDY, DIRT ) but has proved to be a pretty good business man as well. It has gotten to the fact that in the past few years, families can hardly afford to be able to go to a NASCAR or a INDY type race anymore.

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Man oh man!! Wish Dale Earnhardt was alive. He would've jumped at this idea from the get go.

Sounds like an excellent plan!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Just a guess....Bristol would be a GREAT place to run. Unless they are going strictly dirt tracks.

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ

Return to “Pro Sports”