2020 Cleveland Browns

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

2020 Cleveland Browns

Post by dazed&confused »

Well, the season is over. 5-11. Who do we take with the 8th pick in the draft?

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Re: 2020 Cleveland Browns

Post by dazed&confused »

Another opening day loss, another mistake -filled game, another poor performance by special teams, another disappointing performance by a highly drafted QB, another underwhelming performance by a highly paid all star player, another coach taking responsibility for a crushing loss and saying they have to do better. Another season is over before it begins. Is this 2008? 2010? 2012? No, it's 2020. Same old same old.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Another typical Browns season. Ah things looked so promising just two years ago now back to the drawing board. Mayfield just can't catch that flash he had two years ago. More passes batted down. And the defense oh my it's going to be a long year.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

cbolt wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:42 pm Another typical Browns season. Ah things looked so promising just two years ago now back to the drawing board. Mayfield just can't catch that flash he had two years ago. More passes batted down. And the defense oh my it's going to be a long year.
If Mayfield is the QB of the future for the Browns, it is going to be a pretty bleak future. And also, he is by no means the only problem.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Browns are a collection of players not playing as a team.
Garrett was not worth the money he was paid. Vernon is slow out of place on the Dline. They have no clue how to contain. Hopefully just a bad game and everyone improves or the Bengals win.

Offense you hear about all the weapons but they are trying to shove cannonballs into a machine gun. With no idea how to make it work. All the tight ends but never throw a pass 10 yards or under to them. Only 20 + yards down field. All the talented WR's but the need for dependable one. Like in Tampa Scotty Miller. Just catch the darn BALL. Right now go 2 backs and 2/3 TE's. Then work the passing game. Baker should be throwing close to 25 or less times a game until he improves/if improves.

Until then the Browns fans should sue the team for false advertising. Promoting how good they are and talented only to SUCK.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Caught the end of what Trent Dilfer was saying about Baker. Always dancing with his feet. Never being comfortable while trying to make the big play. As Dilfer said Gardner Menshew plays within himself. Knowing what he can do and the coaches call plays for that. Part of that could be with the limited practice time but sure looks a lot like last year.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Dilfer also said Gardner Menshew is the better QB than Baker Mayfield.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Cleveland Browns are going to waive kicker Austin Seibert after he missed an extra point and a field goal in the game yesterday. I'm pretty sure that he will be replaced by Cody Parker, who I think has been on the practice squad. The kicker is far from being the only problem on this team.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Here I am hoping everyone is wrong.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

There won't be many fan's in the stands at First Energy Stadium Thursday night for the Browns home opener against the Bengals, but it's certainly not for lack of interest. The Browns quickly sold out all 6000 tickets made available for the limited seating capacity for the visit from the Bengals. The Browns only recently had their plans for the seating allowance approved, due to the restrictions from the Covid-19 pandemic.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I agree with the GalliGrad78

I’m
Hoping everyone is wrong too

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Cleveland Browns defeated the Cincinnati Bengals Thursday night 35-30. The Browns had a pretty balanced offense as Mayfield threw for 218 yards, with 2 touchdowns and 1 interception. Their ground game was very effective as Nick Chubb ran for 125 yards and 2 touchdowns, while Kareen Hunt added 86 yards and a touchdown.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

35-30 where the. D ???

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Geronimo wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:45 am 35-30 where the. D ???
Good Question! It's pretty obvious that after two weeks, neither team has much of a defense.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

I didn't get to watch the game but listened to it on radio, Browns did what I mentioned before for Mayfield threw the ball only 23 times. Ran the ball for over 200 yards. This keeps Mayfield from having to make a lot of plays. Easier pass plays. While using 2 quality running backs. As well as easier for the offensive line to block.
Defense gave up to much. Hard to know without seeing it on tv. The good thing is they get extra time off before the next game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

farmer wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:50 pm I didn't get to watch the game but listened to it on radio, Browns did what I mentioned before for Mayfield threw the ball only 23 times. Ran the ball for over 200 yards. This keeps Mayfield from having to make a lot of plays. Easier pass plays. While using 2 quality running backs. As well as easier for the offensive line to block.
Defense gave up to much. Hard to know without seeing it on tv. The good thing is they get extra time off before the next game.
I'm like you, I didn't get to watch it either. Followed it at times on the Internet, sounded as if the Browns running game was really good. I think the Browns two running backs are two of the best in the NFL. They both are pretty good receivers out of the backfield as well. After the Ravens game, and now the Bengals game, the defense does need to pick it up though. Two games now, and you hardly hear Myles Garrett name mentioned, I think he had 1 tackle in the Ravens game.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

The Browns running game was good but lets forget Atkins and his backup were not there. Not surprising Chubb and Hunt had such good games although Chubb is the real deal imo. Mayfield was pretty accurate most of the night. Burrow on the other hand was running for his life having to throw short passes because he didn't have enough time to throw deep most the time. The Brownies D-line looked like the 86 bears against this Bengals line.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Let’s hope this was the turning of the ship

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Browns coach Kevin Stefanski found plenty to like from his defenses second effort of the season, and even more to correct as the Browns head into the long weekend. Just a few days after surrendering a number of big plays in an overall lousy afternoon in Baltimore, Cleveland's defense was stingier in a number of ways during Thursday's 35-30 win over the Bengals. The unit toughened up at the goal line on multiple occasion's, limiting the Bengals to field goals instead of touchdowns at critical junctures of the game.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Browns QB is not there long term answer???

Return to “Pro Sports”