Re: 2021 Cleveland Browns

Post by countywide35 »

Tough one to open the year off with

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Very impressed with Browns showing. Hard one to take, but the worst thing for me was referee allowing Andy Reid to make the call on those shoves between Harrison and Chiefs coach. That was ridiculous. Ref said that after discussion they changed the call. They discussed it with Reid.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I agree the ref waited way too long to throw that flag. Thought they might get away with it for awhile. Harrison has to walk away from that! You can't shove a coach back like that after that coach was defending his player from being stepped on. Dumb move by Harrison just walk away!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

agreeed...bonehead move........

it was the same result of MANY week 1 results,however, it was a good showing and a statement saying that we are for real.......

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Yes county they went toe to toe with the top dogs in the AFC on their homefield, so Browns fans should be excited. The punter dropping the snap and the DB getting lost on the Homie prayer heave were the ones that stuck in my crawl the most. It looked like the punter still had time to get it away after dropping it but he panicked and decided to run.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Didn't a KC player bump the Brown player that resulted in the KC player getting stepped on? The KC coach only saw his player getting stepped on from a Brown player. The refs didn't see the player getting stepped on but did see A coach make contact with a Brown player and then they saw the coach being hit by the Brown player. To me it should have been off setting.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

The Browns certainly showed no m.ercy today against ex Buckeye Justin Fields

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

You got that right, vetteman! 9.5 sacks I think it was? I know Bears fans couldn't wait to run the ol Red Rocket off the field to see Fields. It's only one game but I wonder if they still feel the same way ? Kind of reminds me of the year the Browns got Kizer and thought they finally had their QB only to watch him crash and burn.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

cbolt, I didn't get to watch the game, only saw some highlights afterward. This was probably addressed earlier, how long is Landry supposed to be out? I know that if anyone would know it would be you.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I know they placed him on IR which means he will miss at least 3 games. Good thing is they got Beckham back now to pick up the slack. Him and Mayfield seemed to click well Sunday unlike last year. Just got to hope he stays on the field , which has been a challenge for him. I really like Peoples-Jones. He makes some clutch catches at clutch times.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

cbolt wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:33 pm I know they placed him on IR which means he will miss at least 3 games. Good thing is they got Beckham back now to pick up the slack. Him and Mayfield seemed to click well Sunday unlike last year. Just got to hope he stays on the field , which has been a challenge for him. I really like Peoples-Jones. He makes some clutch catches at clutch times.
Thank you. I like Peoples-Jones also, ( Even though he played up north ).

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Browns get the win today even though Mayfield struggled. Years past this would have been a loss but the defense and running game kept them in it today. I didn't like the first drive when they went for it on 4th and 4. It was too far and need to reward the offense and get points to keep momentum going, but luckily it didn't matter. Big game next week when the undefeated Cards and their dwarf QB come to town. Mayfield will have to play better for the Browns to have any chance!

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I stand corrected Browns go to LA next week. Be just as tough.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Mayfields shoulder ???

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Partially torn labrum suffered in week two. I didn't even know it until tonight. Could explain his subpar performance last week. Tough bolt team coming up next. They will lose if he plays like he did against the Vikes.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Browns should pound the ball with Chubb and Hunt. Control the clock, simple.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Mayfield and the offense played the way I thought they would have to play to win this game. Problem is the defense wasn't up to the challenge. I know Herbert and that offense is very tough but they got to be better to win big games like this. That blown pass int call was a killer but they had too many blown coverages and missed assignments they have to get cleaned up. First time I ever saw the defense push the offense into the end zone like that. Smart move. The Browns have the dubious distinction of being the first team in NFL history to have no turnovers, score more than 40 points and lose the game. :shock:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Pounding the ball with the Brown's running game didn't work with a lead in the 4th and the clock running out. To me that is two lost games with bad play calling late in the game.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Gonna be a beatdown today boys! Two missed tackles on that second TD. Terrible :roll:

Return to “Pro Sports”