2021 Cincinnati Reds

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: 2021 Cincinnati Reds

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Yep. Never come to a conclusion till the fat lady sings. :lol: GO REDS!!!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Go reds !!!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

As of 08/28/21, the second place Reds are 71-60 and 7.5 games behind with 31 left to play. Cincinnati has a .542 winning percentage and have won 6 of their last 10 games. The Reds have a 2 game lead for the final wild card spot over the slumping Padres.

Something interesting, since the Reds low point of 22-28 back on May 29th, the Reds are 49-32 but have lost one half game in the standings.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

St.louis starting to put together some wins ????

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

They don't beat the teams that there suppose to ???

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Hope I'm wrong but St Louis will end up with the last wild card???

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

As of the close of competition on 09/04/21, Cincinnati still is in second.place in the NLCentral, 73 -64 and ten games back of Milwaukee. They have a one half game lead over San Diego for the final wild card spot. They are 2.5 games ahead of St. Louis. Cincy is stumbling along winning only 4 out of their last 10.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Coaching ??? 23 games left .

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Geronimo wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:09 pm Coaching ??? 23 games left .
Another way to look at the 2021 Reds is that they are overachievers. That Bell has squeezed out 10 more wins than what we thought they were capable of back in spring training. The team beset by injury. The team with big holes at shortstop, third base and center field. The team with one of the worst bullpens in baseball. Instead of bemoaning the Reds late season fade, I am pleased they still have a shot at the playoffs.
I am no fan of David Bell, but the Reds weaknesses fall at the feet of ownership.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Face it Givens is your best out of the bullpen !!! Use him more Bell.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

As of the end of competition con 09/11/21, the Reds are rounding third and stumbling home. Cincy is still second in the NL Central with a 75-68 record, 13 games back of the Brewers. Milwaukee's magic number is 7 to clinch the division pennant.
The Reds are playing at a .524 clip and have lost 6 of their last ten games. Cincinnati by some miracle is still tied with San Diego for the final wild card spot.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Reds St Louis or San Diego ???? ????

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Geronimo wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:52 pm Reds St Louis or San Diego ???? ????
Cardinals have the momentum.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Getting there a$$ kick again !!! Pirates this time.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

As of 09/19/21 the Reds have faded to third place in the NL Central behind the second place Cards and first place Brewers.
Cincy is 77-73 , 3 games behind St. Louis and 14.5 games back of Milwaukee. The Reds are 3 games behind St Louis for the last wild card slot. The only question now is will the Reds finish above .500.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Omega wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:51 pm As of 09/19/21 the Reds have faded to third place in the NL Central behind the second place Cards and first place Brewers.
Cincy is 77-73 , 3 games behind St. Louis and 14.5 games back of Milwaukee. The Reds are 3 games behind St Louis for the last wild card slot. The only question now is will the Reds finish above .500.

The Reds IMO have been done since Castellano's announced he was going to be looking at other teams for next year. It sucked all of the energy out of the team and was totally uncalled for. That was something that could have waited until after the season to announce.

Plus throw in a dumbazz manager in Bell and you have what you have right now. How do you sit Votto at this point in the season???? There are around 18 games left. He needs to be in everyone of them. The schedule is still in there favor as they still have have 6 against the Pirates.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:13 am
Omega wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:51 pm As of 09/19/21 the Reds have faded to third place in the NL Central behind the second place Cards and first place Brewers.

The Reds IMO have been done since Castellano's announced he was going to be looking at other teams for next year. It sucked all of the energy out of the team and was totally uncalled for. That was something that could have waited until after the season to announce.

Plus throw in a dumbazz manager in Bell and you have what you have right now. How do you sit Votto at this point in the season???? There are around 18 games left. He needs to be in everyone of them. The schedule is still in there favor as they still have have 6 against the Pirates.
Yeah, at least Castellanos is giving the Reds front office a heads up he will be exercising his option to leave. Gives the Reds brass an opportunity to start looking for a low salary journeyman replacement. If the Reds are anything, they are cheap.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Dang cardinals won’t lose

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Here's my thoughts on the Reds for what I'd like to see happen and my opinions:
Bob needs to sell the team first and foremost. He has no desire to win or to make this team any better. Get it out of his hands and let someone who cares step up.

I am a fan of David Bell. I know he isn't a "rah-rah" kind of guy but the players enjoy him and I know for a fact he has their back as he has stated and shown before.

I hated to see Kyle Boddy go (pitching trainer, founder and owner of Driveline Baseball) I really enjoyed what he did and his spin he had on pitching development. That's a tough loss for our franchise I believe.

I think ever since Jesse Winker was placed on the IR, our offense went down hill. Having Winker in the lineup really boosts our overall performance and when he's gone our lineup changes drastically.

What I'd like to see in the off season is to dump the contracts of Moustakas and Akiyama. I was a fan of the signings when it first happened but it just hasn't worked out and that will be a solid salary dump. With that money, we'd be idiots to not go and resign Castellanos or at least fight for him. We can't keep letting good talent leave! We have some really solid players coming up and I look for them to get a chance when next year rolls around.

Sign Castillo, Winker, Mahle all to extensions and Tucker Barnhart (for a reasonable price).

I still think this team is on the rise the next couple years, we just need better ownership!! Go Reds!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

:roll: Bad choice in keeping Bell for two more seasons ? :roll:

Return to “Pro Sports”