2022 Cincinnati Reds

BigGuy10
Varsity

Re: 2022 Cincinnati Reds

Post by BigGuy10 »

Omega wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:15 am
Geronimo wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:15 am Still wanting to cut payroll in Reds country ??? :roll:
Reading the off season Reds news, they desperately want to dump Moustakas and his $18 million dollar contract. Yet his performance is so bad, they would have to throw in some of the prospects they obtained in trading Mahle and Castillo.

I think even more troubling for fans is I have seen discussion that the Reds front office may even look to trade Greene, Lodolo, Stephenson, and India when they reach their arbitration dates in the next 2 to 3 seasons.

The sad thing is the Reds front offce makes money even putting 100 loss teams on the field in front of empty stands because of league revenue sharing and TV money.

So I would expect the Reds will be in a permanent rebuild as they churn their prospects every four years and fill the roster with journeymen and other team's rejects.

Reds ownership can run the team as they see fit, with average payrolls around $55 million. Yet success can be had with very low payrolls, the Cleveland Indians for example.
Just to add my opinion on a couple statements! It would be awesome to dump Moustakas contract because he's been horrible, but there's a 0 percent chance we give up a top prospect in order to get rid of him. If that was the return, I'd rather just keep his awful contract till it expires lol

I'm not quite sure the age of everyone on this forum but I am 23 so use to the Reds being really bad but hopeful still :lol: I've posted before how I'm excited of all the top profile prospects we returned in a lot of our trades this season and can't wait to see them pan out because if things go as planned, the Reds should be a top team around 2024. But if Castellini wants to receive these players just to turn them again every 4 years like mentioned then it'll be tough to support them. I think this is the best we've set up our farm system and I'll be very excited to see if it'll actually pan out

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: 2022 Cincinnati Reds

Post by Omega »

BigGuy10 wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:15 am
Omega wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:15 am
Geronimo wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:15 am Still wanting to cut payroll in Reds country ??? :roll:
Reading the off season Reds news, they desperately want to dump Moustakas and his $18 million dollar contract. Yet his performance is so bad, they would have to throw in some of the prospects they obtained in trading Mahle and Castillo.

I think even more troubling for fans is I have seen discussion that the Reds front office may even look to trade Greene, Lodolo, Stephenson, and India when they reach their arbitration dates in the next 2 to 3 seasons.

The sad thing is the Reds front offce makes money even putting 100 loss teams on the field in front of empty stands because of league revenue sharing and TV money.

So I would expect the Reds will be in a permanent rebuild as they churn their prospects every four years and fill the roster with journeymen and other team's rejects.

Reds ownership can run the team as they see fit, with average payrolls around $55 million. Yet success can be had with very low payrolls, the Cleveland Indians for example.
Just to add my opinion on a couple statements! It would be awesome to dump Moustakas contract because he's been horrible, but there's a 0 percent chance we give up a top prospect in order to get rid of him. If that was the return, I'd rather just keep his awful contract till it expires lol

I'm not quite sure the age of everyone on this forum but I am 23 so use to the Reds being really bad but hopeful still :lol: I've posted before how I'm excited of all the top profile prospects we returned in a lot of our trades this season and can't wait to see them pan out because if things go as planned, the Reds should be a top team around 2024. But if Castellini wants to receive these players just to turn them again every 4 years like mentioned then it'll be tough to support them. I think this is the best we've set up our farm system and I'll be very excited to see if it'll actually pan out
The great thing about baseball is there is always "wait until next year". The only thing about being a Reds fan is that " next year" does not come often. Hope for the best but expect something less. I am lucky. Six world series and 35 seasons of at least .500 ball in my 67 years of fandom. I hope the Reds can execute their plan, but history is against them.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/team ... ndex.shtml

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “Pro Sports”