2022 Cincinnati Reds

Geronimo
SEOP

2022 Cincinnati Reds

Post by Geronimo »

Just wondering if they will be better than last year Reds ?

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: 2022 Cincinnati Reds

Post by Omega »

Geronimo wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:32 pm Just wondering if they will be better than last year Reds ?
Well seeing how the Reds just traded Sonny Gray to the Twins for a prospect might well indicate Cincy is shedding payroll and have no intention to compete in 2022.

Reds acquires Chase Petty, a rhp was selected 26th in the first round of the 2021 MLB amateur draft.

https://twinsdaily.com/index.html/minne ... de-r11970/

Edit:

The case in point is that Reds has moved Gray, Miley and Barnhart from the roster. Couple that with the Castellanos opt out, the Reds have shed $40 million in payroll with the only return being an 18 year prospect.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I agree about the owners of the Reds big time.but Gray didn't help the reds much at all last season ! Plus it clears the way for Hunter Green also !!!

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Well Geronimo, after what our Idiotic and cheap owners just did today, should answer your question above

The Reds have officially done it for me. Winker is my favorite player on this team so trading him and Geno, both fan favorites, just makes me sick. Bob Castellini and Nick Krall are just absolutely horrible. A disgrace to the Reds organization and I as a fan can't support them in what they're doing. They won't be getting any of my money this season from ticket sales or apparel because I'm not giving them a dime.

I don't look for Castillo or Mahle to be on this team come Opening Day. Might as well trade them both for a bag or Doritos at this point.

I truly hope they trade Joey Votto because he deserves so much better. I want to see that man get a ring and it's blatantly obvious that the Reds owners don't want that to happen.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Yeah, the Reds have now moved 5 contributors from last year squad (6 if you count Castellanos) and have saved over $50 million in payroll. In return they get basically nothing except two prospects in the two trades.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Didn't know just got off of Reds update news that dumb a$$ season over before it gets started!!!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Jmo they got nothing in return ?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Nothing in return for Winker not the strike out king ???

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Basically what we got in return from the Winker&Suarez + Gray trades are a semi decent arm with not many games played, an OF with a career .196 average and 2 guys who have never played pro and won't be ready till 2026.

Such a cheap owner!! For some reason decided he wanted to dump Suarez contract (which we agreed to sign a few years ago for a cheap price..) and the "only way" we could get them to "take on the contract" was to give up Winker in the process. What a disgrace. If anything we should've dumped Moustakas contract??

I love the Reds and as you guys know I follow them very close. I can't support this organization until we have a new owner or until he's gone. Like I mentioned before, I feel bad for the remaining players on the team at how they are being treated by the higher ups basically showing they don't want to win. Even former players have spoken out against our ownership since the trade yesterday.

Who as an active Free Agent would want to come and play for our team right now after seeing this display? Unless this is the only team they have an option to play for, I don't see us signing anyone else.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Some of the things on the Reds website is just not right at all !!!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Some of the things on the Reds website is just not right at all !!! :roll:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Crazy stuff! But Go Reds! I keep on love-un my Reds! Hopefully the Baseball Gods will give them a hand this year. :lol:

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I hate to see them go, but baseball like every other pro sport is a business. I doubt that the stands will be any less full this year, as tickets have been easy to get for years. I'll still make my yearly trip to the Queen City.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

I don’t understand it. 83 games won last season, you’re a few pieces away from contending, and you go and blow it all up. Trade away fan favorites in Winker, Suarez, and Gray. Let Tucker, Givens and Miley go. Were never going to resign Castellanos. Today traded away Garrett who’s hit was 2mil for a 34 year old Mike Minor who’s hit is 9.5mil. Then sign a 34 year old solid platoon guy, and a no name pitcher who can’t stay in the big leagues. What they got in return for all the trades was prospects that will be traded eventually I’m sure. Just doesn’t make any sense to me. They have the money to contend, but instead blow it up and want a rebuild yet again. I’ll watch on tv out of loyalty, but I will not be wasting my time and money to drive to Cincinnati. Very frustrated

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Agree !!! Don't understand !!!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

What the heck is going on?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Maybe they will get below 40 million and go back to 5 dollar tickets

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

I have been scratching my head over the moves the last week or so. But looking at the possible roster I think this team may be better than people think. Will they win 83 games no, but I think they can still be decent. Bullpen still looks shaky, but that’s nothing new.

My guess at the opening day lineup and roster.

Roster-
C: Stephenson & either Kolozsvary or Knapp
INF: Votto, India, Farmer, Moose, Solano, Moran
OF: Senzel, Naquin, Aquino, Fraley, Akiyama
SP: Castillo, Mahle, Minor, Gutierrez, Greene
BP: Warren, Cessa, Wilson, Hoffman, Hendrix, Moreta, Dunn
CP: Sims

Lineup-

2B: India
RF: Naquin
1B: Votto
C: Stephenson
3B: Moran
DH: Moose
SS: Farmer
CF: Senzel
LF: Fraley
SP: Castillo
Last edited by PTrojan59 on Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Who Dey!
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Looks like the Reds have signed Colin Moran. Nice addition to the team, random addition but he was solid for the Pirates.

Who Dey!
BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

PTrojan59 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:43 am I have been scratching my head over the moves the last week or so. But looking at the possible roster I think this team may be better than people think. Will they win 83 games no, but I think they can still be decent. Bullpen still looks shaky, but that’s nothing new.

My guess at the opening day lineup and roster.

Roster-
C: Stephenson & either Kolozsvary or Knapp
INF: Votto, India, Farmer, Moose, Solano, Moran
OF: Senzel, Naquin, Aquino, Fraley, Akiyama
SP: Castillo, Mahle, Minor, Gutierrez, Greene
BP: Warren, Cessa, Wilson, Hoffman, Hendrix, Moreta, Dunn
CP: Sims

Lineup-

2B: India
RF: Naquin
1B: Votto
C: Stephenson
3B: Moran
DH: Moose
SS: Farmer
CF: Senzel
LF: Fraley
SP: Castillo
I think there will be some cases this year we will also see Senzel at 3B with Barrero in CF since they don't seem to want to try him at SS much with Farmer there.

Don't get me wrong, we will still have some athletes, it's just the idea of being so close and instead of taking that next step we go 10 steps backwards. Especially when we had a really good chance to capture the division.

Return to “Pro Sports”