2022 Cincinnati Reds

PTrojan59
S

Re: 2022 Cincinnati Reds

Post by PTrojan59 »

2018 the Reds fired Bryan Price after a 3-15 start and having the worst record in the league. Currently the Reds sit 2-8 and own the worst record in the league. Next 9 games are against SD & STL. I wouldn’t expect more than 3 wins max. So if the Reds are sitting at 5-14 or worse do they fire David Bell? I doubt it but something to think about. A few of those games against LA were hard to watch. Lodolo will start tonight at SD.

Who Dey!
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Don't forget daddy is in the front office ??? Going to be interesting ?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

2-9 ???

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Sad. :(

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The Reds placed 2B Jonathan India (right hamstring strain) & 3B Mike Moustakas (right biceps strain) on the 10-day Injured List.

In corresponding moves, OF TJ Friedl was activated and the Reds purchased the contract of IF/OF JT Riddle

https://news.yahoo.com/cincinnati-reds- ... 06049.html

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

2-10 now ???

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

We're practically fielding a minor league team currently.. so, so very annoying. I have no idea how the FO can look at this vs what we had and say "yep, this is the team who will help us compete" :roll:

India, now Stephenson, Moose, Schrock, Solano, Naquin, Barrero, Antone, Castillo, Dunn, Minor, Sims all on the IL.. literally half our roster. It's becoming hard to watch :(

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Who going pay major league prices,to watch minor league team ??? :roll:

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

2-11 any one that would support the Reds owner is crazy !!! Field a team that can win !!!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Charleston WV. Dirty Birds minor league team opens at 6:35 today first pitch !!! Free draft Beer night !!!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Ran across this little factoid:

The Reds have traded Todd Frazier, Johnny Cueto, Jay Bruce, Jesse Winker, Rasiel Iglesias, Sony Gray, Eugenio Suarez, Alrodis Chapman, Mike Leake - And the only current MLB player they have to show for it is Jake Fraley.

That kind of highlights the ineptness of the Reds front office in making personnel decisions. That and the Reds are still paying Ken Griffey Jr $3.5 million a year through 2025 on a deferred basis.
Last edited by Omega on Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Geronimo wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:02 pm Charleston WV. Dirty Birds minor league team opens at 6:35 today first pitch !!! Free draft Beer night !!!

I highly recommend minor league baseball as a great entertainment value. That includes the college summer wood bat teams like Charleston or the Chillicothe Paints.

Watching baseball for the sake of baseball is often reward in itself.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

You have to do something the Reds owner is destroying a good major league team and program !!!

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

Omega wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:05 pm Ran across this little factoid:

The Reds have traded Todd Frazier, Johnny Cueto, Jay Bruce, Jesse Winker, Rasiel Iglesias, Sony Gray, Eugenio Suarez, Alrodis Chapman, Mike Leake - And the only current MLB player they have to show for it is Jake Fraley.

That kind of highlights the ineptness of the Reds front office in making personnel decisions. That and the Reds are still paying Ken Griffey Jr $3.5 million a year through 2025 on a deferred basis.
I decided to piggy pack off your post on here to see what we returned from each trade and whether we won it or it benefitted us in some way, I'll let you guys pick!
Cueto - Brandon Finnegan and Cody Reed (Lost)
Jay Bruce - Dilson Herrera (Lost)
Aroldis Chapman - Embarrassed to even say who they were.. (Major Loss!)
Mike Leake - Adam Duvall (I'd say that was a good trade)
Todd Frazier - Brandon Dixon, Jose Peraza, and Scott Schebler (Debatable, you guys decide. Overall, I'd say a close L)
Raisel Iglesias - Noe Ramirez (equal to a bag of chips) (Major Loss!)
Sonny Gray - Chase Petty (TBD, suppose to be solid, has good upside. Can determine within a couple years)
Winker and Suarez - Jake Fraley, Justin Dunn (Hurt), Brandon Williamson (Minors) and Connor Phillips (Minors) Technically can't determine yet, but for present time, its an L.

So based off the 8 total trades you mentioned, I'd venture to say we went 1-5-2... not very good whatsoever! Especially when a few of them went and will continue pretty solid careers.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

BigGuy10 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:21 am
Omega wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:05 pm Ran across this little factoid:

I decided to piggy pack off your post on here to see what we returned from each trade and whether we won it or it benefitted us in some way, I'll let you guys pick!
Cueto - Brandon Finnegan and Cody Reed (Lost)
Jay Bruce - Dilson Herrera (Lost)
Aroldis Chapman - Embarrassed to even say who they were.. (Major Loss!)
Mike Leake - Adam Duvall (I'd say that was a good trade)
Todd Frazier - Brandon Dixon, Jose Peraza, and Scott Schebler (Debatable, you guys decide. Overall, I'd say a close L)
Raisel Iglesias - Noe Ramirez (equal to a bag of chips) (Major Loss!)
Sonny Gray - Chase Petty (TBD, suppose to be solid, has good upside. Can determine within a couple years)
Winker and Suarez - Jake Fraley, Justin Dunn (Hurt), Brandon Williamson (Minors) and Connor Phillips (Minors) Technically can't determine yet, but for present time, its an L.

So based off the 8 total trades you mentioned, I'd venture to say we went 1-5-2... not very good whatsoever! Especially when a few of them went and will continue pretty solid careers.
Great research BG10. There are baseball franchises that are in small markets like Tampa, Milwaukee, Oakland, and even Cleveland who contend for pennants without exorbitant payrolls. The current Reds managing partners and front office failure is not spending, but baseball acumen.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

10 ???

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

In case anyone is wondering about the Reds record for consecutive losses:

From SportsAnswers:

In 1914, the Reds lost 19 games in a row, finishing 60-94.

In 2015, the Cincinnati Reds lost 98 games including 13 in a row (most since the 13 in 1945 and 1930).

In early 2016, there were two losing streaks of 6 games in a row (April 24-30, May 16-21), with the overall record to May 21 of 15-28. That would produce a season of 60-102 or worse.

https://sports.answers.com/Q/What_is_th ... s_in_a_row

Edit: The modern record is 23 consecutive losses by the 1961 Philadelphia Phillies.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

The Cubs beat the Pirates 21-0 today. The Reds have only scored 20 runs total in their last 10 games lol.

Who Dey!
Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

No fire power !!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

PTrojan59 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:27 am 2018 the Reds fired Bryan Price after a 3-15 start and having the worst record in the league. Currently the Reds sit 2-8 and own the worst record in the league. Next 9 games are against SD & STL. I wouldn’t expect more than 3 wins max. So if the Reds are sitting at 5-14 or worse do they fire David Bell? I doubt it but something to think about. A few of those games against LA were hard to watch. Lodolo will start tonight at SD.
Why fire him? There isn't a skipper in baseball who could win with these guys.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Pro Sports”