When WIll West Virgina get over it and move on?

BigMcCauley55
S

When WIll West Virgina get over it and move on?

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

RR leaving is all over the local news and they interviewed mad fans saying he is a liar and he betrayed them and he lost their respect blah blah and now they WVU fans are calling michigan that team up north

One lady even said it would be nice to play michigan to show that RIch made a mistake

when will they just chill

they belive going from WVU to michigan is a step down

USAF_Defender23
Varsity

Post by USAF_Defender23 »

It would've been the same reation if Carr would've left Michigan and went to let's say Arkansas or something like that instead of retiring. Michigan fans would've been a little upset.

ohioguy
Waterboy

Post by ohioguy »

In some instances I can see why they feel a little betrayed. As everyone knows, Rich considered leaving in 2006, and now he has done so in 2007. It is quite clear he wasn't really interested in staying with West Virginia, and Rich, being a man from West Virginia, it is a bit disheartening for fans to see him dart around to other teams.

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I can't blame him for leaving. And if you look at the situation from an unemotional and rational perspective, you can't blame him either. If you'll remember, Alabama came calling last year. I wouldn't have wanted any part of that situation. Michigan is in much better shape than Bama was/is and the people will be more patient... unlike the SEC rednecks....

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

fuzzhead wrote:I can't blame him for leaving. And if you look at the situation from an unemotional and rational perspective, you can't blame him either. If you'll remember, Alabama came calling last year. I wouldn't have wanted any part of that situation. Michigan is in much better shape than Bama was/is and the people will be more patient... unlike the SEC rednecks....

the UM fans will be more patient??? Dude, I dunno bout all that. If they dont see results they want within 3 years, he's gone.(like 10+ wins.)

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

I think what the WVU fans are so upset about is the fact that when he came. He said then that this was his dream job and would never leave. Remember he came from an NAIA school and was given the job because he was from WV and that was the only reason he got the job. Yes he's done alright, but nothing spectacular. I think he'll be wishing he'd stayed in WV in a couple of years.

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

Rich will never make it, he really screwed up now, greed will eventually catch up to him and he will fail.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

If UM get Pryor, than I think you'll cahnge your mind real quick!

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

peake wrote:If UM get Pryor, than I think you'll cahnge your mind real quick!

The more I read comments from Pryor, the more I feel he is leaning towards Michigan. He seems to like Rod and especially his offense. I think a lot will be determined whether or not OSU wins the championship game. If we would and if Laurenitis and crew stay that would be hard for a young prospect to turn down....but if we don't and if those guys leave :roll: I think Rich Rod will get his boy. How late does he have to commit?

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

From the start, Pryor has made it clear that where ever he plays next year, he plans on being the starting quarterback, no exceptions. So to get him you better be willing to let him be #1 going into practice and tell him its his to lose.

I think he will end up at Michigan and be their starting QB.

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Blah, blah, blah. I remember what my old friends from Marshall used to say, "I'd rather be queer than a Mountaineer."

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
BLITZBURG
Riding the Bench

Post by BLITZBURG »

I work with 5 die hard WVU fans.From their perspective they all have said they do not knock RR for bettering his situation if that is what he feels he has done.They seem more upset in the way that it all went down and how fast it happened,and how he left his team before the bowl game,the team that put him position to play for the National title.They feel that is disrespectful to his players that played their butts off for him all season.They also feel he took an escape route after the Pitt game.This is all coming from WVU life long fans.I can understand why they are upset,any fan would be upset.Courious to see how RR will handle the pressure of the big ten,the OSU game especially.He couldn't hardly talk after losing to PITT.GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!-That is what we will be hearing coming across the OHIO RIVER during the OSU-MU game.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

I think pryor will go to Ohio state...he does want to play both basketball and football and if michigan doesnt allow that then he would most likely go to osu....and if he does he should be starting over todd boeckman because he hasnt done all that well this year

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

3morethan2 wrote:if he does he should be starting over todd boeckman because he hasnt done all that well this year

Boeckman performed better than I ever thought he would this season. Those last two games really distorted everyones view of how well he actually played this season. It was his first season as a starter and he had replace a Heisman winner. I think he did just fine and he will be the starter next year whether Pryor comes to OSU or not.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I love how everyone knows RR is going to fail before he has even coached a day, but that is what I expect to hear from OSU fns. It Ferentz would have taken the job we would have heard the exact same thing that he couldn't beat his rival(ISU), he went 6-6 last season and lost to W. Michigan. If it would have been Miles it would have been he had too much talent to lose that many games, and if it were Schiano it would have been he was a flash in the pan success guy. It is all the same, unless Bill Belicheck comes than everyone will find something negative to say.

Anyways, reguardless of if Pryor will come or not Ryan Mallett can run that system. Mallett ran that exact same system in HS except he threw it more than he ran it. RR can adapt to the type of talent he has. Michigan will have the type of back to fit that style, and they will also have plenty of good wr, a luxury WVU has never had. Michigan will be fine.

WVU fans can be upset all they want. People who understand how college athletic's work wouldn't be crying around. They should say thanks for taking our program to heights we haven't experienced in 20 odd years. RR had to take the UM job and get to work now. He needs to get to recruiting and how is he going to do that why he is still in Morgantown coaching his old team? How is he going to access the talent he has if he is not attending bowl practices? He still has to interview position coaches to be retained from Michigan and outside of the program. There is a lot to do, so get over it.

BLITZBURG
Riding the Bench

Post by BLITZBURG »

You are right,WVU fans can be upset all they want.You are a michigan fan,wouldn't expect you to understand why so many people are upset.Look at it from their point of view,I know that is hard to do but try.Your team is getting ready for a big bowl game,your coach meets with michigan in Toledo.When asked why they met was told it had nothing to do with football,next thing they know the team has been told by RR that he is leaving for michigan.I could care less who coaches michigan.But I can see why WVU fans are upset.You and you being PEAKE get on here and voice your opinion on everything, it seems pretty d_ _ n rude to tell WVU fans to get over it.They were RR bridges to be burnt,and they're burnt.The WVU fans are just voicing their opinions.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

lol, cry me a river buddy, and all you WVU fans whom still think your school is a top tier school. Go back and read Don Nehlen's comments on why Michigan is Michigan and WVU is WVU.

If people are ignorant enought to believe that the meeting between Michigan's AD and President of the University were nothing, than keep living in the fairy tale world you do. College athletics much like everything else is a business, the quicker you learn it, the easier it will become when things like this happen.

I don't care if it seems rude or not, I am telling you and the WVU fans, count your losses, say thank you very much for taking us to the heights you did, and move on. hahahaha

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Mister B wrote:From the start, Pryor has made it clear that where ever he plays next year, he plans on being the starting quarterback, no exceptions. So to get him you better be willing to let him be #1 going into practice and tell him its his to lose.

I think he will end up at Michigan and be their starting QB.

How many can't miss QB's struggled to adjust to college no matter how much talent they have. Didn't Notre Dame have a can't miss QB this year? To bring in a player who will tell a first year coach what to do no matter how much talent they have can also led to problems in the locker room. Every player should be told all jobs are open and it is up to you to earn your position as the past is the past. The past performance does not win games.

redline_24
Waterboy

Post by redline_24 »

When I first read this topic it blew my mind that fans of a major college university can get this excited for landing thier THIRD choice for the new head football coach.

Then I sat back and thought about it and realized, well its scUM, whats new........ROFL

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.......Woody Hayes
ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

XandOs wrote:Blah, blah, blah. I remember what my old friends from Marshall used to say, "I'd rather be queer than a Mountaineer."

:shock: :lol: :shock:

Never Give Up!

Return to “College Sports”