Nick Aldridge back to UC?

art_vandelay
SE

Nick Aldridge back to UC?

Post by art_vandelay »

Cincinnati Enquirer (Bill Koch blog) reporting that Nick Aldridge will probably be transferring to UC, picking the Bearcats over Marshall. Apparently an announcement will come tomorrow. Like I've already said, I'd like to have seen what he could have done in a few years at Western Carolina. But either way, good luck to Nick in the Big East.*

Black Panther
SEO

Re: Nick Aldridge back to UC?

Post by Black Panther »

art_vandelay wrote:Cincinnati Enquirer (Bill Koch blog) reporting that Nick Aldridge will probably be transferring to UC, picking the Bearcats over Marshall. Apparently an announcement will come tomorrow. Like I've already said, I'd like to have seen what he could have done in a few years at Western Carolina. But either way, good luck to Nick in the Big East.*
If he does go back to UC he will get to know Dejuan Blair real well.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

from the Cincinnati Enquirer
blog

nick aldridge transferring to UC?

Nothing's final yet and no one at UC is commenting, but it appears that 6-7 Western Carolina sophomore forward Nick Aldridge might transfer to UC. You might recall that Aldridge originally committed to UC when Bob Huggins was still the head coach, but changed his mind after Huggins left. He enrolled instead at Western Carolina, where he averaged 18.3 points and 7.0 rebounds last season and scored 22 against UC earlier this season.
I just talked to Aldridge, who attended the UC-Miami game last week, and although he said he's still trying to decide betweenUC and Marshall, he did say that he planned to be in Cincinnnati on Thursday. When I told him that sounds like you have already decided to go to UC, he replied, "You can take it however you want. I'n not going to say anything for sure (until Thursday)."

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

So, if things don't go his way there will he walk out on them also?

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

He can't be "back to UC" since he never actually went there in the first place.
I am a total UC Bearcats fan, and I was thrilled to hear/read that Nick Aldridge [as a high school player] had verbally committed to the University of Cincinnati basketball program.
But circumstances conspired and he never enrolled or attended there.
Instead, he went to Western Carolina, and played very well as a freshman on that team.
But circumstances have again conspired to thwart his potential athletic talent.
I'd be delighted to see this talented athlete join the UC Bearcats program - they need all the help they can get [but they DID just beat Louisville!].
However, I fear that Nick Aldridge has substantial personal issues [as well as NCAA issues] to overcome before he can "transfer" to ANY other college/university and play basketball there.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

^^^^^^^^

Care to enlighten us on the NCAA issues!!!!

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Doesn't the NCAA have all kinds of rules regarding student transfer from one school to another, athletic scholarship availability, and eligibility requirements to play varsity sports?

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

caglewis wrote:Doesn't the NCAA have all kinds of rules regarding student transfer from one school to another, athletic scholarship availability, and eligibility requirements to play varsity sports?
You have to sit out one year if you transfer.Which I assume he is doing this year.There is also another rule if you transfer within the same conference,in doing so you lose a year of eligibility.Meaning,if you transfer as a Sophomore you are automatically a Senior when you play your first game with your new school.This dosen't happen all that much for obvious reasons,but I do remember a player going from Kansas to Texas where this rule applied.The NCAA has more rules than most have time for.
Last edited by Black Panther on Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

It'll be interesting to see whether Aldridge plays the 3 or 4 position for UC.

caglewis: lighten up scooter...I think everyone here is aware that Aldridge previuosly committed to UC.*

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

Go easy on her Art.She has spoke no wrong.

I'm sure you are from the South Webster region,so here goes my opinion.

First off the kid has problems,you know that or you are under a rock.
Kids look up to him,not just from S.W. but from all over.He has problems and until he decides to fix it,the problem will still be there.Someone needs to take the bull by the horns with this kid and get him straight!And yes I know they have tried.
Ive coached kids in all kinds of sports,and I love seeing those kids grow,mature and thrive in their adult lives.
I've coached kids like Brigham Waginger,Dennis Gagai and Brandon Walker,while they were young.I love reading the things these kids do,if its only for a liitle while,it brings a smile to my face.
THOSE,and the kids from other local schools like them are the ones the younger crowd needs to look up to.
I just hope the this kids sake it not just another thing thats swept under the carpet.
I hope you dont take this that I'm bashing Nick,because I'm not.
I hope to see him in the NBA someday,but to do that all the problems must be answered.

Never Give Up!
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

good luck to Nick, its always good to see local kids make it....

its all up to HIM, we know he has the talent..now he has to make the comitment.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Itownhosscat: I was responding to caglewis calling out the title of my thread ("he can't be 'back to UC' since he never actually went there in the first place."). I was not responding to what he/she said about Aldridge.*

I-Town Baller
Waterboy

Post by I-Town Baller »

Good Luck to Nick. I hope he gets it all together and I am glad to see him get another chance.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i was talkin to nick yesterday and he told me that he is tranferin to uc and will start there next week when they go back from christmas break

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

art_vandelay wrote:It'll be interesting to see whether Aldridge plays the 3 or 4 position for UC.

caglewis: lighten up scooter...I think everyone here is aware that Aldridge previuosly committed to UC.*

I'd say he will back up at the 4 UC is going to have Mike Williams and Yancy Gates at the 4 and Anthony Mcclain at the 5. I look for Gates at 6'10" to play some 5 spelling Mcclain which would give Aldridge time at the 4. The 3 position is pretty crowded with Darnell Wilks, Rashad Bishop, and Alvin Mitchell. If Croning gets enough bodies to press and play an up and down game there should be an opportunity for Aldridge to get substantial time.

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Just heard on WLWT News - Nick Aldridge is enrolled at the University of Cincinnati and attended class there today. Mick Cronin described his presence as "the appearance of more light at the end of the tunnel". Nick will not be eligible to play until 1 year from right now.
Coach Cronin stated that the first time Nick came to UC to talk to him, Nick was wearing a "Chad Johnson" jersey. Coach Cronin commented "Oh I didn't realize were already a Cincinnati boy", and Nick answered, "All my life - I've got Reds jerseys, too."

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

lets hope he does'nt follow the path of most Bengals !!!!! I'm a UC fan, hope he gets it together. MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .

Return to “College Sports”