Pryor Recruiting

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

This is why it is a terriable comparrison. The crime rate is what it is because of theft and burglary. I'll take that any day over assualt and murder!

I have been to both a bazillion times, tell me where I can find a ghetto in Ann Arbor, and than we will talk!

RiverRatZap
SEOPS

Post by RiverRatZap »

Just for the heck of it I went to http://www.bestplaces.net and compared crime rates. Here's what they have:

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Like I have said over and over, you have to look a little bit closer at the crime rate facts. First of all we are comparing two cities with populations that differ by 600,000. Secondly, we are comparing Columbus, and I am talking down town center of Columbus to down town center of Ann Arbor. Can anyone please tell me where there is a ghetto in Ann Arbor? No, you can't because there isn't one. I can tell you I have seen more than one in down town Columbus.

With that being said, Upper A, Dublin, etc, yeah they are great suburbs on the outscirts of Columbus that are beautiful, I agree. I am sure the crime rate in those mirror Ann Arbor, a lot of theft, burglary, property damage, etc. If you want to compare things such as murder and assult, than there is no comparison. Crime ratings arevery vague, and if you judge a city by how many thefts or proerty damage there is compared to
a city with murder than I'll take theft over murder any day.

2007 Total Murder Per 100,00 Aggrivated Assults
Ann Arbor 0 0 227

Burglaries Theft Vehichle Theft
631 2119 173
Murder PEr 100,000 AA
Columbus 104 14 1612

Burglaries THeft Vehichle Theft
14,816 30,882 6,400
LEast Dangerous Cities has Ann Arbor at 75th, while Columbus is 326.

Do you really want to continue debating which city is safer? I will take the ANn Arbor crime rates any day of the year.

http://annarbor.areaconnect.com/crime/c ... mbus&s2=OH

How much longer are we going to continue to discuss something that has little to do with sports. If Pryor said this, than good he can go to OSU, if not than we welcome him to Ann Arbor, great thing about free will, he can choose to say or do whatever he wants, doesn't always mean because he or you say it, it is true.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Back to the topic of sports. Pryor keeps a journal that is posted every week and in this weeks he discussed his Michigan trip and more importantly said this, "I made my official visit to the University of Michigan last weekend, but I didn't meet with the basketball coaches at all. I didn't have time, but it's looking more doubtful that I'll play basketball in college.

Now that I'm starting to get more realistic about this whole thing, I just think there's no way I could play both football and basketball. Just with school alone, I think there's no way I can do both. Plus, I'm going to want at least a little bit of time to myself.

I'm going to be pounding away at football [in college]. If I want to win a national title, I'm going to have to work out and lift weights in the offseason. Maybe even go over films. Plus, I'll want to chill a little. I don't know if I can do all that and play basketball.

I probably won't know definitely until I step on [college] campus. This is just me talking now, but there's a lot more doubt now about me playing basketball."

So the strong hold OSU fans used to have on well he can play both is no more.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

His uncle said he had made his decision before he had even visited Michigan.

Since the Michigan visit, every single committment in OSU's class say Pryor= Buckeye.

Nevadabuck on Scout said that the roommate situation had already been decided with Pryor. He said he was 99% sure Pryor to OSU.

A couple days ago, Nevadabuck posted a new thread that said "if you're a fan of Michigan, LSU, Oregon, PSU, or Pitt....time to feel bad about Pryor being a Buckeye."

Another person asked if he were more than 99% sure now, and NB said "yes."

Like I said before, he is taking money wagers with OSU against the field.

Oh, and he also said that Pryor's HS coach is completely out of the loop on this one. TP has left him out of the decision, but that Pryor's coach continues to be a source of information for other school's websites. Pryor's HS coach likes Michigan (mainly RR) and does not want him at OSU. Apparently, TP does not care what he thinks and has left him out.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

That all sounds good and dandy, but just because there is rumor that all of those kids want to room together and they are waiting for the fourth member means little. You want to talk about friends and connections, how about Steve Breaston who is his cousin, or Tony Clemons who is also his cousin and current WR and his roomie for the Michigan trip.

You could be right on with all of this, but why would he go to OSU and not run the spread? You can call what Smith ran a version of the spread, but it wasn't a true spread offense. We shall see though. Brandon Sayne nor Bennie are spread runningbacks, he can have McGuffie and Brown to hand off to who are more capable of fitting into that offense.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

Pryor has a nice little visit to michigan and went to a bball game where the crowd chanted his name when he came in and Charlie Batch in now Pryor's recturing helper and is an influence on his decsion

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

peake wrote:That all sounds good and dandy, but just because there is rumor that all of those kids want to room together and they are waiting for the fourth member means little. You want to talk about friends and connections, how about Steve Breaston who is his cousin, or Tony Clemons who is also his cousin and current WR and his roomie for the Michigan trip.

You could be right on with all of this, but why would he go to OSU and not run the spread? You can call what Smith ran a version of the spread, but it wasn't a true spread offense. We shall see though. Brandon Sayne nor Bennie are spread runningbacks, he can have McGuffie and Brown to hand off to who are more capable of fitting into that offense.

It isn't a rumor. Those guys have decided to room together. If Pryor backs out, that's just what it will be, him backing out of he told the others.

First of all, Clemons is a cousin by marriage. Why was Michigan not on Pryor's list before the RR coaching change? Obviously, Clemons means very little. Nevadabuck is in direct contact with OSU's committed recruits. They told him that the visit to Michigan only cemented his choice of OSU.

BTW, what OSU ran with Smith was the spread. RR runs the read-option. Also, Pryor has made it clear that he wants to be a QB in the NFL. How does Pat White look as a NFL QB? How many NFL teams run the read-option offense?

Also, it doesn't matter if Beanie is a spread RB because he will only be around one year. Also, Saine set the state record in the 100 meter dash, so I would say he is a spread RB. Especially when one considers that OSU only threw him the ball in the championship game.

You are also forgetting Boom Herron. He redshirted this year because of depth, but he is a scat back. Apparently JT couldn't wait to get him on the field, and that most feel he will be better than Saine. Saine just was better when the season started, and OSU did not want to burn Herron's redshirt.

OSU also has Lamaar "flash" Thomas committed, and OSU has told him he will get reps at RB. He is high on the rivals top 100 and was in the spread with Pryor at the AA game in San Antonio. He also ran an electronically timed 10.3 100 meter dash, which means 10.2 something hand-timed.

BTW, when Pryor comes in for his "package" at OSU next season, Maurice Wells will still be around as well.

JT and RR are different in every way. One way is that JT builds the offense around the strength of his current players. RR runs "his" offense and tries to fill in those spots. Pryor will be used correctly at OSU, and will learn to read defenses in the passing game, unlike Pat White.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

First of all Michgian was his early fav going into the recruiting process. Why would Pryor want to go to Michigan and sit behind Ryan Mallett. So you Clemons analogy is bogous.

Rich Rod ran the spread with Shawn King while offensive coordinator at Tulane. He runs a version of the spread that best fits the QB's abilities.

Why would Pryor go to OSU if he wants to be in the league as a QB? Cough Cough Tom Brady.

ANyways, you may have me and the rest of the nation totally stumped.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Tom Brady sucked at Michigan. What other recent QB's from Michigan have done much of anything?

Also, what you said about Michigan being the early favorite is totally false. He has even said that Troy Smith is his favorite college football player, and that OSU was his favorite team growing up. He was considered an OSU lock from the beginning.

Next of all, why would Pryor think he would sit behind Mallet? If he is as good as everyone thinks he is, he will start early in his career anywhere he goes.

Who did Pryor spend all of his time with in San Antonio? Mike Brewster (who he moved in with as soon as the injured Brewster arrived), JB Shugarts (who has messaged me on Facebook about Pryor being "all buckeye"), Jake Stoneburner, Devier Posey, Entienne Sabino, and Lamaar Thomas. At one point, Brewster yelled, "Hey Buckeyes, get over here" and Pryor came along with the other OSU guys.

It amazes me how everyone thinks they "know better" for Terrelle Pryor and how he "should" choose Michigan. You know what, friends matter. Favorite childhood team matters. Meeting Troy Smith (your favorite) matters. The personal relationship with the coach matters. Just being comfortable with a certain place matters. Those are all things that people are ignoring. All they think about is "starting immediately" and "RichRod's offense."

The day Michigan hired RRod, I asked JB Shugarts (who is known to speak daily with TP) about the threat of Michigan. Here is what he sent me the next day when he responded:

:"man, i just like coach T way better than rrod :-D " -Pryor

Those who are trying to logically decide this for Pryor may be stumped, but the guys who know him will not be stumped when he signs with OSU.

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

peake wrote: Why would Pryor go to OSU if he wants to be in the league as a QB? Cough Cough Tom Brady.

I dont think there could be a bigger difference in offenses when comparing what Brady ran in college and what Rich Rod will have his team running up there.

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

"Let's take a walk way back in time, and remember what Terrelle Pryor said long, long ago......

1) He said he grew up following Ohio State football......

2) He said he wanted to play close to his father, who is in ill health......

3) He has stated consistently that his goal is to better himself as a player, and be succesful in the NFL.....

SO given these facts.......he then.....

a) camps at Ohio State(his only camp visit)

b) visits Ohio State unofficially(numerous times)

c) visits Ohio State for the Wiski Game(his only in season Official Visit)

When he visits he sees the newly renovated WHAC and Stadium--which puts Ohio State at the top of the food chain from a facilities perspective....

He also, befriends nearly EVERY member of the incoming recruiting class and stays in regular contact.....

and so given this pattern of behavior, one would conclude that Ohio State would have to "buy" this kid??????? pleeezzeeeeeee

I have posted this before, but it would be far far far far far far more sinister if Pryor ended up ANYWHERE else---given the fact that he has NEVER SET FOOT ON THE CAMPUS until either recently(Michigan) or NEVER(Oregon)......

frankly, I understand why we don't get more kids from California--or Texas--or Florida etc etc etc BUT a "dual threat" quarterback from Pittsburgh who wants to stay close to HOME, who wants to get to the next level, and wants to win NC's ????? PLEEZEEE we should win this battle--EVERY TIME......

not sure how any other fanbase can not see that we have been the "chalk" for this guy for a LONG time.....and for Tom Beaver to make innuendo just shows me how desperate those fools from up north have become.......

END OF RANT....."

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I am really confused as to why we even talk about this topic. I mean you talk with the kid daily, why not just get him on the phone, well do a live streaming internet call where we can all hear it here first.

Mallett would have started even if Pryor were there next season. (given RR were not the coach)

I have been through the recruiting process I know exactly how it works, and I know feeling comfortable with the staff, teammates, etc mean more than just the name.

Stranger things have happend you know, kids change their minds, or really just don't have their minds made up. Jai Eugen who was a lock to Michigan changes his mind two years ago and stays in state with LSU. Ronald Johnson was seen at every single UM game, was best friends with Vince Helmuth (fr. FB), and was said to already talked to Helmuth about rooming, he ends up at USC.

We shall see...

btw, Brady by no means sucked at UM.

His senior season they went 11-2 and beat Alabama in the orange bowl where he threw for 3 td's in a come back win. Against the Buckeye's he lead's UM to a come form behind win.

Junior Year: 61.1% Completion 15 TD’s 12 INT 2636 Yards
Senior Year: 62.8% Completion 20 TD’s 5 INT 2586 Yards

Let's not forget UM had the A Train at the time and was a run first offense.

Senior Year, during his first full year as starter, he set Michigan records for most pass attempts (350) and completions in a season (214).[9] Brady was All-Big Ten (honorable mention) both seasons and team captain his senior year. The Wolverines won 20 of 25 games when he started and shared the Big Ten Conference title in 1998. Brady capped that season off with a win over Arkansas in the Citrus Bowl. In the 1999 season, Brady led Michigan to an overtime win in the Orange Bowl over Alabama, throwing for 369 yards and four touchdowns.

Since 1990, every University of Michigan Quarterback has been in the NFL. Michigan Alums Elvis Grbac, Todd Collins, Scott Dreisbach, Brian Griese, Drew Henson, and John Navarre have all played on Sundays

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

One more thing, bad talk Chad Heene all you want, but he will go higher in the draft than your Heisman winning QB Troy SMith.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

last thing, forgot Harbaugh

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I didn't say I speak to him. I have sent messages back and forth with those who know him.

Second, Nevadabuck has been wrong before, but he has never been this flat out cocky before either. HE IS WAGERING HIS OWN MONEY.

He said "note before you bet against me, I MAY HAVE DIRECT INFO ;-)

Guess we'll all see what he does on Feb 6 at 12 on one of the ESPN stations.

Jake Stonebuner's dad, "buckcrazy!" on Bucknuts, says absolute lock for OSU as well. But then again, his son is one of the roommates, waiting on their 4th member to arrive. What does he know?

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

You can be the first one to tell us all I told you so if it happends than.

Kids do change or not have their minds made up all the time. When I went on recruiting trips one of the guys that I flat out played on the same team with said he was coming to Tiffin, ended up at Glenville State.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

peake wrote:You can be the first one to tell us all I told you so if it happends than.

Kids do change or not have their minds made up all the time. When I went on recruiting trips one of the guys that I flat out played on the same team with said he was coming to Tiffin, ended up at Glenville State.

Dude. I agree with you on this. I am simply saying that it would take a "change of the mind" for Pryor to go elsewhere. It would have to happen within the next week and a half or so. Sure, he could change his mind. If it changes for Oregon, then I'm going to wonder about Nike's role in the decision.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

peake wrote:Since 1990, every University of Michigan Quarterback has been in the NFL. Michigan Alums Elvis Grbac, Todd Collins, Scott Dreisbach, Brian Griese, Drew Henson, and John Navarre have all played on Sundays

peake you just don't get it right now. Yes Michigan has always put QB's into the NFL but this is a different Michigan with RR at the helm. UM has always ran a pro-style offense but RR does not run this system. As you know he runs the read-option. How many teams in the NFL run the read-option? This offense does not prepare QB's for the NFL and just because it's being ran at UM now doesn't mean it will change! With this system in place I guarantee you will see less and less QB's from Michigan going to the NFL. Tressel runs more of a pro-style offense, therefore if Pryor wants to play in the NFL then OSU would be the better choice over UM.

brutally honest
Varsity

Post by brutally honest »

peake wrote:One more thing, bad talk Chad Heene all you want, but he will go higher in the draft than your Heisman winning QB Troy SMith.

wow you're a michigan fan but you cant even spell the last name of your qb from the past few years? :oops: :shock: :?: people up north ;-)

Return to “College Sports”