Pryor Recruiting

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

peake wrote:Ok now lets see some stats of the OSU QB's.

Brady has won 3 Super Bowls, 2 SB MVPS, and looking to win another after smashing every passing record. You can say he sucked in college all you want but he didn't.

Greise has been to a Pro Bowl, has been a quality starter and backup, more than I can say for any OSU QB in say what the last 15 years.

Harbaugh took the Colts to a game away from getting to the Super Bowl, he was nice.

Todd Collins has been a quality backup, Navaree was a CLipboard holder, but he made it at least, and Henson made the mistake of going to play pro baseball instead of coming back to Michigan for his senior year.

Now tell me one OSU QB who has had any success in the NFL. If you say Krenzel I will laugh my a$$ off!

What you are failing to grasp here is that Rich Rod coached ZERO of these guys. He runs a completely different system than ole Lloyd did. His system is not going to produce nearly that many NFL QB's. This isnt a matter of the University of Meechigan being able to put guys into the NFL, its Rich Rod's program.

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I think you all are not grasping the concept of the resources that are now available to RR. This is not WV, he doesn't have to turn a WR into aQB, he can find Vick type of guys who can both run and pass. RR will do an excellent job of carrying on the great Michigan tradition. Yes Smith won a Heisman, but obviously it hasn't done much for him at the next level either. He is there, and for the luck of him he was able to start do to injuries in front of him. RR also coached a guy named Shawn King, last time I checked he was ok at the next level.

Seriously, those guys named would be what 4th on UM's list. Henne will also make a splash at the next level.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

btw, RR has already landed a top 5 kid for next season. Will Campbell, who was the MVP of the Dlineman at the junior Army all american combine.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

peake wrote:I think you all are not grasping the concept of the resources that are now available to RR. This is not WV, he doesn't have to turn a WR into aQB, he can find Vick type of guys who can both run and pass. RR will do an excellent job of carrying on the great Michigan tradition.

Again peake this SYSTEM that RR runs now is NOT an NFL QB producing system. Yes he had Shaun King at Tulane but RR was not the head man there. Yes RR ran the offense but I'm sure he didn't have total control on the guys he wanted running his system that he ran at WVU. The type of QB's that RR wants are the Pat Whites of the world, which there aren't many of them, and those types are not NFL QB's. The Michigan QB's of the past will not be anywhere near the same as the Michigan QB's of the future and if you don't realize that then you are seriously on something!

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Everyone skipped this earlier, so I'll repost:

1994-2000: Don Nehlen had 21 players drafted from WVU

2001-2007: Rich Rod had 7 players drafted from WVU

That is the same amount of years, from the same school, with the same resources. RRod develops system players.

This is not apples to apples like above but JT has had 53 players drafted from 2001-2007.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

peake wrote:I think you all are not grasping the concept of the resources that are now available to RR. This is not WV, he doesn't have to turn a WR into aQB, he can find Vick type of guys who can both run and pass. RR will do an excellent job of carrying on the great Michigan tradition. Yes Smith won a Heisman, but obviously it hasn't done much for him at the next level either. He is there, and for the luck of him he was able to start do to injuries in front of him. RR also coached a guy named Shawn King, last time I checked he was ok at the next level.

Seriously, those guys named would be what 4th on UM's list. Henne will also make a splash at the next level.

Yeah, SHAUN king had what, one breakout year with the Bucs AFTER he started due to an injury to the first string qb--but he's a pretty good analyst for ESPN first take, I will give him that. haha

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

buckeye21 wrote:
peake wrote:I think you all are not grasping the concept of the resources that are now available to RR. This is not WV, he doesn't have to turn a WR into aQB, he can find Vick type of guys who can both run and pass. RR will do an excellent job of carrying on the great Michigan tradition.

Again peake this SYSTEM that RR runs now is NOT an NFL QB producing system. Yes he had Shaun King at Tulane but RR was not the head man there. Yes RR ran the offense but I'm sure he didn't have total control on the guys he wanted running his system that he ran at WVU. The type of QB's that RR wants are the Pat Whites of the world, which there aren't many of them, and those types are not NFL QB's. The Michigan QB's of the past will not be anywhere near the same as the Michigan QB's of the future and if you don't realize that then you are seriously on something!

i argree if i get what your saying but i think i do.

Your saying the past QBs the pro style are better in college and in the nfl than the future triple spread opiton qbs

well if thats so yea i agree

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Just saw Devoe Torrance will not sign with OSU, they pulled his scholly.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

peake wrote:Just saw Devoe Torrance will not sign with OSU, they pulled his scholly.

His freedom might be pulled next.

RamRodBulldogs44
Varsity

Post by RamRodBulldogs44 »

What happened with Torrance? Also, just checked espn this morning Pryor still has OSU #1 and UM #2. This is going to be very interesting in the next few days.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

is he just going to do basketball until signing day or is he doing more recruitng trips

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Listen to this....

Both JT and RR will be at this game Saturday, and both will do his in home the same night, wow! RR is bringing his entire offensive staff to the in home with him.

UM just picked up Verbal #19 from former Tennessee Commit JT Floyd. Floyd is a 6'0 190, DB/S. He is rated as a 4 star and the #9 safety in the land.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

good

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

RamRodBulldogs44 wrote:What happened with Torrance? Also, just checked espn this morning Pryor still has OSU #1 and UM #2. This is going to be very interesting in the next few days.

Just google Massilon Washington Ohio and Sex. You should be able to find an article. If not, check the thread on OSU's class of 2008.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I really think that he will pick oh god do I have to say it Michigan. He knows as well as we all do that he would be better in a spread offense.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Word on BJ Daniels is that he wants some ca$h for his services. RR and company dropped him in a heart beat, we'll see in a few days who is the highest bidder so to speake.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

I hope he gets reported

he is dumb

crafty left-hander
Freshman Team

Post by crafty left-hander »

Word has it on the rivals Ohio State recruiting site from a very reliable souce that Pryor and Batch will be on Ohio State's campus tomorrow taking one last visit. Sounds pretty good in Ohio State's favor!

RamRodBulldogs44
Varsity

Post by RamRodBulldogs44 »

YES YES YES!!!

whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

pryor is driving a new car. I think who ever gets pryor will end up in trouble with the ncaa

Return to “College Sports”