WILL WE EVER SEE COLD WEATHER BOWL GAMES.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WILL WE EVER SEE COLD WEATHER BOWL GAMES.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

if they can play a bowl game in boise, idaho. in 20 degree weather, why not in big venues like ohio state, michigan, penn state, tennessee. stadiums that will hold 112,000 people. instead of 55,000 to 65,000. why should penn state play texas a&m, in san antonio. ohio state play lsu, in the national championship game in nearby new orleans. just several examples to ponder. illinois vs. usc, in the trojans home stadium. the games are set up , for sec, texas teams, and california teams to win. you say they need to be at exotic locations , so it seems like a vacation. WHAT DID THEY DO IN BOISE, IDAHO :?: . GO TO THE POTATO RACES.
I'M SO SICK OF THESE INJUSTICES. --------- WHAT DO YOU THINK :?:

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

my thoughts are that if u bring the likes of USC, Florida, and LSU to play where its cold they would get beat cause theyre not used to the elements, they dont know what its like to play in a cold rainy/snowy environment like OSU, Mich, and WVU

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

thank you, my thoughts exactly. let a team from florida or louisiana play outdoors here, in our weather. it takes 10 days just for your blood to thicken up in cold weather, or thin out in warm weather. whats fair about that.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I do not think we will and the number one reason I think this is it is a money thing.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

money have you tried to purchase a buckeye ticket lately. the next level the kids jolt for at the first chance they get have to be able to play in the cold weather games across the board. ;-)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

The southern teams and the far west teams are just a bunch of wimps.

It wouldn't be too bad if the Northern teams, when playing a Southern team played the game out west and when playing the Western teams they played in the south. They still would be playing in warm weather but it wouldn't be in their back yard.

Maybe they can start giving the Northern teams seven points on the board before the game starts :lol:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

if it's a money thing, they can put 112,000 AIS, IN PLACES LIKE OHIO STATE , PENN STATE AND MICHIGAN. TWICE AS MANY SEATS-------TRY AGAIN. ------ LOCATION-what kind of vacation spot is boise , idaho. you can ski, in a bunch of states. :shock: :shock: :shock: there was a bowl game there, 20 degrees.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Nope, unless it is in a dome like Detroit.

I think the city of Pittsburgh should start a bowl and have it in Heinz Field on January 1. Call it the USS Steel Bowl. Have a guaranteed payout of at least $2 million dollars per team to start out. There is enough TV money out there to pull it off. But you have to get teams with a fan base that will travel. One of the big reasons the Cotton Bowl has dropped from the class of a major bowl is because the weather in Dallas on January 1 is very iffy at times and they don't get fans that travel well if the weather is suspect.

I went to the Citrus Bowl to watch Ohio State and Tennesse play when Eddie George won the Heisman and the weather was very bad. It started to rain the night before the game and poured during the first half. It let up some in the second half, but it was a bad day to sit and watch football, especially traveling that far and spending that type of money. Lucky for the bowl they had 2 teams that traveled well with big fan bases.

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

I think bowl games in the conditions at Lambeau Field yesterday would be fun to watch. Yesterdays game was an important playoff game and the conditions just made it more entertaining.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

^^^^^
Agreed.

NO team is prepared for that. Would be exciting to watch no matter who plays.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Man, I have never heard so much whining in all my life since OSU lost in the national championship game. Get over it! :mad: At least you can be proud of the fact that they at least got to be in the game. OSU made it to the game two years in a row, that's huge! They should be right back in the thick of things next year. I bet a lot of D I schools would be glad to trade places with the Buckeyes the past two years AND have the caliber of players returning for next season. They simply were beaten by a better team the past two years, no disrespect intended. Support your team and stop all the whining about could've, should've and would've.

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

Alabama, you are missing the point. It is not about this year's NCG. It is about moving the NCG around the country like the Super Bowl so that other areas of the country can benefit. Right now it is only the South and Southwest that benefit from the game. Moving the MLB All Star game around is kinda the same thing.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I am all for southern schools playing in the north, no matter the time of year. Heck, I think it would be great idea to have another bowl game in the north, (Motor City Bowl).

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

hold it columbus between the mighty bucks , THE mighty bucks from THE OSU , and matchem' up against another MAC team that they have'nt played yet (if there is any) and call it the WHINY bowl. LOL !!!! Just don't schedule the sec ---that is'nt workin out too well. WOE and 9 ! Or play one of those other big ten powerhouse's. Pass the cheese and crackers MD

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

If we are going to play bowl games in the North they don't need to be in Domes. Michigan Stadium seats 112,000, I'd see no reason they wouldn't fill up, or how about BEaver Stadium 107, 000, or the Shoe another over 100,000 +. You want to talk money take all your bowls in the south and multily it by two!

Now the point all these guys are getting at is how fair would it be if USC had to come to COlumbus or Ann Arbor every year to play? Than why is it that UM, OSU, etc always head west to play in USC's backyard? The Capital One Bowl was in Orlando, so FLorida is a practical home team again!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

[quote="peake"]If we are going to play bowl games in the North they don't need to be in Domes. Michigan Stadium seats 112,000, I'd see no reason they wouldn't fill up, or how about BEaver Stadium 107, 000, or the Shoe another over 100,000 +. You want to talk money take all your bowls in the south and multily it by two!------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ NOW YOU ARE GETTING MY POINT THESE STADIUMS HOLD 112,000 PEOPLE, TWICE AS MANY. NOT SAYING A HOME TEAM, SHOULD PLAY IN IT'S OWN STADIUM, JUST BALANCED TRAVEL, AND INCOME OPPORTUNITY. SAY OHIO STATE PLAYS VIRGINIA IN PENN STATE STADIUM FOR EXAMPLE. EQUAL TRAVEL. MORE AIS. NOT LIKE PENN STATE/ TEXAS A&M, IN SAN ANTONIO. GET IT. ;-)

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ManitouDan wrote:hold it columbus between the mighty bucks , THE mighty bucks from THE OSU , and matchem' up against another MAC team that they have'nt played yet (if there is any) and call it the WHINY bowl. LOL !!!! Just don't schedule the sec ---that is'nt workin out too well. WOE and 9 ! Or play one of those other big ten powerhouse's. Pass the cheese and crackers MD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MD, GROW UP ALREADY. :oops: :oops: :oops:

mhs82
Freshman Team

Post by mhs82 »

ManitouDan wrote:hold it columbus between the mighty bucks , THE mighty bucks from THE OSU , and matchem' up against another MAC team that they have'nt played yet (if there is any) and call it the WHINY bowl. LOL !!!! Just don't schedule the sec ---that is'nt workin out too well. WOE and 9 ! Or play one of those other big ten powerhouse's. Pass the cheese and crackers MD

As long at we stay away from those scary Sun Belt teams the SEC plays.

kevbk6222
JV Team

Post by kevbk6222 »

Bowl games (besides the National Championship) are just as much vacations

nobody want to go on vacation to Boise, Idaho

add three locations: Detroit, St. Louis, and New York City (Madison Square Garden if there is enough seeting)

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

kevbk6222 wrote:Bowl games (besides the National Championship) are just as much vacations

nobody want to go on vacation to Boise, Idaho

add three locations: Detroit, St. Louis, and New York City (Madison Square Garden if there is enough seeting)

Madison Square Garden!!! What????? It's a basketball arena. Maybe if they changed the rules for one of the bowl games and made it into an Arena style football game. The MSG Bowl would be pretty sweet! :lol:

Return to “College Sports”