Don't put this on the Big Ten

Orestes
S

Don't put this on the Big Ten

Post by Orestes »

Wisconsin played Tennessee well, and Michigan beat UF. This is all OSU dropping passes, getting dumb penalties, and just flat out pissing down their legs. Ugh. This is all OSU.

RamRodBulldogs44
Varsity

Post by RamRodBulldogs44 »

This honestly baffles me. I can't believe OSU is playing this poorly.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

orestes: great call....Kentucky and Arkansas were average teams that not only played well against LSU, but beat them. OSU is choking again...plain and simple. No reason to pin this debacle on the rest of the Big 10*

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Don't put this on the Big Ten

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Orestes wrote:Wisconsin played Tennessee well, and Michigan beat UF. This is all OSU dropping passes, getting dumb penalties, and just flat out pissing down their legs. Ugh. This is all OSU.

you really think they are gonna let a out of state team come into the superdome and beat lsu for a national title. i don't think so

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The whole set up is unfair but this is the system the cold weather teams are forced to play in.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Throwing on 3rd and 2 with a great RB, dropping a sure TD pass, roughing the punter, and multiple dumb penalties. Just ridiculous.

Not to mention a LSU play ending with 1:05 left in the 3rd and somehow it takes forever to spot the ball, and the game goes to the 4th. What the hell?
Last edited by Orestes on Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigtimehitter
All Conference

Post by bigtimehitter »

Orestes wrote:Throwing on 3rd and 2 with a great RB, dropping a sure TD pass, roughing the punter, and multiple dumb penalties. Just ridiculous.

nobody can argue that. Not even the biggest Buckeye haters.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

If your going to go for it on 4th down run the ball on 3rd. Bad coaching call on Tress part IMO.

jblanton15
Waterboy

Post by jblanton15 »

What orestes said are good reasons for why ohio state lost. Saying its unfair to cold weather teams is a lame excuse.

"When you get 2 dogs, all you have are 2 dogs."- My Grandma
hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

The better team won,period. No excuse.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

hoot wrote:The better team won,period. No excuse.
Yes they did!

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

hoot wrote:The better team won,period. No excuse.

Yeah. LSU is a team with 25 seniors, while OSU has 5 with three of them being fullbacks. I think that seniority showed out there tonight.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:The whole set up is unfair but this is the system the cold weather teams are forced to play in.

Superdome temp 72 degrees

Columbus Oh temp on Jan 7 08 70 degrees

don't give me the dome was a disadvantage

Once again OSU was outclassed and outplayed

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Yeah, the whole conference is reflected in this loss. This sets the Big Ten back with both Ohio State and Illinois losing BCS games.

I hate to say this but the Buckeyes just got outplayed even though they outgained the Tigers 353 yds to 329 yds.

Turnovers (Buckeyes 3 Tigers 1) and 3rd down eff. Buckeyes 3-12 Tigers 11-18 are the main reason that I see.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

This does not set the Big Ten back at all. OSU has played in back to back National Titles, that accounts for something. OSU was not shown up by better athlete's, nor did LSU have more speed. It came down to poor play calling, why go away from the run when you are running it down thier throat's? It came down to poor tackling and bad angels being taken, and lack of a deep threat on the outside. That showed clear back in November. When OSU played Illinois and Michigan, it showed they had no deep threat.

Michigan beat Florida, and it should have been worse. Wisconsin was a possesion away from taking down Tennessee.

The Big Ten is fine!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

No, the Big 10 is not fine. Another losing bowl season 3-5 and none of the wins were impressive. Michigan beat Florida but not the same Florida team that won last years national title. A decent win that will help with recruiting but not a "stop the presses" win.

Purdue over Central Michigan - PLEASE!!!

Penn State over Texas A&M - as expected.

Wisconson should have beat Tennessee, as should have Michigan State over an overrated Boston College team, IMO. I can see Indiana losing to Oklahoma State and the same goes for Illinois losing to a much better USC.

The Big 10 is dropping in the national eyes as one of the top 3 conferences after this bowl season.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

POOR TACKLING :!: :!: :!:

osu couldn't have touched WVU the other night 8)

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

^^^^^

That may be true, but we will not know this year.

tubby
Varsity

Post by tubby »

^^^^^^^^^

Also true, cause WVU choked :oops:

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

^^^^^

Agreed.

Return to “College Sports”