Camden Miller and Michael Porrini leave Western Carolina

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Camden Miller and Michael Porrini leave Western Carolina

Post by Mad-Dogg »

freshman cam miller and michael porrini leave the Catamount program. accordin to a statement from the the head coach they were suspended indefinitely on Friday. the article also says chose not to accept the suspensions.

makes you wonder what is goin on down there. first nick now cam and mike

http://catamountsports.cstv.com/sports/ ... 08aaa.html

I-Town Baller
Waterboy

Post by I-Town Baller »

I think Coach Hunter needs to get some very good recruits and he needs to get the program back in wack. The program is starting to lose discipline for him.

sportsfanatic3
Waterboy

Post by sportsfanatic3 »

Mad Dogg:

What's going on down there? First off, look at the situations. Do you honestly believe it's something the coaches did? Ask around and find out why all these players are no longer on the team. Then re-ask yourself whats going on down there. The problem is certain kids' tempers/attitudes now days. They constantly think they're bigger than the program, and they only care about themselves.

All of these received the punishment's they deserved, and thats a stone cold fact.

The Fan
Waterboy

Post by The Fan »

Larry Hunter is running HIS program. Most college coaches are going to have rules that must be followed, when they are not, the players will be in the coaches doghouse. Doesn't suprise me that Nick and Cam didn't make it. Not many players from Scioto Co/Southeast district have made it at the college level the last 10 to 15 years. I'm sure if these two decide to live by the rules that a coach puts down, they will get another chance. Both of these players had problems in High School that seem to have followed them to college.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Everyone is making blame on the school for these players leaving....they had to do something wrong to get in trouble to begin with. BUT here is a better question...why doesn't anybody make topics on how good Wagginger is doing at the same schools these three kids left anyone ever thought of that.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Tartanblue wrote:Everyone is making blame on the school for these players leaving....they had to do something wrong to get in trouble to begin with. BUT here is a better question...why doesn't anybody make topics on how good Wagginger is doing at the same schools these three kids left anyone ever thought of that.

You've made this statement on two seperate threads, but yet you haven't started one about Waginger either.

Practice what you preach.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Always nice to see local players succeed at the next level.

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Can you spell (PARTY)

Pocket Aces
S

Post by Pocket Aces »

Porrini seemed like a pretty legit talent.

Post by Karma »

Why did Cam leave?
Last edited by Karma on Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

No, I have not started topics on Wagginger at WCU. But it seems to me like everyone on here is wanting to blame the University for local players leaving. They all had to do something to get suspended and it was their decision to leave the team.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Karma wrote:makes you wonder, did barrick 'baby' cam at the burg? let him get away with whatever he wanted to do, just because he was cam and because he was taking him to the final 4??? now at the next level coach hunter could care less what cam did in the past, its you follow my rules or hit the road. you do drugs, you skip classes, you do anything like that, you are suspended. none of this 'i'll turn my head' attitude. could this be a reason why cam has his current attitude? honest questions to any and all burg fans

Got news for ya Karma, Coach Barrick 'babies' nobody, everyone has an equal rearend and he does not mind chewing a player out when needed.

I know the two players were suspended, they did not accept the decision and they are no longer a part of the team. I wish them well as they move on in the decision they made. College sports, even at the lowest levels is a business.

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

Whe were they suspended????

downtown22
Waterboy

Post by downtown22 »

I have seen all 4 player play throughout their high school career, for their respective programs. It does not surprise me that Nick and Cam were suspended, and then quit. I think the problem today is, kids are the star of their high school team, and then get thrown into a D-1 situtation where they might have to wait their turn. And make some bad decisions because they are now under the radar. Although Nick did come in and play right away. The kids have the world at their hands, they are playing D-1 ball, and most of all getting free or partially paid education. Im glad Nick will get the chance to play again at Cincy, but it makes you wonder if he can last there, being in an urban setting, where drugs and violence is an everyday occurance.

It does not surprise me one bit that Wagginger is making it. And i think with the departure of Nick, Cam, and Mike he will only benefit from it. I dont know the kids on a personal level, but it seemed that from watching him play for Ironton and they transfer and play for South Webster and hanging with Nick, he got more of an attitude and thug like persona. I dont know if that was him before and i just saw it more at SW. or if Nick had some effect on him.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

I beg to differ on the "Thug-like attitude"Brigham had.
Ive known this kid for a very long time.I have never known him to be anything but polite.

Never Give Up!
favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

While Brigham was at South Webster he was never "thug-like"!! He was very polite and very well liked by everyone.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I have seen Big play through his high scool carreer, and even sit close enough whrere I could hear him talking to other teamates and students before his games, he talked to everyone and anyone that stopp;ed to say hello..even the little kids,,and was nothing but polite to all of them.

in no way does "thug " ever discribe him.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

I think your on to something!

Never Give Up!
RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

I've been following Brig since he was in grade school. He has always been a gentleman. One of those kids you hope your kid is like when he grows up. Brig is a role model for all the young kids. I see him come home at times and the little kids flock around him and he loves the attention, as much as they love him. Every time I see Brig he not only give me a handshake but also that little hug, he is never ashamed to share. We went and saw Brig play in Dayton last year at the UD Arena and he made it a point after the game to come out and thank us for coming to watch him play. That's the way this young man is. I think Itownhosscat and myself have coached enough kids in our lifetime, that we know Class when we see it.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

As for Brig,a short story.
My son has played against and with him in baseball in Little League.
My son had a long stay in Childrens Hospital(bonemarrow transplant)
Brig and his mom were up there for his eye exam,and stopped by to see him.In the short time my son lived on this earth there were a few kids he truly looked up to.Brigham was one of those kids.Like Shane(my son)Brigham wasn't too "old" to spend time or give time to the younger kids.
For anyone to say the things that were said earlier,well I say they have never talked or spent time with him.

Never Give Up!

Return to “College Sports”