11-4-17 OHIO STATE @ IOWA. YOUR THOUGHTS HERE.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Re: 11-4-17 OHIO STATE @ IOWA. YOUR THOUGHTS HERE.

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:44 pm They need to keep the momentum going on offense and defense. For crying out loud put starters in on kickoff return if need be....just field the darn thing!

Kickoff is nothing more that staying in your lane, running through blocks and solid tackling. The backups who are on that unit are still on OSU schollys and this shouldn't be a problem after week 8.
This is very true. They are getting that egukation to play at OSU now do your darn job!

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:44 pm They need to keep the momentum going on offense and defense. For crying out loud put starters in on kickoff return if need be....just field the darn thing!

Kickoff is nothing more that staying in your lane, running through blocks and solid tackling. The backups who are on that unit are still on OSU schollys and this shouldn't be a problem after week 8.
PREACH ON BROTHER. OUR KICKOFF COVERAGE IS ATROCIOUS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Very bad! I mean saquon is a heckuva return man. but it was'nt just him

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Iowa has beaten the bad teams they played. And lost closely to the good ones's just hope they don't play us as good lol

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

The Bucks also have to overcome the pink locker room.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

farmer wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:24 pm The Bucks also have to overcome the pink locker room.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

farmer wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:24 pm The Bucks also have to overcome the pink locker room.
Some team needs to bring their school colors in and repaint it during the game.

Probably already has been done a few times.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that is crazy I heard them say one time pink is a calming soothing, mellowing color. there's a joke there somewhere, but I hain't bold enough.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:09 am that is crazy I heard them say one time pink is a calming soothing, mellowing color. there's a joke there somewhere, but I hain't bold enough.
I like jokes!

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I have heard Logan's old Auditorium on the hilltop was once pink. They called it the pink pavilion :lol:

Rumble78
Waterboy

Post by Rumble78 »

Ohio State 45-31.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Rumble78 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:37 pm Ohio State 45-31.
31?? No way!

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

smurray wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:57 pm
Rumble78 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:37 pm Ohio State 45-31.
31?? No way!
My thoughts also they may hit 21 thou

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

the Hawkeyes had the nittany lions beat in Iowa City earlier this fall but let it slip away.....the buckeyes don't come out firing on all cylinders they could fins their selves in a dog fight.......they need to make this one out of reach early for the playoff rankings..

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

yes they did country.and I agree with you 100 percent, anybody playing the buckeyes they will give their best effort and most energy, and we have to be prepared for any and everything. and I could not agree more. they need to show the committee that the penn state game was not a fluke, they had hiccups early. but you have to consider new coaches and co-ordinators. new schemes, and all new secondaries the past several years. you will have growing pains, and Oklahoma is still one of the best teams in the country. and we knocked the dog crap out of them last year in boomer sooner land and they were still smarting from a tom herman lad Houston team beeyotch slapping them. and they heard about the 2 all last year I'm sure. iowa is a tough place to play a football game, and the stadium is built that way. and kirt ferencze and hayden fry are as workmanlike as you can be building a slobberknocker program. so they have their big boy drawers on. and ain't afraid to stand toe to toe with the buckeyes. this will be a national championship game to the hawkeyes. and the bucks have to punch em right in the jib right off the bat and drill them to the ground and into submission early.

ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Urban and company if possible need to hit 70 every game lol

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I hate to admit it, but the committee has made a mockery of style points. and I hate that, because it forces teams to leave starters in when the are beating an opponent soundly. it also risks injuries to starters, and keeps other team mates from getting playing time. what exactly did you accomplish if you're 35 points up on an opponent, and somebody like holmes, bosa, jk dobbins, weber, or barrett goes down. especially if it's a serious injury. and you were comfortably ahead and should have had backups in getting playing time. I mean we're talking ohio state here, not appy state. we can go 3/4 deep and hardly miss a beat.in situations like this where a committee has to pick 4 teams at the end of the season, and for other bowl matchups, the point spread of a victory is sadly the first thing they view as important in my opinion. and that's really quite a farce in reality. so in that respect I don't care for style points. just like urban playing say Rutgers. chris ash, the Rutgers coach was one of urban's coaches a couple of years ago. so they obviously get along. then you have to beat them by 50 to keep your current slot in the polls. imagine the bind that puts urban in after the game at the handshake. to buddies can become enemies really quick.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

The fix? 8 team playoff. If you're down around the 7-10 area, you have no beef if you don't make that cutoff

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Bait I remember when Bucky Barry was on the selection committee he said large margin of victories were low on their priority list against inferior competition and that quality of opponent was way more important. So I wouldn't worry about that too much if he wasn't lying. I think the polls care more about that stuff than they do and the committee is all that counts if you want a national championship. D&C your right I been saying it for years 8 teams is the only fair way to do it so nobody worthy gets left out like in so many past years. All undefeated and one loss teams most likely would be in and you wouldn't have conference champs being left out like last year. If you lose two games and don't win your conference you don't deserve it! The powers that be seem to think all worthy teams are in now :roll: Now that I think about it I guess it would be possible for one or two 2 loss teams sneaking in due to attrition and making other two loss teams upset, in that case it should all come down to SOS to determine who gets in. They really need a point system like the OHSAA uses that way nobody can blame anyone.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I actually think 8 teams is what needs to happen. look at penn state last year.

Return to “College Sports”