S

Re: We Are The Champions!!!!

Post by fightingtigers45 »

This is sad this is a topic and being celebrated

someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

What is sad is that Boy wonder couldnt get the Gators in the title game this year. Good season. Your conference Champion was 4-12 in league. Nice job.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Not a bad year for the young Bucks who really hit their stride in this tourney that no SEC team could even make it to the finals of. :-D

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Congrats to the 2008 NIT Champions Ohio State Buckeyes !!

fightingtigers45
S

someoverkill wrote:What is sad is that Boy wonder couldnt get the Gators in the title game this year. Good season. Your conference Champion was 4-12 in league. Nice job.

The SEC got 6 teams in...The Big Ten?...Four...

I couldnt care less about Florida this season...They werent supposed to make the tournament going into the season, and they didnt...What do you expect from a team without a senior and only having one junior?...Do you expect them to win the National Championship every year?...If you do, youre crazy...

Ohio State won the NIT...Their season was garbage also...There is ZERO room to brag from any Ohio State fans when it comes to basketball...Give me an accomplishment since I have been alive (1989)...The 98 Final Four?...Thats about it

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

66th best team in the country! YEEEESSSSSS!!!!! :122245

ft45, the NIT is nothing to brag about but the Buckeyes lost 4 very good starters and a bench player who was drafted in the first round of the NBA draft(Cook) so winning the NIT after that does not make their season garbage by any means!

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

fightingtigers45 wrote:
someoverkill wrote:What is sad is that Boy wonder couldnt get the Gators in the title game this year. Good season. Your conference Champion was 4-12 in league. Nice job.

I couldnt care less about Florida this season...They werent supposed to make the tournament going into the season, and they didnt...What do you expect from a team without a senior and only having one junior?...Do you expect them to win the National Championship every year?...If you do, youre crazy...

Ohio State won the NIT...Their season was garbage also...There is ZERO room to brag from any Ohio State fans when it comes to basketball...Give me an accomplishment since I have been alive (1989)...The 98 Final Four?...Thats about it

What about the Final Four in 2007 ? And, if I can recall, not an accomplishment by any means but, Ohio States season might have been garbage but I do remember the Buckeyes running the Gators out of Columbus this year.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

fightingtigers45 wrote:

Yes, the SEC did get 6 teams in the NCAA, and they performed horribly. Well Done

Yeah. OSU lost a few 1st round picks themselves, not to mention 2 other starters. Guess OSU is suppsoed to make the Final Four every season. That wouldn't be crazy.

Umm..well..a young OSU team played a tough non-conference schedule, lost some close games in conference, and dominated every game in the NIT except for the last one. They also were the national runner-up last season, and have won numerous Big Ten titles since your birth. Though, I guess only Final Four appearances can be considered accomplishments, so Florida has had 3 good seasons in their program's history. OSU, well 9 accomplishments.[/quote]

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

fightingtigers45 wrote:

I'm just excited about the fact they won something, I know it isn't anything compared to the Elite Eight or even the Sweet Sixteen, but I would take an NIT Championship over a 1st Round in the NCAA Tournament, just my opinion though.

But it is great to see Butler at least go out with a win.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

oak hill71 wrote:
fightingtigers45 wrote:

I'm just excited about the fact they won something, I know it isn't anything compared to the Elite Eight or even the Sweet Sixteen, but I would take an NIT Championship over a 1st Round in the NCAA Tournament, just my opinion though.

But it is great to see Butler at least go out with a win.

Yes, Butler will be missed for sure. I agree with you about taking the NIT Championship spot rather than having an early 1st round exit in the tourney. The best part about the NIT Championship game is that all the young Buckeyes that played in that game, and there was quite a few, will have alot of experience come next year when they are in BIG game situations. Great way to go out tonight for Ohio State. GO BUCKS !!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go Bucks

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

I guess it just depends on who wins the NIT as to whether it is important or not.
Last year WVU wins the NIT and many called it the "Not In Tournament". :shock:

someoverkill
JV Team

Post by someoverkill »

win the championship every year? Theyve won 2 in their schools history. 6 teams in? Yes, what an embarrasement. 6 teams in the tourny, not sure how many made the elite 8 or the sweet 16? I do know their champion had like a .500 season. What a joke conference.
By the way, i dont think Carolina has a senior starter. They are pretty good. Quit hiding behind the youth. Florida being good in basketball is like early Easter. It will be back in about 20 years.

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

they won a championship

good for them. I said the buckeye would own this tourney

they should have been in the big one

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

fightingtigers45 wrote:

I couldnt care less about Florida this season...

Wow, so you only root when you think they are going to be good.

45 For the record, will you care next season?

ghostwriter
Varsity

Post by ghostwriter »

Come on 45 ....You knew you were starting a battle with you post.... :122249

Go Bruins!!!!

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

GO BUCKS !!!!!!!!!

fightingtigers45
S

Excuse me for saying I couldnt care less about them...I meant once they lost in the SEC Tourney, I didnt care...They were in the NIT...Yeah, I love the Gators, but if they didnt care about having "FLORIDA" across their chest, why should I care enough to watch them? They were definitely good enough to be in the NCAAs...Period...They didnt make it because of lack of effort and lack of passion...Therefore, I will not give the effort and passion it takes to support them...I watched a two of their four NIT games...I watched the Tennessee girls game the other night instead of the Florida-UMass game.

Ohio State did run Florida out of Columbus this year, youre right...I was in attendance...Florida shot 4-23 from the 3 point line and it wasnt because of the Buckeye defense...Just a poor shooting day...

You guys can talk about winning the NIT Championship all you want, but Ohio State should have made the tournament...Winning the NIT is something that should be celebrated by someone like UMass...A team that did not deserve the NCAAs, but played their best and won a tournament...Ohio State SHOULD have made the tournament...Look at their team for crying out loud! That is why I am bashing you guys for celebrating this victory...Because it something that should not be celebrated by a school the caliber of Ohio State...

Last two years FT45 was spouting off about his passion and love for Florida, and now because they "only" win 20 some games he says he doesnt care.

Can you say bandwagon boys and girls?

A fan is a fan is a fan and winning season have nothing to do with that. Unless you only root for frontrunners when they can make you feel good about yourself by winning something.

Bandwagon?...No, not at all...Dont question me whatsoever

Like I stated above...The players didnt show passion or effort when it mattered most and cost themselves their season...I dont watch that kind of basketball...3 years ago, this would have been an okay year...These guys should have made the tournament and didnt because of their own problems...Like I said a little bit ago...If they dont show effort and passion as a player, why should I show it as a fan?

Return to “College Sports”