We Are The Champions!!!!

fightingtigers45
S

Re: We Are The Champions!!!!

Post by fightingtigers45 »

And you guys who say Ohio State lost a lot....that definitely makes me laugh out loud...

Did they lose three lottery picks? No

Did they lose the best 3 point shooter in NCAA Tournament history? No

Did they lose all five of their starters? No

Did they lose their top two bench players? No

Did they have a senior on their roster? Yes

Trust me. Ohio State isnt the team that lost a lot.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

fightingtigers45 wrote:And you guys who say Ohio State lost a lot....that definitely makes me laugh out loud...

Did they lose three lottery picks? No

Did they lose the best 3 point shooter in NCAA Tournament history? No

Did they lose all five of their starters? No

Did they lose their top two bench players? No

Did they have a senior on their roster? Yes

Trust me. Ohio State isnt the team that lost a lot.
You are drunk and that is me being nice and in this case it was hard to do.

fightingtigers45
S

Are you saying you think Ohio State lost more than Florida did?!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

fightingtigers45 wrote:Are you saying you think Ohio State lost more than Florida did?!

Nope, but I am saying they lost a lot.
A blind man or evena house wife could see that.

fightingtigers45
S

Youre right, they did lose a lot...

I just think its funny that an Ohio State fan could say that to a Florida fan this season.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

newarkcatholicfan wrote:
fightingtigers45 wrote:Are you saying you think Ohio State lost more than Florida did?!

Agreed! Ohio State didn't lose as much as Florida but they still lost a lot. Very few teams have ever lost 3 first round draft picks in one year.

fightingtigers45
S

buckeye21 wrote:
newarkcatholicfan wrote:

Agreed! Ohio State didn't lose as much as Florida but they still lost a lot. Very few teams have ever lost 3 first round draft picks in one year.

3 LOTTERY picks at that ;-)

fightingtigers45
S

Give me a break....if I didnt know you FT45, Id swear you didnt play the game. When was the last time Ironton won the state in boys basketball or even a league title? Are they "garbage" (your word)?

No...Because Ironton plays hard and usually has inferior talent to teams they beat..They play with effort and passion...They dont expect things handed to them because they are Ironton...

Say what you want...But when a team starts out 18-3 and then buckles and doesnt make the tournament because of their own lack of effort, that team doesnt deserve me to care about what they do in their postseason tournament...

Yes, the NIT is useless...It is good to maybe get some players experience, let seniors go out with a "title"...But this isnt 1950...The NIT Championship should mean nothing to a team like Ohio State...

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Hey anytime you can win a Championship, I don't care if it is Tiddly Winks, that trophy is still something to be proud of. Go Bucks!!
:12224

fightingtigers45
S

abuck76 wrote:Hey anytime you can win a Championship, I don't care if it is Tiddly Winks, that trophy is still something to be proud of. Go Bucks!!
:12224

Maybe the National Championship of Tiddly Winks :-D

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

All I know is The Buckeyes won another trophy to expand their tradition of excellence on and off the field of Athletics. Proud to be a BUCKEYE.... Go Bucks!!

fightingtigers45
S

abuck76 wrote:All I know is The Buckeyes won another trophy to expand their tradition of excellence on and off the field of Athletics. Proud to be a BUCKEYE.... Go Bucks!!

And off?...

Sue E. Side
Freshman Team

Post by Sue E. Side »

Well thats funny that they shot 4-23 from behind the arc, because I remember when Florida won the National Championship last year and the buckeyes shot 4-23 from behind the arc. Was it because of Florida's D??? No it was just a bad shooting night. Programs like Ohio State and Florida etc. should not rebuild but only reload. IMHO both teams still should have atleast made it to the tourney even with young teams. These players are recruited to play at these programs for a reasoon... because they are very talented. An NIT championship > than a final four appearance in the NIT. :122249. Im sure you would have been happy if Florida had won the NIT. It was a lose-lose situation for the Bucks. If they would have lost in the championship they everyone would have said they cant win the championship and when they win it everyone says big deal its the NIT. Congrats Bucks get ready for next year.

fightingtigers45
S

Sue E. Side wrote:Well thats funny that they shot 4-23 from behind the arc, because I remember when Florida won the National Championship last year and the buckeyes shot 4-23 from behind the arc. Was it because of Florida's D??? No it was just a bad shooting night. Programs like Ohio State and Florida etc. should not rebuild but only reload. IMHO both teams still should have atleast made it to the tourney even with young teams. These players are recruited to play at these programs for a reasoon... because they are very talented. An NIT championship > than a final four appearance in the NIT. :122249. Im sure you would have been happy if Florida had won the NIT. It was a lose-lose situation for the Bucks. If they would have lost in the championship they everyone would have said they cant win the championship and when they win it everyone says big deal its the NIT. Congrats Bucks get ready for next year.

I attribute a lot of the misses to the defense of Florida...Last year, Florida help opponents to the lowest 3 point percentage of any other team in the nation...Everyone else must have just had an off night too ;-)

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

fightingtigers45 wrote:Excuse me for saying I couldnt care less about them...I meant once they lost in the SEC Tourney, I didnt care...They were in the NIT...Yeah, I love the Gators, but if they didnt care about having "FLORIDA" across their chest, why should I care enough to watch them? They were definitely good enough to be in the NCAAs...Period...They didnt make it because of lack of effort and lack of passion...Therefore, I will not give the effort and passion it takes to support them...I watched a two of their four NIT games...I watched the Tennessee girls game the other night instead of the Florida-UMass game.
Ohio State did run Florida out of Columbus this year, youre right...I was in attendance...Florida shot 4-23 from the 3 point line and it wasnt because of the Buckeye defense...Just a poor shooting day...

You guys can talk about winning the NIT Championship all you want, but Ohio State should have made the tournament...Winning the NIT is something that should be celebrated by someone like UMass...A team that did not deserve the NCAAs, but played their best and won a tournament...Ohio State SHOULD have made the tournament...Look at their team for crying out loud! That is why I am bashing you guys for celebrating this victory...Because it something that should not be celebrated by a school the caliber of Ohio State...

Last two years FT45 was spouting off about his passion and love for Florida, and now because they "only" win 20 some games he says he doesnt care.

Can you say bandwagon boys and girls?

A fan is a fan is a fan and winning season have nothing to do with that. Unless you only root for frontrunners when they can make you feel good about yourself by winning something.

Bandwagon?...No, not at all...Dont question me whatsoever

Like I stated above...The players didnt show passion or effort when it mattered most and cost themselves their season...I dont watch that kind of basketball...3 years ago, this would have been an okay year...These guys should have made the tournament and didnt because of their own problems...Like I said a little bit ago...If they dont show effort and passion as a player, why should I show it as a fan?

That's funny, Bandwagoneer

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

No sec dominance this season :mrgreen:

Maybe Billy will motivate next season.
I can't believe cbs had him giving his opinion on the halftime show.Since he did NOT motivate this season. :122246

fightingtigers45
S

He is still a better coach now than Thad Matta will ever be ;-)

Two national titles, 3 Final Fours...43 years of age...Ill take it 8)

Amen Corner
Varsity

Post by Amen Corner »

fightingtigers45 wrote:He is still a better coach now than Thad Matta will ever be ;-)

Two national titles, 3 Final Fours...43 years of age...Ill take it 8)

If he is a better coach then congratulations.
I will take a coach, person or player anyday that come to play,coach or motivate anyday than someone who does not, like Billie.

Congrats to Flordia on making the nit.
Yes i am proud of the nit championship and i am a fan all year not just when it is easy.
Go Bucks

IHSTiger81
Riding the Bench

Post by IHSTiger81 »

gahs4ever wrote:Is that the sound of the band wagon gaining another jumper onner again?

I've known this kid for ALOT of years. He's ALWAYS been a Florida fan. Ask anyone that truly knows him. Just because he can be honest about his favorite team doesn't make him a wagon-jumper.

Return to “College Sports”