Jalin Marshall-- To OSU or Notre Dame?

therepublican
Varsity

Jalin Marshall-- To OSU or Notre Dame?

Post by therepublican »

What is one of the top prospects in the nation going to say on January 31st?

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruit ... ement-date

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Re: Jalin Marshall-- To OSU or Notre Dame?

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

He is a lock to OSU

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:He is a lock to OSU
FACT!!!!!!!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Why go to Notre Dame?
No chance at a BCS game and little chance of winning a small bowl game in four years there.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Also as a QB, ND just filled their starter role with Keil.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Gunner, who I saw twice during the regular season and once in a allstar game I.M.O. was the most over hyped player ESPN talked about all season.

I really do not see him doing a lot at this level.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

He was out performed by a junior at the elite camp (Shane Morris) and it was said that Morris would be the #1 QB in this years QB class if he weren't a junior. Zeke Pike is also VERY overrated. This is not a very good QB class.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Thought I heard awhile back Morris was very inconsistent for his high school team this past year,is this true?

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Um, no. Novi CC went 8-2 in the regular season with one of those loses coming to St. Mary's (state champ) and then lost second round of the playoffs to a far better Cass Tech (state champ) team to finish 9-3.

Morris threw for nearly 1700 yards 19 touchdowns, to only 7 picks, and five of those came against Cass and St. Marys. He also rushed for 6 touchdowns, and had zero difference makers at WR.

I saw him twice, against Cass Tech who starts about 7 D1 players on defense (2 are all-americans), and one against Mott Institute. Against Mott he looked like a man playing with children, but against Cass his wideouts were just overwhelmed. You have one DB for Cass who is headed to Michigan who is an all american, and another who is headed to Michigan State who is physically huge for a corner (6'2, 210). He was putting the ball where it should go but the wideouts couldn't get off coverage. Not to mention Cass has an All-American LB and two DT's who are juniors who will be big time.

So to say he was inconsistent is not really accurate. Both times I saw him he was still the best player on the field and it was very obvious.

bobsaget
Riding the Bench

Post by bobsaget »

Peake- I feel like whenever someone mentions an OSU recruit, you always bash them saying they were outperformed by other people. Why come on here and say stuff like that? Go start a Michigan post and talk about your players on there.

C-Bolt
SEOP

Post by C-Bolt »

Not trying to start anything, but his numbers pale in comparison to Trubisky from Mentor,If he was the number 1 QB coming out next year I figure his numbers would be better, but maybe next year he will come out guns a blazing, just sayin

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

peytonhillis wrote:Peake- I feel like whenever someone mentions an OSU recruit, you always bash them saying they were outperformed by other people. Why come on here and say stuff like that? Go start a Michigan post and talk about your players on there.
He answered a question posed, and I think answered very well and fairly.

Try having more than 32 lifetime posts before you try and start trouble.

Thanks.

bobsaget
Riding the Bench

Post by bobsaget »

Sorry I have a life and don't post on here 24/7 like you guys and don't have over 1000 posts. I wasn't trying to start trouble, I was just commenting on how peake is always putting down OSU recruits.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

I think he's done a pretty good amount of praising Urban's efforts this year though.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Peake is a pretty knowledgeable guy when it's comes to the coolidge football world and recruiting. He offers alot of good info and interesting facts. He IMO is a pretty straight forward honest guy and says it like it is. He gives credit when credit is due and is honest in his opinion when credit is not due. If he bashes a OSU recruit it's not simple from his dislike of OSU but overall opinion of that player. As dubs said he has spoken highly of Meyer and his recruiting.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Thanks guys, appreciate the support. I will say this, I am not better then anyone, just happen to know a few people who do this sort of thing for a living, and they share information with me. I also used to work for scout and did some of the things that those same guys do now, so I feel I have a decent handle on how things work and touching base with people who have actually seen these kids. I also worked in college athletics for a year or two, so I tend to know the inter working of an athletic department. Other then that I don't know much outside of Michigan and OSU. Dubs always made a great point about knowing your enemy better then you know yourself, so I took it to heart. Great piece of advice imo.

So....Gunner imo and from the people who have seen him and seen him against other top notch kids, have told me in most years he wouldn't be the top QB and would have a hard time breaking the top 5 QB's in a strong year. He may come out and prove us all wrong, who would have ever thought Troy Smith would win a Heisman?

@C-Bolt, I don't know what to tell you. He doesn't play in a pass happy offense. He has a d1 runing back with a Michigan and OSU scholarship. He also has an offensive line that features an OT headed to Notre Dame next year, and one headed to Michigan this year. They run the football first and throw it second. Like I said before, the only weakness I saw from Novi was their WR's. He doesn't have a single wideout who can play d3 ball imo. He puts the ball on the money 90% of the time. He is rated the #1 QB in the nation for a reason, and I don't think it has to do with his stats alone. When matched up with the QB's in the current class, Allen Trieu said he was better then all of them and it wasn't even close. He has been featured on ESPN, so I assume he must be doing something right. I guess Matty Mauk is better then him too because he threw for 1 million yards?

I am also a little confused as to why I am putting down an OSU recruit. Since when Is Gunner Keil committed to OSU? :roll:

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

That last statement was what I was wondering too?

I think he thought you were knocking Jalin, but I read it as commenting on the ND recruiting of Jalin and his status with Gunner coming in.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i've known peake for years, he is straight forward , and informative.
even though he's a wolverine fan, he's still my good buddy.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Thanks Tigers same goes for you.

You know in the past I was young and stupid, and at times would lash out or talk down to people, and luckily I had good posters on here who said, you have good information just try presenting it in a friendlier fashion. So I listened.

Return to “College Sports”