Anthony Davis

UK#1
Riding the Bench

Anthony Davis

Post by UK#1 »

What does everyone think of UK freshman Anthony Davis. He is the best player in the country and has already broke the UK single season record for blocks that was held by Melvin turpin. GO BIG BLUE

VegasEagle
Varsity

Re: Anthony Davis

Post by VegasEagle »

pretty good but hes no Shaun Bradley lol hahahahaha

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Very good player. He is pretty much guaranteed a top 3 draft pick(potentially #1). Would get even better lift for blocked shots if he removes that heavy eyebrow from his forehead....

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

Really good player, top 3 pick, and if he becomes a star in the NBA that unibrow might be a trendsetter. haha. But the best player in college, i might give that title to Thomas Robinson from Kansas

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

He's a best blocks so many shots teams have to plan around him hes a game changer for sure just don't like him because he plays for uk lol !

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

He's very long, but slim. I'd like to see what he'd do against a big body center like Sullinger.

UK#1
Riding the Bench

Post by UK#1 »

Davis vs. Sullinger will probably happen in the tourny so we will see

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

He is a very good athlete and a big impact player. But best player in the country, that's a stretch right now. UK beats Kansas and Ohio State, okay, I will give it to you then. But get through Sullinger and Robinson first.

UK#1
Riding the Bench

Post by UK#1 »

run-n-gun wrote:He is a very good athlete and a big impact player. But best player in the country, that's a stretch right now. UK beats Kansas and Ohio State, okay, I will give it to you then. But get through Sullinger and Robinson first.
kentucky beat kansas

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

Not the best player in the country since he is not the best player on his team

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:He's very long, but slim. I'd like to see what he'd do against a big body center like Sullinger.
Dubs I think he would eat Sullinger alive to be honest

UK#1
Riding the Bench

Post by UK#1 »

davis has more blocks then the whole ohio state team

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Blocks are nice, but again he's tall and rail thin with 9 foot long arms. If he didn't have those blocks then you'd have something to talk about.

He wouldn't eat Sullinger alive. They'd go right at him.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

We are talking about the guy who @UGA, went 1/24 for 4 PTS, 11 REB, 0 AST

6'10" 220. Long arms. Can block shots.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:Blocks are nice, but again he's tall and rail thin with 9 foot long arms. If he didn't have those blocks then you'd have something to talk about.

Im just saying I havent been sold on Sully just yet im looking at the whole picture.... Who would you draft Sully If you were a NBA owner Sully isnt big enough to play Center in the NBA and he isnt fast enough to play power forward... Is he a good player yes do I think he will have a long Career in the NBA No..... This is coming from a guy who cant stand UK...

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

VegasEagle wrote:
seofan_via_dublin wrote:Blocks are nice, but again he's tall and rail thin with 9 foot long arms. If he didn't have those blocks then you'd have something to talk about.

Im just saying I havent been sold on Sully just yet im looking at the whole picture.... Who would you draft Sully If you were a NBA owner Sully isnt big enough to play Center in the NBA and he isnt fast enough to play power forward... Is he a good player yes do I think he will have a long Career in the NBA No..... This is coming from a guy who cant stand UK...
I think Sullinger will do well in the NBA. Ben Wallace and Dejuan Blair are both smaller than Sully and neither has as refined of an offensive game. I also think he could step out and play the four with his ability to shot the ball. Kevin Love, Carlos Boozer, Zach Randolph, and Tim Duncan are just a few guys I can think of at the four spot who are very successful despite not being exceptionally quick. Davis is probably the better prospect but I wouldnt sleep on Sullinger.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
VegasEagle wrote:

I think Sullinger will do well in the NBA. Ben Wallace and Dejuan Blair are both smaller than Sully and neither has as refined of an offensive game. I also think he could step out and play the four with his ability to shot the ball. Kevin Love, Carlos Boozer, Zach Randolph, and Tim Duncan are just a few guys I can think of at the four spot who are very successful despite not being exceptionally quick. Davis is probably the better prospect but I wouldnt sleep on Sullinger.
I hope you are right I just dont see it though

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Elton Brand. His game is nearly identical to Sully's.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Davis isn't even the best player on his team. He is a great shot blocker but he isn't very consistant when it comes to shooting and he tends to get very very lazy at times. I listen to Cal talk about him every week down here and he says worse things lol

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Unique and I mean unique talent.

Return to “College Sports”