Anthony Davis

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: Anthony Davis

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Orange and Brown wrote:Davis isn't even the best player on his team. He is a great shot blocker but he isn't very consistant when it comes to shooting and he tends to get very very lazy at times. I listen to Cal talk about him every week down here and he says worse things lol
I like Gilchrist the best of all of them I think. Teague will be successful in the NBA as well. He might just take a couple years to develop like his brother at Wake Forest.

FSUfly#13
Varsity

Post by FSUfly#13 »

See what Davis would do to Sullinger? The same Sullinger that was pushed around by Harrelson last yr? Who would have been Kentucky's 3rd string center had Cousins and Orton stayed?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Pushed around, or beaten with no foul call?

Davis doesn't have the physical banger game, he's a finesse shot blocker.

underthemound
Freshman Team

Post by underthemound »

I highly doubt Davis would push anyone around. Thats not his game. If he tried to get physical with Sully, it'd be to Sullys advantage. I do think his length would give Sully some trouble though. Another Kentucky vs OSU game would be great. It'll have to be either in the final four or the NC game. Btw, Davis and Gilchrist are big time prospects and both are top 10 NBA draft picks.

GoBuckeyes2786
Varsity

Post by GoBuckeyes2786 »

Sullinger also had 21 points and 16 rebounds against UK despite being beat on by harrelson most of the game.

Sullinger and Davis have very contrasting styles. As dubs said, Davis is more of a finesse player. Mainly on the defensive side. What I've watched of Kentucky this year, Davis' offensive game hasn't been that impressive and is inconsistent. He does have alot of potential and room to get alot better. His long lanky frame and huge wing span make him tough on defense with his shot blocking ability. Kinda like whiteside at Marshall a couple years back.

Sullinger IMO is more refined all around player. Has a great offensive game. Very tough around the basket, excellent passer out of coverage, nice touch on the ball and good free throw shooter for a big man.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Anthony Davis Season Averages

MIN..............30.8
FGM-FGA........5.0 - 7.9
FG%..............64.2%
3PM-3PA........0.0 - 0.3
3P%..............0%
FTM-FTA........3.2 - 4.7
FT%..............68.3%
REB...............10.3
AST............../ .9
BLK...............4.6
STL...............1.5
PF................2.0
TO................1.0
PTS...............13.3

Jared Sullinger Season Averages

MIN...............27.8
FGM-FGA.........6.3 - 10.5
FG%...............59.5 %
3PM-3PA.........0.4 - 0.9
3P%...............44.4%
FTM-FTA.........4.3 - 5.7
FT%...............75.2%
REB...............9.3
AST...............1.0
BLK.............../ 0.8
STL................1.5
PF..................2.6
TO.................1.7
PTS................17.3

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Both are fine young players who I hope will both help lead theie respective squads to the Final 4. The difference? One's talents I have seen many times. The other? Not hardly ever.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

Unlike football, Sullinger's conference has a large advantage, and they are equal in all areas except blocks.

David is a blocking machine, but like I said earlier, when you're 6'10" and light enough to get blown away in a wind storm, with incredibly long arms, you BETTER be a shot blocker!!!

thechosenone
Varsity

Post by thechosenone »

Im sorry for saying this cause im a die hard osu football fan. But im a die hard ky fan i believe davis would make sulli look bad. Thats just my opion..

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

thechosenone wrote:Im sorry for saying this cause im a die hard osu football fan. But im a die hard ky fan i believe davis would make sulli look bad. Thats just my opion..
I agree 100%

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

yea anthony davis would give sullinger problems, doesn't matter what anthony davis weighs , with his wingspan you'll have problems getting shots up without being altered or blocked

The General
All State

Post by The General »

The kid is a physical freak. Already a real good on the ball defender and especially strong one on one post defender. Quick and runs great. As he fills out and gains the huge amount of muscle mass that he will look out! Guys said yesterday he is like KG. Nope! He reminds me more of Dwight Howard and that aint half bad :lol: And just to think he was what 6 foot a couple 2-3 years ago? : :)

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Sullinger is a better college player. Davis a better prospect.

Bangers give Sullinger problems.

Don't see where there is an argument.

FlyingBuckeye3
Riding the Bench

Post by FlyingBuckeye3 »

I'll take Davis over Sullinger any day. Sullinger is a good offensive player but average defender with little athletic ability. Davis is quite the opposite, with a huge defensive presence and sub par offensive game. That said, Davis has shown the ability to have great offensive games coupled with great defensive efforts. It also helps that Davis has multiple scorers surrounding him in Kidd-Gilchrist, Miller, Jones, and Lamb so he isn't the focus of a team's defensive effort.

I mean how nice is it to throw the ball at the rim and have a guy with the ability to go up and get it?

The General
All State

Post by The General »

It is amazing what kind of talent this kid is emerging into.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Having multiple scorers around you might take the focus of the defense off you but it also means you're not going to get as many touches also. Fewer touches means fewer opportunities to score. More opportunities might add 2-3 points per game to his scoring average.

I say Davis has the more distinguished NBA career and would probably be drafted ahead of Sullinger if they enter the draft in the same year. Agree or disagree, it's only an opinion.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

How bogus was the technical called on Davis against Mississippi. What did they want him to do let go of the rim and land on his back?

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Super Trooper wrote:How bogus was the technical called on Davis against Mississippi. What did they want him to do let go of the rim and land on his back?
Agree It was Lame home cooking my friend

The General
All State

Post by The General »

Think he had 28 today and in a variety of ways. 11 boards and 7 blocks. Not only is he the biggest difference maker in college BB this year,he is becoming one of the top talents I have ever seen.

VegasEagle
Varsity

Post by VegasEagle »

Raiderball wrote:Having multiple scorers around you might take the focus of the defense off you but it also means you're not going to get as many touches also. Fewer touches means fewer opportunities to score. More opportunities might add 2-3 points per game to his scoring average.

I say Davis has the more distinguished NBA career and would probably be drafted ahead of Sullinger if they enter the draft in the same year. Agree or disagree, it's only an opinion.
Agree 100%

Return to “College Sports”