Ohio VS. OSU

Peake
SEOP

Re: Ohio VS. OSU

Post by Peake »

Ballparent,

I am not calling you out by name (ED, Mary, whatever your name is), so why are you taking things so personal? I can comment on any thread that I choose; isn't America great?

I love college football, I love the rivalry between UM/OSU, and this is a college forum, meaning anyone can comment on any thread regaurdless of who they cheer for. You choose not to comment on Michigan threads, that is fine, good for you. I follow OSU just as close as a I follow Michigan (recruiting, off the field, etc.). Ever heard the expression about keep your enemies close to you?

Last season same thing happend when Heene , who was forced into action as a freshman by the way, when everyone was calling for Mallet. Thank God he actually beat a terriable ND team, but when it came time for him to start in a big game, it showed he was still a freshman.

Are you really bringing up Juice Williams as a freshman? His team went 3-9 when he started as a freshman, reguardless of his stats. Tim Tebow was asked to contribute, he wasn't asked to start. Tim Tebow also possesses a different skill set than Pryor.

I played at the next level, I been around the college game, so I enjoy it and commenting on it. I don't care how much you do or don't respect my opinion. Do you really throw my opinion out due to me being a Michigna fan? That is ignorant in my book. Two people on this board I respect a lot (orestes and Dubs) are both OSU fans. Though there are times they tell me something I don't want to hear, I respect their point of view. Does it discredit any opinion I have really because I am not jaded like most OSU fans that think they could do no wrong? If you could go back to the summer of last year, I called Pryor to OSU after Tennessee lost QB coach David Cutcliffe to Duke. I was overly excited he was considering Michigan but in all honesty felt he would go to OSU. I worked/work for scout so I see half the kids that both Michigan and OSU are recruiting, so I feel I do offer a knowledgable opinion. I saw Corey Brown and Bell (OSU 2009 commits) this summer in Akron.

If you can't take the heat on this board, and believe I am not calling you out by saying Pryor shouldn't start, than don't post. People are not always going to agree with one another, human nature. But please don't tell me what I should and shouldn't do. Thanks!

PEake

P.S. I respect your love for the buckeyes, I share that same love for another team you and most on here don't care much for. I will try and not post when I see you have.
Last edited by Peake on Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bucksfan08
Freshman Team

Post by bucksfan08 »

does anybody know the stats on Jay Edwards from OU in this game? how did he look?

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

I can take the heat, no problem. :12222 But when you start a post by topping it with my username, you are directing your response to me. Do I discredit your remarks concerning the Buckeyes, (no matter how knowledgable you feel you are in your own mind) because you are a Michigan fan, yep, and consider the bias of the source. Do I think Pryor's a great freshman player, of course, have I said anywhere in any of my posts that he should start, nope, but yet you continue to bring that into the topic. So once again I question your comprehension of my posts. Do I highly regard the opinions of Tressel and Boeckman himself that it might be time to give him additional playtime to give this team something it is lacking, yes indeed. It's obvious from Orestes post that he holds Boeckman's talents in higher regard than me and had a different opinion than mine. Did he respond by using my username to begin his post thereby directing his response specifically to me, no, he didn't and simply expressed his opinion. It's great that Buckeye fans can do that. ;-)
It's fine that you follow Buckeye football, it's a great team to follow, but would I, even if I had an opinion or comment to make on Michigan football, go on a Michigan thread and post those comments, let alone direct them at a specific Michigan fan, no I wouldn't, personal choice I would make out of respect and because I feel it would not be my place. Maybe that's just the difference between Michigan fans and Buckeye fans. :lol:
I love Buckeye football and never miss a game, as many in person as I can make. I'm sure I'll be posting a lot on the Buckeye threads throughout the season and look forward to discussions of the games with my fellow Buckeye fans.

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

bucksfan08 wrote:does anybody know the stats on Jay Edwards from OU in this game? how did he look?

Stats from yesterday's game.....

http://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/fls/17300/stats/football/2008/02ohioun.htm

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Yes I trust my knowledge as does scout.com, Marshall University, and now Campbell University.

I must have not read your posts correctly or have accidently confused your posts with someone elses, no biggy.

Bias of the source? What Bias do I have? I picked OSU to win the National Championship this year, I beleive they are absolutly loaded, what is it exactly that you are speaking of? Like I stated before I respect many OSU posters opinions, and I don't disregaurd them because they are OSU fans.

Who cares if someone directs it at you. A lot of people direct their posts at one another. This is a commical.

Anyways, last time I will post on anything you have to say.

2trap_4ever
S

Post by 2trap_4ever »

I am loving all the talk about if Beanie had played, if one player is your team then don't go out to LA this week because the Bucks are going to get throughly beaten. Beanie cannot be the answer to everything, and from what I saw in this game is that Beanie has been making the O-Line look good. And after what I saw last week of USC, then the Bucks are in serious trouble this week.

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

bucksfan08 wrote:does anybody know the stats on Jay Edwards from OU in this game? how did he look?

Jay played some. Not sure on how much or how many tackles but last night on my DVR I remember a pass into the flats for only a yard game because Jay snuffed the OSU receiver. At his speed and work ethic he'll play a bunch for the Cats.

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

this game turned out to be my best case scenario. OSU came away with the win to keep the national title hopes alive but OU played a great game and had the Bucks on their toes all day giving them some much needed confidence for the rest of the season. it's also good to see the bobcats find their go to running back, harden looked great yesterday. boo jackson didnt look too bad but losing theo scott is going to hurt.

as for next week, Tress better have something up his sleeve for this this week's practices because if they play anywhere near the way they played yesterday they'll get it handed to them out west.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Practice could be very interesting in preparing for USC.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

peake wrote:I totally disagree with anyone who thinks anyone other than Boeckman should be starting. Pryor is not ready, period. I watched him get stuffed the majority of the time he was in. He did have a really nice run towards the end of the game. Todd is your starter, and who ever thinks that Pryor should start over him is crazy.

Beanie is the lifeblood of this team. If he is not in the lineup, than this team is going to struggle ( in the since that they won't dominate).

Herron looked pretty good today. I was impressed with him. He makes great cuts, but can dance a little too much at times.

I have to agree 100% with peake. Has Pryor even attempted to do anything but run the ball yet?

Return to “College Sports”