OSU vs. USC

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Re: OSU vs. USC

Post by seofan_via_dublin »

I see a lot of Buckeye fans picking USC on the pick'ems thread.

SHAME ON YOU!!!

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Osu goes in blows them out knocks them out of that number 1 spot cuzz they are not that good and shouldent be there go bucks!!

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

OSU is a 10.5 point underdog. I think I'll take Osu and the points :-D

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Sorry guys...USC by 2 touchdowns!!

earp
S

Post by earp »

Look for Pryor to be a factor especially if things go bad early! And dont think the play calling will be quite so vanilla this week when hes in the game! 8)

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

The Bucks are early 10.5 point dogs.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Look, it's a bird, it's a plane, no...
...it's Pete Carroll and the USC Trojans.
Thank God they showed up, or we might have been in for a disaster of apocolyptic levels.
Thank God they can stop speeding bullets, leap over tall buildings, and demolish even the greatest of football teams.
They could score 50+ on the 86 Bears defense, they could hold the 07 Patriots offense to 0 points.
They flexed their bulging muscles against the worst team in one of the worst conferences in D1 football, and now we should all fear the unstoppable force known as USC Football.

They have 2 FIRST TEAM preseason all-americans, both on defense.
What are the Buckeyes to do with their measly 4 FIRST TEAM guys, 2 on offense and 2 on defense.

They have a pocket passer, with a good arm, that is no threat to run.
It's to bad that the Buckeyes only have a hard time defending against RUNNING QBs.

They have so much big game experience with their 6 BCS games and playing in 2 national title games.
What will the Buckeyes do, they are so green as a program, they only have 6 BCS games, with 3 national title games.

USC has won 77 games since 2001 when Carroll took over, they are so dominate, what are the Buckeyes to do.
They have only won 75 games since 2001 when Tressel took over.

USC is 11-8-1 all time against they Buckeyes, that is pure domination.
The point spread over the series of 20 games is so huge (3 points)

USC over the span of 20 games vs OSU has averaged 16.71 points.
The Buckeyes just haven't been able to keep up with their 17.1 point average.

USC is a program that produces talent: 7 heismans, 67 first round picks.
If only the Buckeyes could keep up, they only have 7 heismans and 65 first round picks.

Oh, if only the Buckeyes stood a chance out in southern california. Maybe this game will be a stepping stone for the Buckeyes, and they can finally get over that hump they've been trying to get over. The lessons those young Buckeyes will learn, even with a horrible beating will be so great. They might even be able to elevate the program to the level of Stanford, Northwestern, or Duke.

thecoach
Varsity

Post by thecoach »

USC 35 OSU 21

on a mission
All Conference

Post by on a mission »

REAL SIMPLE BUCKS BY 10

huedawg
JV Team

Post by huedawg »

Bucks by 7 :122249

OhioSt_Fan
Waterboy

Post by OhioSt_Fan »

great news OSU fans....heard on College Footbal Live that Tressel has "cleared" Beanie for this week's HUMUNGAUS game.So all u nail-biters can stop w/the suspense.GO OHIO STATE!!!

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

i have to go with USC on this one sorry big ten

ballparent
S

Post by ballparent »

I'm going with my Buckeyes. Beanie's back, moves have been made on the depth chart for the game, including bumping Pryor up and Tressel will use him this game. The team will have that much needed spark. In Tressel and the young men of Ohio State I have faith that they knew this was coming and will show up loaded.

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

Some things being posted on the USC boards:

If healthy, where would Chris Wells be on our depth chart?

we've shut down every other big running back we've faced, Beanie will be no different

I know OSU fans don't want to hear it - since he's clearly been their best back in the last 20 years - but there's no way he's head and shoulders better than other RB's we've recently faced.

Does Wells have the wheels to turn the corner?

If i'm not mistaken, don't they have all the seniors and returning starters coming back this year, and Sc lost 10 players tot he draft?
If I hear one more tOSU person write "it's us against the world - all the talking heads are picking up to lose and get trounced - blah,blah,blah"
Get a grip tOSU fans and save the "we are the underdog nobody gives us a chance BS"....save that stuff for the Stanfords and Northwesters...man up and act like the team who has went to 2 straight BCS championships, not the Insight.Com bowl.

If you think a freshman with 30 plays under his belt against Youngstown and Ohio gives you the best chance to win playing on the road against a team like SC, you are delusional. Pryor has skills for sure but he has never faced a D with 1/10 the speed of SC. Nice article to hype the game and create intrigue but Tressel isn't that dumb. SC could scar the kid literally and figuratively for the rest of the year, and then some.

"We done gradeeate from O HIGH O State Uneever city, and we done good!"

How to you get a Buckeye to keep from playing with himself?
Cover him with a Trojan, he he hasn't beat it since 1973!

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

when did tressel become a doctor or part of the medical staff?

seofan_via_dublin
SEOP

He's not, and he didn't actually say that Beanie was cleared.

That is a story ESPN ran with.

During his press lunch Tressel went into one of his famous long and drawn out answers where he didn't specifically say anything, but could have said everything. Later when asked if Beanie was expected to play Saturday he simply said, "Yep".

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

thx for the clarification. ;-)

D_Journey9
Freshman Team

Post by D_Journey9 »

I think it will be a close one, but buckeyes will come out of this one with a W.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Boy who really knows until late Saturday night. I'll say one thing, vanilla play calling or not, i sat at the YSU game and watched our WRs attempt to go deep and were not able to get steps on the Penguin DBs. TB threw strikes and we had some big plays but it wasn't b/c of our speed at the WR spot, quickest guy at that spot that day was a frosh and he isn't likely to play much Sat. Knowing that we like to try to stretch the field with the deep ball I just can't see us having a whole lot of success against those speedy DBs from USC in that area. I know the play calling has been vanilla at best but I highly doubt that when they called those deep routes that Robo was only running 80%, hopefully I am fooled. Problem we will more than likely face is ALOT of zone blitzing and a stacked box which may force our hand to going over top and that may or may not be good for tOSU. Even Spielman said Sat that tOSU recievers could not get any seperation and this d will not be the d of the past 2 weeks. Big question for me is how will we defend SC?? Do we sit in zone (argh!) or do we force the issue? We have all heard that we were going back to more iso coverage and pressure this year, seems like the cards are in our pocket still and JT is really good at hiding his hand and throwing aces when the chips are down. Regardless, we need to adjust and mix it up much better than the past 2 NC games. No predictions here but my heart will be with tOSU no matter what!!!!!!!! Go Bucks!!!!!!

Pete Carroll is a great coach but is also very arrogant and at times is a true a$$!!!!

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

I see alot of Pryor this game trying to throw some things at them that they are not ready for. This will be the coming out party for Pryor and the talk after this game will be, who the starter should be! I can invision about three or four Buckeyes screaming into the camera after this game around 11:30 saying: "see, we did it, we shocked all you doubters who said we are soft and can't win the big games! Where's Mark May? Tell Mark May to talk smack about us now! we are #1!"

Return to “College Sports”