OSU vs. USC

chilltown
JV Team

Re: OSU vs. USC

Post by chilltown »

seofan_via_dublin wrote:
3morethan2 wrote:then again bob stoops hasnt lost TWO straight national championship

Say that out loud, two straight National Title games.

What, 2 straight National Title games?

Maybe you didn't hear yourself, 2 STRAIGHT NATIONAL TITLE GAMES!

Bob Stoops has lost to non-BCS conference teams in 2 of his losses, and hasn't be in what was that again...
...2 STRAIGHT NATIONAL TITLE GAMES.

Those games are nice if you are a Buck fan win or lose. A point that has been overlooked and valid is OSU is a product of a weak schedule and league . Thank God we don't have to go through this again this year, they have been exposed early this year instead of at the end of the season > (backing into the BCS title game ) . As far as the "Vest" haters , cmon give this guy some credit . I'm not even a Buck fan and you have to respect the guy.

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

chilltown wrote:The "Vest"and his boys get another beatdown on national TV .... USC covers the 13 ... No Beanie = No Chance :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wish I could pick"em all like this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brutus8907
All State

Post by Brutus8907 »

theassassin wrote:that was nothing but a BEATDOWN

yes captain obvious, we've established that already.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

Brutus8907 wrote:
theassassin wrote:that was nothing but a BEATDOWN

yes captain obvious, we've established that already.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

fightingtigers45 wrote:And if you want to throw everything on Todd when it comes to big games, look at Tressel. Big games with his own players? Whats his record? 1-5? Tressel ball is done. It will not work against good teams anymore.

I actually believe Tressel ball could still work against good teams but only if you had a shutdown defense. Ohio State has not had a great defense since AJ Hawk and company graduated.

Also FSUfly#13, you're correct....Ohio State does have a need for speed but not at the skill positions. The area's they need to improve on in the speed department is D-Line and O-Line. I was very impressed with Cam Heyward last season as a true freshman but he has disappeared this season and I'm beginning to think he's not quick enough. And that goes for the rest of the D-Line as well with maybe the exception of Lawrence Wilson and Thaddeus Gibson. The interior lineman create no pressure whatsoever(see Sanchez in last weeks game have 10 seconds to throw everytime!!!) and it's making the job's of Freeman, Laurinaitis and Homan that much more difficult. The same can be said for the O-Line. Although Boeckman has looked downright horrible, the O-Line is making his job that much more difficult.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

then what tressel should do is start pryor and the talented freshman class of linemen he has....im sure there wanting to play too and he should tell boechman i mean chokeman and the o-line if they dont step it up then they'll spend their senior year sitten on the bench

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

I agree totally with fuzzhead and tigercannon! Someone in "charge" needs to be held accountable. Our d has stunk it up against good teams since we lost our man to Cinci and now to MSU. We don't blitz and all we heard was that this was goiong to be a year of change b/c they felt that we had the athletes to play more man coverage. I also think that we are not teaching technique like we should to be a title contender, too much playing on their heals from the LB spot and not enough stuffing the lead blocker in the hole. Offensively we run a good hs passing game but unfortunately we are not playing for state championships at tOSU. Make the d think a little more and make 2 guys try to cover 3 or play man against us. Then use the "pick routes" more often like every other descent team does. JB is gone after this year, IMHO. Too vanilla across the board. JT is a good head coach but our position coaches are not doing their job and teaching kids and stressing to them the importance of getting better. The OC and DC have outstayed their welcome. PERIOD!We need a DC with a set so to speek!

Return to “College Sports”